What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NC RB Rashad Hall (Signed to Colorado - DNQ)

I was actually blessed with the opportunity of working with Rashad his Jr. year At Jefferson Forest. I graduated there in 2007 and helped out with football the past 2 seasons as an assistant to the athletic trainer. The kid is a phenomenal athlete and a great kid with great character. I'm only about 3 or 4 years older then him and from the first time i met him he always has said yes sir and no sir very respectable kid with great manors. and the year that i worked with him he was in no trouble off the field or in school. never a kid that would lose his cool and jaw off with opposing teams or anything like that.

On the field he his a great athlete super fast and explosive. More importantly the kid is durable!!! With the help of a good O line Rashad basically carried our offense. Im not sure how many carries he had a game but it was a lot and i worked in the training room the whole season we never seen rashad for so much as a cut.

Im super excited to see him doing something with his talent and hoping him and Colorado the best of luck!!!!

Welcome and thank you so much for the glowing report on his athleticism and character. We're very excited to have him at CU, and can't wait to see him on the field in black and gold. Go Buffs!

I was actually blessed with the opportunity of working with Rashad his Jr. year At Jefferson Forest. I graduated there in 2007 and helped out with football the past 2 seasons as an assistant to the athletic trainer. The kid is a phenomenal athlete and a great kid with great character. I'm only about 3 or 4 years older then him and from the first time i met him he always has said yes sir and no sir very respectable kid with great manors. and the year that i worked with him he was in no trouble off the field or in school. never a kid that would lose his cool and jaw off with opposing teams or anything like that.

On the field he his a great athlete super fast and explosive. More importantly the kid is durable!!! With the help of a good O line Rashad basically carried our offense. Im not sure how many carries he had a game but it was a lot and i worked in the training room the whole season we never seen rashad for so much as a cut.

Im super excited to see him doing something with his talent and hoping him and Colorado the best of luck!!!!
Welcome, good to hear that about Rashad. It sounds like he will fit right in in Boulder and I hope that he has a great career as a Buffalo on the field and academically.

Welcome aboard!

Rashad is the steal of this class, imo.

I hope he has a great career also... he is definitely a hard worker and is determined to do well... and i agree with his coach from oak ridge idk where they get having rashad as a 2* recruit... im sure you guys seen his highlights from his Jr season at JF that was a nightly thing for him... its not like who ever made is tape took the 6 runs he broke off and compiled them on tape... he was a home run waiting to happen his Jr season... when he took the field i was expecting a few to be broke off by him... and the even his 10th grade year he played varsity and was subbing in almost every other play with our senior running back (who had the most yards in the district) rashad was still finding significant time on the field from behind him and made use of the carries with like 800 some yards and 10 TD's... after his Jr season he was 200 yards shy of our school rushing record with a whole season to go... Im not a scout by any means but the kid has good vision good initial burst through the whole shows another gear in open field... big time speed he was clocked at a high school combine thing at 4.34... extremely durable... I agree with his coach 100% he is a special talent... and he has room to bulk another 10-20 lbs... he is already a very muscular kid but he still has room to grow into his frame

and like i said off the field not a trouble maker and a super nice kid which surprised me kids at his age with his talent tend to be arrogant and he was not at all the whole year i worked with him he was super nice got along with everyone all his teammates loved him.

I hope the best for him and really hope you guys enjoy watching him on saturdays!!!

I hope he has a great career also... he is definitely a hard worker and is determined to do well... and i agree with his coach from oak ridge idk where they get having rashad as a 2* recruit... im sure you guys seen his highlights from his Jr season at JF that was a nightly thing for him... its not like who ever made is tape took the 6 runs he broke off and compiled them on tape... he was a home run waiting to happen his Jr season... when he took the field i was expecting a few to be broke off by him... and the even his 10th grade year he played varsity and was subbing in almost every other play with our senior running back (who had the most yards in the district) rashad was still finding significant time on the field from behind him and made use of the carries with like 800 some yards and 10 TD's... after his Jr season he was 200 yards shy of our school rushing record with a whole season to go... Im not a scout by any means but the kid has good vision good initial burst through the whole shows another gear in open field... big time speed he was clocked at a high school combine thing at 4.34... extremely durable... I agree with his coach 100% he is a special talent... and he has room to bulk another 10-20 lbs... he is already a very muscular kid but he still has room to grow into his frame

and like i said off the field not a trouble maker and a super nice kid which surprised me kids at his age with his talent tend to be arrogant and he was not at all the whole year i worked with him he was super nice got along with everyone all his teammates loved him.

