What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Sounds like he was a little premature on the social media. I'm not sure if his basketball ability hasn't been over hyped. I guess we'll see next year this time.

Never highly monitored Shane's hoop abilities, but I would be surprised if Shane turned into a key player for USD if he ever even makes it there. Best wishes to him in pursuing his dream, but it's a long road for him to haul to become a key player on a college basketball team. The Toreros are struggling, but the West Coast Conference is no slouch and a solid mid-major conference where you're facing the likes of Gonzaga, BYU, St. Mary's.

Sounds like he was a little premature on the social media. I'm not sure if his basketball ability hasn't been over hyped. I guess we'll see next year this time.

Bizarre.

Allegedly tears up shoulder in winter of 2011-2012.
Allegedly has major surgery on shoulder in approx Feb 2012, days after signing his LOI. Fanbase doesn't know about it for 6 months.
Allegedly is going to compete for the job come August. We find out in August, he had a procedure and isn't quite ready.
Allegedly is able to run scout team and looks absolutely fantastic during fall.
Allegedly is crowned the "future of the program". Embree pleads with Bohn that he has his QB in place.
Allegedly is the leader, pushing hard on players who want to quit program.
The University runs him out there as the poster child to "receive our new coach, the great FoodCart". Talk about a slight to Connor Wood!
Allbuffs waits in anticipation to see Dillon take control come spring.

Spring practice comes, I personally state after the first practice I observe, that he is not ready. I held back because what I saw (and I stated this in Barzil) was frighteningly awful. Some of the awful may be related to above surgery (how did he come back that fast though?). But there are other issues not involving arm.

Allegedly he doesn't like football, and isn't into it.
Allegedly he decides to leave a full ride scholarship behind to transfer to USD.
Allegedly he is going to pursue his true love at some Juco in Cali.

Now this? Bizarre.

His story sounds more and more like D. Payne's version of the car heist story. I get the feeling there's some major parts of this story we still haven't heard (in his defense).

Last edited:
I don't like to speculate.... ah screw it I will. I think the basketball thing gave him a justifiable way out. He was held up as the future of this program, even after Embree was fired. Not exactly fair to him, but that was the case. For whatever reason, injury, ability, motivation, he just didn't have it. Transferring to play basketball sounds better than quitting football after being a prized recruit. He leaves CU, lands on his feet a week later, has a national story about him and all seems right. Only now we find out the USD transfer was a bit a fabrication.

As CVille says, you don't just choose to play in the WCC. That's a legitimate conference. Being 6'6 doesn't guarantee you a spot on a D1 team. In his defense, he did put up some very good numbers in high school, albeit at a small school. So maybe USD is really just waiting for a spot to open for him next year. What is clear is that he was somewhat misleading about the transfer. I think it's because it helped take the attention off him being a bust. We'll see, I have a feeling we won't hear from him again. I don't wish it upon him, it's just my feeling. Bizarre saga all around.

I don't like to speculate.... ah screw it I will. I think the basketball thing gave him a justifiable way out. He was held up as the future of this program, even after Embree was fired. Not exactly fair to him, but that was the case. For whatever reason, injury, ability, motivation, he just didn't have it. Transferring to play basketball sounds better than quitting football after being a prized recruit. He leaves CU, lands on his feet a week later, has a national story about him and all seems right. Only now we find out the USD transfer was a bit a fabrication.

As CVille says, you don't just choose to play in the WCC. That's a legitimate conference. Being 6'6 doesn't guarantee you a spot on a D1 team. In his defense, he did put up some very good numbers in high school, albeit at a small school. So maybe USD is really just waiting for a spot to open for him next year. What is clear is that he was somewhat misleading about the transfer. I think it's because it helped take the attention off him being a bust. We'll see, I have a feeling we won't hear from him again. I don't wish it upon him, it's just my feeling. Bizarre saga all around.

You are probably very right in that there is a big part of this story that we aren't hearing.

You don't usually play football well enough to get a BCS level scholly if you don't enjoy doing it. There is just to much time and effort involved if you don't.

I'm thinking that the pressure that JE put on him to be the saviour of the program along with his dealing with the injury situation and the losing in the program soured him completely on football. It is likely that his decision was made before the coaching change ever happened, it just hadn't been put into action. When M2 came in and Wood started to excell it settled the decision and he took the opportunity to jump.

If he hates football he did the right thing. But after a year away, if he misses it, he could play at a smaller cali school with a scholly and play basketball on the side. I hope thats what ends up happening to him.

Back