What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA QB Shane Dillon (Signed to COLORADO)

Embree is not expecting incoming freshman quarterback Shane Dillon to redshirt

Good line for the moment but if Shane is on the field this year I will be shocked, and also dissapointed because it means we are in deep trouble and have another lost season.

I'm sure what Embo has told him is that he will have a fair shot to earn playing time and that he won't be redshirted unless he is down the depth chart. If Dillon is playing it means that Wood is hurt, Hirsch is hurt or not there, Schrock isn't getting it done. Ouch.

At the same time it makes sense to tell the majority of incoming Fr. that they aren't planning on redshirting them. If you tell someone that they are going to RS they may naturally not work and prepare as well as they would if they are hoping to play.

Yeah - I'm not reading too much into this. Unless Dillon comes in and blows the doors off, it would seem logical to give him another year of eligibility to learn the system.

Yeah - I'm not reading too much into this. Unless Dillon comes in and blows the doors off, it would seem logical to give him another year of eligibility to learn the system.

Embree promised Dillon a shot to start. He promised the team all freshman would have a chance to play this year. He promised that no veteran was safe from competition.

Not really that big a deal. Now if Dillon does play this year, I have seen enough from wood, hirshman and schrock that I would be confident we have a star in Shane Dillon. He is gonna have to be an absolute stud to overtake those three in his first year here. Biggest thing holding him back would be his knowledge of the playbook. Also his size. I would be interested to see how much he has bulked up now that he is done with bball and his shoulder is healed.

Looks like he's been workin out with Donovan McNabb as well!
577952_3857774287652_1377231623_33393637_205975519_n.jpg

Thanks to BuffScoop for the image

I think we'd be pretty happy if Shane's college and pro career turned out the way McNabb's did.

I didnt know this. I like McNabb more now.

Though McNabb was approached by recruiters from numerous colleges, only two schools—Syracuse University and the University of Nebraska—offered him scholarships to play as quarterback.[SUP][4][/SUP]He initially leaned toward attending Nebraska, as he relished the idea of being coached by Tom Osborne. Eventually, however, he decided to attend Syracuse, principally because he wanted to prove he was a competent "pocket passer", but also for academic reasons.

I didnt know this. I like McNabb more now.

Though McNabb was approached by recruiters from numerous colleges, only two schools—Syracuse University and the University of Nebraska—offered him scholarships to play as quarterback.[SUP][4][/SUP]He initially leaned toward attending Nebraska, as he relished the idea of being coached by Tom Osborne. Eventually, however, he decided to attend Syracuse, principally because he wanted to prove he was a competent "pocket passer", but also for academic reasons.

It also helped that Syracuse let him play basketball in the offseason for a national title contender.

McNabb is a pretty big QB and Shane makes him look small.
I would say that Shane makes him look short, not small. Donovan has him beat around the midriff.

The Camera mentioned that Shane is going to begin throwing again in a few weeks.

Why do I have a feeling that he's gonna come in and set the world on fire?
He's been on fire for the Buffs since he was recruited. He helped a lot in recruiting other players. Conner Wood really wants to compete too... I heard he traveled with the team last year at his own expense.

Embree has these kids wanting to be Buffs, which is cool!! I get the feeling Pigeon didn't convey the same passion to the kids. I remember winning the last 2/3 games with Cabral at the helm and all he did was bring back some traditions.

Go Buffs!!

While working Chris Sandifer's profile, I stumbled across this.

6'6" SG/SF 2012 Shane Dillon of Christian HS (SDA PUMP N RUN- Juniors)-Combo athletic wing who runs the floor well and is a good rebounder. He has good jump shot with 3pt range.

May this new #7 cause far less drama (other than late game victory heroic drama) amongst us than his predecessor.

Let's hope this #7 is much more similar to another tall California QB who played for Stanford and the Broncos than he is to the short #7 who came from Idaho along with his incompetent father.

Nice film. I'm pretty psyched too. By the time he's a JR and ready to start, he should be really good.

They seem to do a lot of 3 step drops and I didn't see any shotgun. Not sure either of those will play into the Buff O but just an observation.
He'll start before he's a Junior.

Sounds like he was a little premature on the social media. I'm not sure if his basketball ability hasn't been over hyped. I guess we'll see next year this time.

Back