I hope the best for him and really hope you guys enjoy watching him on saturdays!!!

I sure wouldn't be upset if Rashad is just the first of a number of quality players from your area to experience success at the University of Colorado. He seems like the right kind of kid to be the leader of a new pipeline of talent to the Buffs.

Thank you so much for the review on this kid!

He got some great offers and his bio says he runs a 4.34 40. His HS coach also said speed is a big part of his game. But, in the recruit introduction, I got the impression that Embree was not sure he had break away speed. Did he run track in high school?

I also think Rashad was a steal. Embo said in his post signing day presser that some guys recruited themselves to Colorado. I gotta believe it was Hall and Clark. EB is a big attraction for prep running backs. rshelton89, do you know the history behind this, how these guys got hooked up with CU?

umm im pretty sure his 10th grade year at JF he did run track. i dont think he did his Jr. year and i have know clue if he ran or plans to run out door this year i would imagine he would not risk an injury... but when he played for us at JF he showed another gear in the open field... i actually was a big critic of his 4.34 40 before i got to know him and worked with the team. Cause lets face it 4.34 40 is elite world class speed. the fastest running back at the NFL combine a few years ago ran a sub 4.5 like 4.48 or something

but one game against our county rival liberty high school he broke a run to the outside was headed down field 2 kids were down field with good angles on him 1 from each side and rashad didnt even think to cut and take one on he jus hit another gear split the 2 kids and left them looking stupid and from then on i didnt question his break away speed the kid can flat out run!!! he ran away from everyone in our district and amherst high school is the power house of our division because they are so fast and he ran away from there kids... so at JF yea he had the break away speed... playing at the next level i guess we will see but i think he will do jus fine and should be able to run away from a great deal of the athletes at the college level

and im not trying to be bias because we are friends or anything he is a great talent and an even better kid! im super proud and happy for him its a great opportunity and im sure he will make the best of it. and its nice to see you guys behind him and excited for him the way you are!!!

also thanks to all you guys for the welcomes to the board and if you have any other questions bout him ill do what i can to answer them or ill try and call him up and ask him if idk...

Last edited:
I also think Rashad was a steal. Embo said in his post signing day presser that some guys recruited themselves to Colorado. I gotta believe it was Hall and Clark. EB is a big attraction for prep running backs. rshelton89, do you know the history behind this, how these guys got hooked up with CU?

NA i dont have any idea but the next time i talk to rashad ill ask him how he got hooked up with them and see what he says... but im not sure how he got hooked up with them... if it was the coaches trying to help or what but i did read some where his team had 9-12 kids commited to division 1 colleges!!! so someone is apparently putting in the time to get these kids looks

NA i dont have any idea but the next time i talk to rashad ill ask him how he got hooked up with them and see what he says... but im not sure how he got hooked up with them... if it was the coaches trying to help or what but i did read some where his team had 9-12 kids commited to division 1 colleges!!! so someone is apparently putting in the time to get these kids looks

It strikes me as weird, and probably others here, that unknown kids from North Carolina end up on a visit to CU and commit instantly. I am certainly not complaining. Both guys look great. Maybe they want to ski or snow board. Who knows. Just curious the connection and I hope CU exploits it for future recruits. Great info too, thanks for that.

No problem man i was just as curious lol... but i know rashad loved boulder when he made his visit out there talked bout it being a beautiful place seemed to really like it out there but ill remember to ask him whenever i can get in touch with him how he got hooked up with them

The school in North Carolina is kind of a prep school and the team is essentially used to market players to universities. The coach did some calling around and of course the kids worked out over the summer at various camps, combines, etc. I'm guessing after his senior season in NC, some schools came knocking and offered, Colorado being one of them. Rashad took his visit there and essentially fell in love with Boulder as well as staff. As I told him at one point during the recruiting process, "Wherever you decide to go make sure it's the right fit for you not just football wise but somewhere you can see as a home for at least 4 years." I've read on a website (it may have been this one) that the coach at Oak Ridge has ties to the Pac-10 (now 12) schools so I'm assuming that's where the connection was established.

