What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX WR Austin Vincent (Signed to Colorado)

Welcome back, Austin!

He's re-enrolled as a walk on right now.

Since he was in the same class as Spruce and sat out last year, he'll enter the 2013 season as a RS-Sophomore.

I'm starting to feel pretty good about our WR depth now.

Rivals has an article today: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463278

"I hope I can bring leadership qualities to the team. I just want to show everybody that you can continue to struggle or you can move on. You don't have to keep pondering on something, just keep moving forward. I will bring all type of tenacity to the football field and a winning attitude. I just want to win, man."

We need Vincent to have a good spring and earn the trust of the new coaching staff. It would allow us to redshirt the three freshmen WRs.

He looked pretty good in the Fall practices I saw, but was small. Now he is 200+ lbs.

huge. as Duff said, we need him to allow the coaches to start redshirting some of our WR's - the depth chart is ridiculously packed right now.

Great news for him as well. Paying full out of state tuition - wow! Hope he earns that scholly by summer.

Don't believe he can be eligible after attending Sam Houston State last semester, without sitting for a year. They are D1.

Unless the rule has changed, he must sit a year, even if he wasn't on the Sam Houston State football team.
(anyone remember Mel Holliday, running back from Nebraska who wasn't in their program but had to sit anyways?)

The only thing I can think of is that either the NCAA changed the rule since 2005 regarding the "year of residency" or perhaps, there is a waiver one can get perhaps under the following conditions:

Vincent was suspended from CU.
Vincent attended JuCo with the intent of transferring back.
Classes he needed were not available at the Juco, and thus (perhaps) he could petition the NCAA to allow him to take the requisite courses at Sam Houston State in order to continue along the track towards graduation (as mandated by the NCAA as well).

Last edited:
If the reports about his pre-dismissal performance were accurate, this bodes well for the receiving corps.

I never saw much the one fall he was here, but he was young and raw. Hopefully physical and emotional maturity will allow him to really shine. We need some playmakers and Vincent has a chance to change this position from "aweful" to ok if he can step up.

Getting back into CU thru the Juco route after being expelled is no easy task for one, so that's a good sign. But coming back here after being suspended shows me a lot. He could have easily gone elsewhere without penalty, but choosing to walk-on here takes some nerve. Wish him a lot of luck!

According to Ringo, he has to sit out one year because he practiced at Sam Houston State.

Back