What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TNFR S Vlad Emilien (Signed to Toledo)

Embree seems to be taking more of an NFL type approach to his recruiting and only going after guys that can fill positions that we need right now. Hawk seemed less concerned with this and was more about getting bodies and trying to fit them in some place. Best of luck to you Vlad and in the long run it will probably be better for your football career by going to another school where there is a greater need at the safety position.

Sorry to complain but Embree said we couldnt take Emilien (who two years ago was one of the top saftey recruits in the country) because we didint have any room for more safteys, but then goes and signs Harlos and Clark.

Sorry to complain but Embree said we couldnt take Emilien (who two years ago was one of the top saftey recruits in the country) because we didint have any room for more safteys, but then goes and signs Harlos and Clark.

I thought they were both slated to be LBers?

I have no problems with the staff not taking Emilien or any other kid. They have to decide who is going to fit into their program and can make the maximum contribution. Emilien was highly recruited out of HS and by all indications is a pretty decent prospect. I also haven't seen anything to indicate that he has an attitude problem or academic issues.

That all said CU wasn't the only school to pass on him. I would be very surprised if Toledo was his dream destination to play college football. He has been out there long enough that plenty of other schools have had time to investigate and offer if they felt he was going to be that level of player.

Bottom line is that Embree is the one who has to decide who gets the limited number of schollies we have available. If in conjunction with his position coaches he doesn't think a guy is the right fit that has the be his decision. Doesn't mean the kid can't be an excellent player for somebody else, it just means that he isn't the right fit here and now in the judgement of the guy who gets paid to make that decision.

I hope that Vlad goes on to an excellent career at Toledo. If Embree didn't want him here badly enough to schollie him he is better off someplace where he is wanted.

Back