Rshelton89 hit the nail on the head in his description of Rashad, a fast RB with very good vision, and off the field very well mannered and carries himself with good core values. He has blazing speed when he finds the lane, if he doesn't play RB do not be surprised if he moves to WR and makes plays there, he isn't a natural catching the ball but with reps he can be a very big threat at that position. ESPN listed him as the sleeper of the class Colorado brought so the name might be one to remember. Rashad is a WORKHORSE, put the ball in his hands and good things are bound to happen. He can contribute early to the buffs in the return game. Speed will not be an issue at this level for Hall, as an old saying goes, "You can't coach speed, some have it some don't." Rashad definitely possesses it and knows how to use it to his advantage. It may take a few practices or weeks for him to get adjusted to the college game, as I can attest to; it's a world of difference than high school ball, everyone is just as good as you if not better. This will not deter him though, his mentality when it comes to hard work is simple, "I'll out work the guy infront of me to prove I'm better, then out work the guy beside him to solidify that I'm the best at anything I put my mind too."

The highlight film is again: dailymotion.com/jfrback30 (click Rashad Hall).

I would love to see more players from the non-tidewater VA area get opportunities to do something with their talent, however the coaches outside of the that area aren't fielding coaches walking into their offices saying let me see who you have that can make an impact. Part of this is on the coaches as well as various other reasons.

Good luck to Rashad and Jermaine and I hope to see them on the opposing sideline in a BCS bowl in years to come. Maybe Rshelton89 or Rashad or Jermaine will place the puzzle pieces together and figure out who I am, a friend indeed.

"There's no glory in practice but practice is where games are won or lost."
1. God 2. Family 3. Education 4. Football

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Here's a direct link to that video. There's a brief advertisement on the vid before you see Rashad.

http://www.dailymotion.com/jfrback30#videoId=xbc1ac

Will be exciting to see him on the field.

Nice film. He seems like a guy that runs with speed and nice vision, patience to set up blocks and power when he needs it. Also, must be real nice for a RB to have WRs willing to no kidding block; obviously a trained skill on this team. I hope we can see more of that with CU next year as well. Recievers should not be just pass catchers.

I'm excited to see what Bienemy will do with this group of RBs we have coming in.

None will see playing time

IMO, none of the RBs from the last two classes will see significant playing time at RB (or elsewhere for that matter). EB will surely get a highly rated RB who will come in and start from day one after speedy is gone. The new RB will have more offers than all the otehr RBs combined (which isn't that hard at 3-4 offers).

IMO, none of the RBs from the last two classes will see significant playing time at RB (or elsewhere for that matter). EB will surely get a highly rated RB who will come in and start from day one after speedy is gone. The new RB will have more offers than all the otehr RBs combined (which isn't that hard at 3-4 offers).

So essentially Rodney Stewart and then your hypothetical blue chip will get 100% of the carries from here on out. Sounds like a solid argument you have there.

When Tony Jones is getting a significant number of carries next season, I look forward to revisiting these posts.

Agree. When Jones is not getting any carries, I will really enjoy reading all the posts and all the hype about all of these great RBs that couldn't garner any signficant offers from any other BCS school. Just wait. EB will sell playing time to a blue chipper and he'll give that blue chipper all the carries he wants.

I just hope the big-time RB that Bieniemy brings in can meet your offer threshold that you use to evaluate RB prospects. I really hope he does not fall 1-2 offers short, that would be a shame.

Dude, you are seriously obsessed with RB offers as a guide to their value. I remember you going on about Garrison getting no offers from D-1 schools, but he signed a letter of intent with West Virginia. Let it go. Colorado will not be a one back school, and Hall and Creer both look likely to be contributors. (Even if one of them contributes somewhere other than RB.)

So essentially Rodney Stewart and then your hypothetical blue chip will get 100% of the carries from here on out. Sounds like a solid argument you have there.

When Tony Jones is getting a significant number of carries next season, I look forward to revisiting these posts.

By the same logic, Rodney won't get any carries either. He was a 2* who no one recruited.

