What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NC RB Rashad Hall (Signed to Colorado - DNQ)

I don't think anyone really expects Hall or Creer to win any Heisman trophies or anything like that, but walk is saying that neither of them will make a significant contribution, ever. Pretty harsh words considering both of these guys were more highly recruited out of high school than Rodney Stewart. Bobby Purify was also an afterthought if I recall, how'd that work out? Now these two may or may not become big time players for CU, but just because they don't have the offer list that AP had coming out of high school doesn't immediately mean they won't ever do anything. He's essentially saying that next year EB will land a guy and he will get 98% of the carries as a true freshman.

^^
This is a 2-3 star class, and now it's all about commitment and coaching. And there is also the fact, as Buffnik pointed out, his argument stands for a 2 star recruit, which means he has really made no argument. I think he's just stirring the pot.

IMO - we are all going to revisit this post in about two years when Hall is dominating the PAC-12 and widely regarded as one of the best RB's in BCS play. If he dedicates himself, he will be a beast!

the more I watch rashad, the more I think he's going to be the next in line to start, along with tony. this guy looks the part, plays the part of a what will become a great rb. diamond in the rough

the more I watch rashad, the more I think he's going to be the next in line to start, along with tony. this guy looks the part, plays the part of a what will become a great rb. diamond in the rough

If he's not an academic casualty. Not looking good.

Is there any way summer school can make him eligible?

If a post-grad year didn't do it, my guess is that he'll need to go to a JUCO and we'd have to decide whether to re-recruit him in 2 years. Nothing official yet, though.

If he doesn't get eligible that's a huge bummer. I really thought he could come in and play immediately.

Do we go after 3 backs this cycle now?

This sucks, I liked Hall. It also doesn't give us the freedom to move Creer to DB, which sucks.

were we gonna move creer to db?

Not sure what the staff had plans for, but I thought he looked really good at DB in his videos. If we had Hall coming in I'm thinking we might have some freedom to explore a move to DB, but I don't see us having that luxury now.

Not sure what the staff had plans for, but I thought he looked really good at DB in his videos. If we had Hall coming in I'm thinking we might have some freedom to explore a move to DB, but I don't see us having that luxury now.

Yep, I have always thought Creer moving to DB was going to happen sooner rather than later. Not sure now.

It's been in the papers and some articles lately, but in case anyone missed it: Rashad Hall did not qualify.

Since he did not make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse, he will be attending a JUCO. Since he is a non-qualifier, he will need to get his Associate's Degree from a JUCO in order to be able to transfer into a D1 program and be eligible. Once he graduates from the JUCO, he would be eligible to transfer without sitting out a year. He'll be either a RS-Sophomore or true Junior at that time. 2013 class.

Do you know which one?

So some of the talk about RB prospects for the upcoming cycle, and the number of guys we might go after made me remember this guy. As I recall, the coaches seemed to think highly of him, and at least some folks seemed to feel like he was the best RB we'd landed in that first class. From what I can tell, he ended up at the Contra Costa Community College in California. He ran for 644 yards and 4 TDs on 116 carries (5.5 ypc). His cousin, Jermaine Clark is still on the roster, so I would think that if his grades are in order, we might give him another look to come in as part of the 2013 class. I think that gives him three years to play two.

Reactions: aik
I don't think the pipeline would support this then unless he's really, really good. We'll probably play two RB's this fall that are true freshman and I just don't think we will need to bring in a kid with 3 to play 2, given the limited scholarships. I'd expect Buffs to only take one RB this cycle. Will be interesting to watch though.

What about OLB or S? He is a pretty good athlete...I wouldn't pass on him if he was still willing to be a Buff, JMO.

Any word on what's become of Rashad? I think he was a truly gifted athlete, and hope he gets a chance somewhere.

I found that he is at Contra Costa JC and just had a great SOPH year (127 yards per game). However, he is not listed on any recruiting sites and there's no news out there of recruitment. I saw some film, and he's good enough.

soooooooooo...... Seems like Rashad has some work to do. As a non-qualifier, he must GRADUATE with a 2 year degree before he can become eligible to transfer to KSU. Since his Juco eligibility is up, I believe he can still redshirt and get that done, but unlikely that Contra Costa is going to pay for that. Probably will need to move back home and get NCAA qualified. Don't blow it kid. Most do.....

Back