What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA FB Christian Powell (Signed to Colorado)

**** you Burrito. I am on a trial with Buffscoop and we just had this discussion in another thread that while I am planning on trying out Stampede when this trial is over I am leaning towards not signing up. Not so much because of the $ but I am not finding enough value-too many microbits of info without that many important scoops. And then the next day if it was a scoop I find out on AB anyway where i prefer to play.

Not sure why some say you can find out by clicking on the link w/o a subscription-doesn't work for me. Anyway, someone can tell us tomorrow.

**** you Burrito. I am on a trial with Buffscoop and we just had this discussion in another thread that while I am planning on trying out Stampede when this trial is over I am leaning towards not signing up. Not so much because of the $ but I am not finding enough value-too many microbits of info without that many important scoops. And then the next day if it was a scoop I find out on AB anyway where i prefer to play.

Not sure why some say you can find out by clicking on the link w/o a subscription-doesn't work for me. Anyway, someone can tell us tomorrow.
It might be in barzil.

when you click the link it says: Buffs take the lead for Powell

Well usually you make me look like one of CU's Nobel Prize winners so yes, only now-but that time past. I feel smart again.
So, not for literature? I think "smart" is a think thing, not a feel thing. I could be wrong. How do you feel about it?

All I know is we need a badass FB, and I think Powell is that badass!
:stupid:
Powell is starting Sept. 1st against the new and improved CSU if he so chooses to join us-and it appears we are currently in the lead over Nebraska and many others. He is gonna blow up some huge holes-every RB will want to play for us!

Most schools don't give scholarships to one FB, and now we are giving a scholarship to two? Can someone explain whats going on?

Most schools don't give scholarships to one FB, and now we are giving a scholarship to two? Can someone explain whats going on?

Well we are trying to run a pro style offense and we have shown in the past that a good FB (Drumm, Vickers) Leads to a good run game. A good run game is essential to a good pro style offense. So we are trying to get a good FB, so we can have a good run game, so we can run a good pro style offense, and therefore win games.

Well we are trying to run a pro style offense and we have shown in the past that a good FB (Drumm, Vickers) Leads to a good run game. A good run game is essential to a good pro style offense. So we are trying to get a good FB, so we can have a good run game, so we can run a good pro style offense, and therefore win games.

Utter, thanks so much for explaining how a fullback works. I was confused what exactly there role was... But seriously, what I was eluding too before cowUtter got smart, was do we have a plan to keep norgard on the defensive side? I've never once seen a team take two fullbacks in one class. The only other thing i can see is that we took Norgard real early, and then came across Powell, and realized he is a must-have.

I'm fairly certain we'll leave Norgard on defense if we get Powell. Massive waste of talent to leave Norgard on the bench as long as Powell is around.

Utter, thanks so much for explaining how a fullback works. I was confused what exactly there role was... But seriously, what I was eluding too before cowUtter got smart, was do we have a plan to keep norgard on the defensive side? I've never once seen a team take two fullbacks in one class. The only other thing i can see is that we took Norgard real early, and then came across Powell, and realized he is a must-have.

Ohhhhhh well now that you clarify. Depth is nice. The reason the buffs want to be deep is because teams have shown that depth is important to the success of a team, the more depth you have, the better practices you have. AND if you are deep and you get an injury you don't have to freak out because you have another guy who is pretty good that can fill the role of the injured player. So the Buffs are trying to get 2 fullbacks, so they can be more deep, and therefore win more games.

Did you get away?

No putting Norgard and Powell both at FB would be idiotic. The staff learned with Harrington and Ahles this season. No reason to keep Ahles at FB, so he moved to LB and got quite a bit of PT.

No putting Norgard and Powell both at FB would be idiotic. The staff learned with Harrington and Ahles this season. No reason to keep Ahles at FB, so he moved to LB and got quite a bit of PT.
But he could have moved back to FB had Harrington gone down.

Cross train Norgard if you want, but we need two people who know the FB position.

I agree with that. But keeping both at FB full time would be a bad move. We have too many holes

Back