What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA FB Christian Powell (Signed to Colorado)

Vickers was a running back converted to fullback. The last truly great FB recruit we had was Brandon Drumm. It's no mere coincidence that we won the Big 12 with him on the team. The guy was a freak - in a good way.

I read that and nothing is set in stone. He could decide sooner rather than later.
I thought about this response, but decided to go with "we're gonna win" although I coulda said "we're gonna win especially when he commits after EB's inhome this week"

Vickers was a running back converted to fullback. The last truly great FB recruit we had was Brandon Drumm. It's no mere coincidence that we won the Big 12 with him on the team. The guy was a freak - in a good way.

Last edited:
Powell, this guy's gonna be in your living room!

256726_crop_650x440.jpg

Be nice to him, cause he's shy.

No more visits possible if he decides during the dead period. If he doesn't, I think JE is the only head coach who hasn't visited.

**** I really want this guy. I'd put him way up on my top 5 list. I think Norgard could rock it on either side of the ball but if we could get Powell, he would start as a Freshman and Norgard would start too on the Defensive side.

I will punch UCLA in the mouth if they take Powell from CU. This kid is a Buffalo. It only makes sense for him to play for CU.

I wanted this kid for a few reasons - he seemed like a decent FB, and also, I'm not really behind the move of Norgard to FB. I think it's great that he wants to be wherever to help the team, and it's great that the coaches just want to get him on the field. However, I like him on defense.

As for FB...I feel like it's a position where you can groom guys that aren't panning out at other positions (like LB) to play. Why not give Norgard a shot on defense?... ...

Whatever though - hopefully Powell still decides CU.

UCLA? UCLA sucks! Ever been to a football game there? The first two weeks are played before school is even in session and the stadium is like a 1/2 hour from campus. WTF?

Sounds like a UCLA lock. They wouldn't offer him then tell him they won't lose him imo

"He had a long talk with coach Brown," Esquivel said. "He's very close to his mom. He lost his brother about four to five years ago. He's going to stay with UCLA as the front-runner with Colorado behind it, Nebraska basically third. It's all location. But with Christian Powell and his situation and what he's been through, Christian is the type of kid where he's not selfish at all and tries to please everybody. I know his mom wants him to [stay] close to home."
:bang: but not surprising

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1315102

carp. He woulda been special here. I guess he still could be, but it doesn't sound promising.

Jan 5th - Embree In-Home
Jan 6th-8th - UCLA Visit

Go Buffs!

UCLA is the local school, and my family really wants me to stay close to home.

“The only thing I’m not sure about is how I’ll fit in with their offense. I know [Noel] Mazzone is coming in as the OC, and at ASU, I don’t think they used the fullback much in their offense. So that’s what I’m going to ask about on my visit. I want to know what kind of offense they’ll be using and how I’ll fit in. Demetrice Martin is the coach recruiting me, an

Back