What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Did he do it playing basketball? If so, I'm pissed. You aren't getting a free ride for playing basketball.

Tore my labrum and had surgery back in april of 2011. 10 months later and physical therapy once a week, I'm still battling to get back to 100%. Also, most labrum tears do not require surgery, so the fact he is having surgery indicates that it is pretty bad. The thing with shoulders you have to worry about the most is the high likelihood that the shoulder will continue to pop out of the socket. This is bad news. Anyone know if it was his right or left?

DID NOT DO IT IN BASKETBALL! Was done in the Championship game, hitting someone. Tear is small and could even possibly tried to rehab only but take no chances has opted for surgery in order to be ready by June. This type of injury is a much bigger deal for baseball pitchers.

This is concerning because we don't want something that will slow his development and/or linger to be a problem later.

At the same time based on what is reported here we have a whole lot more speculation that we are going on than fact. Other than DesertDawg not a lot of around here are doctors so it might be wise to wait until we hear a little more from somebody who actually knows what the doctors think after they have a chance to find out exactly what is going on.

This is concerning because we don't want something that will slow his development and/or linger to be a problem later.

At the same time based on what is reported here we have a whole lot more speculation that we are going on than fact. Other than DesertDawg not a lot of around here are doctors so it might be wise to wait until we hear a little more from somebody who actually knows what the doctors think after they have a chance to find out exactly what is going on.

Crazy talk, right there.

If we waited for an informed opinion every time, Allbuffs would only have 17 posts total, and frankly over half of them would be mine.

Crazy talk, right there.

If we waited for an informed opinion every time, Allbuffs would only have 17 posts total, and frankly over half of them would be mine.
Based on my experience here, grammar/spelling errors on 50% of there posts sounds about right.:nod:

If we were counting on a frosh QB to start right away, we were in big trouble anyway. It sucks that he got hurt, but sounds like he'll be back in time for fall. Don't rush back into action, let it heal, redshirt this season, and see where we are in 2013. If we have any chance at a bowl game this year, Wood or Hirschmann needs to be good enough to beat out a true frosh anyway.

Here's to a fast and complete recovery. Haven't heard if it is his throwing arm yet but I am guessing it is.

So glad we were able to get Connor Wood to CU. This allows Dillon to take his time and not get rushed from the time he steps on campus.

I am glad he not only commited early but really helped out in recruiting this class. Hope he has a great career in Boulder.

it is his throwing shoulder, fwiw.

i was responsible for tearing my roommate's lubrum in college (haha, funny if i said labia). running home drunk from the bars i got in front of him and crouched down, he flipped over me and nailed the curb with his shoulder. he had surgery and i have never seen a more miserable person the year following the operation. his shoulder still pops out to this day.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;i05pOS8WPIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05pOS8WPIo[/video]

Awesome news Dillon is going to be better than ever!

i was responsible for tearing my roommate's lubrum in college (haha, funny if i said labia). running home drunk from the bars i got in front of him and crouched down, he flipped over me and nailed the curb with his shoulder. he had surgery and i have never seen a more miserable person the year following the operation. his shoulder still pops out to this day.
You asshole

In Shane's case, we're talking about a small tear that he's been able to play basketball with for the past month.

Honestly, I'm a bit more concerned that you called it a "lub"rum....

Back