To avoid piling on, though, I think 'walk' does bring up a good general point. Much more than star ratings by recruiting services, a prospect's offer list is a better indication of him. At least from the standpoint that a guy with a lot of offers (especially from BCS programs that run similar systems) is having the consensus of like-schools say he's a good player. But I believe it's a disservice to the player to go strictly by offer list and base a personal evaluation on that. My personal run down goes like this:

1- Check out the offer list. If he's got a lot of big offers, it's a good bet he can play and that he can qualify academically.
2- Go to the film. If he doesn't look like the best player on the field in his highlight reel, he probably can't play. If he dominates and has the measurables, he probably can play.
3- Trust your coaches. If the first two don't give a strong opinion one way or the other (and maybe if they do), trust the evaluations of the player from your coaching staff. There may be character or academic issues we'd never be aware of or the full game film shows a lot of plays taken off/beaten that we don't catch in the highlights or he may simply not be a good fit for the system or he may be a good player but there's another guy the coaches are equally high on who would be a pipeline into a more important program/area. (We've got to get used to #3 again.)

By the same logic, Rodney won't get any carries either. He was a 2* who no one recruited.

To avoid piling on, though, I think 'walk' does bring up a good general point. Much more than star ratings by recruiting services, a prospect's offer list is a better indication of him. At least from the standpoint that a guy with a lot of offers (especially from BCS programs that run similar systems) is having the consensus of like-schools say he's a good player. But I believe it's a disservice to the player to go strictly by offer list and base a personal evaluation on that. My personal run down goes like this:

1- Check out the offer list. If he's got a lot of big offers, it's a good bet he can play and that he can qualify academically.
2- Go to the film. If he doesn't look like the best player on the field in his highlight reel, he probably can't play. If he dominates and has the measurables, he probably can play.
3- Trust your coaches. If the first two don't give a strong opinion one way or the other (and maybe if they do), trust the evaluations of the player from your coaching staff. There may be character or academic issues we'd never be aware of or the full game film shows a lot of plays taken off/beaten that we don't catch in the highlights or he may simply not be a good fit for the system or he may be a good player but there's another guy the coaches are equally high on who would be a pipeline into a more important program/area. (We've got to get used to #3 again.)

4. Pull your head outta your ass. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Didn't Hall have some pretty decent offers? Cal and Oregon at least from what I recall, not half bad imo.

Creer also had UW and Nebraska sniffing around, so..

I think Hall is good, but I'm not entirely sold on Creer. Yes, he has talent...but his reels weren't mind-blowing. I hope the best for them both as Buffs.

I'd like to defend walk though...well, to an extent. I think it's good to be excited about prospects, but at the same time, let's be realistic. Some of these kids were reaches. I honestly do not think this staff would have offered some of these kids in next year's recruiting cycle. However, they were offered and they wanted to be Buffs - and many are viewing them very optimistically. I know it's a broken record (if you even care about what I write...), but I think if AAM was interested in being a Buff, many on these boards would be praising his power running. I think part of walk is saying is that some of the elevated praise and optimism around these kids needs to return to earth.

As for none of these kids being good enough to contribute...I strongly disagree with that. While I personally think some kids were reaches, they were offered schollies by our coaches for a reason. Speedy isn't going to carry the entire road next season...and good luck finding a blue chip RB that will carry all of your runs. AD's do not come around all the time.

I don't think anyone really expects Hall or Creer to win any Heisman trophies or anything like that, but walk is saying that neither of them will make a significant contribution, ever. Pretty harsh words considering both of these guys were more highly recruited out of high school than Rodney Stewart. Bobby Purify was also an afterthought if I recall, how'd that work out? Now these two may or may not become big time players for CU, but just because they don't have the offer list that AP had coming out of high school doesn't immediately mean they won't ever do anything. He's essentially saying that next year EB will land a guy and he will get 98% of the carries as a true freshman.

If you notice, I did not say every single lightly recruited RB on the roster can play. I think some were reaches and I think some will move to other positions. I did single out one guy that did not get big-time offers because colleges quite simply did not expect him to qualify in the end. They were still talking to him though.

Recruiting has to get better across the board, but you cannot automatically dismiss every single 2*/low 3* player we ever recruit just because they have few offers. That is lazy analysis.

Back