What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA RB Davien Payne (Signed to Colorado)

Awesome! Thanks! Rumble, young man, RUMBLE! He'll be a great Buff! I think our Red Zone proficiency just went up 20%!

Shopped.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I could be wrong, but that scene looks very familiar. Like maybe it's a place I've been to a lot over the last 6 years.

Kid is a beast. A little like Jerome Bettis at Notre Dame.

I think he's a little shiftier. He's better at spinning, side-stepping, starting and stopping. He's capable of runnign folks over, but he's got more tools in his chest.

I'm pretty sure you're right about that. I could be wrong, but that scene looks very familiar. Like maybe it's a place I've been to a lot over the last 6 years.

Yes. And right now I'm up in your territory in Longmont. Didn't smell any jumbalaya though...

Yes. And right now I'm up in your territory in Longmont. Didn't smell any jumbalaya though...

FYI - The Lucille's in Longmont is nowhere near as busy as the Boulder and Denver locations. Take advantage.

FYI - The Lucille's in Longmont is nowhere near as busy as the Boulder and Denver locations. Take advantage.

Eaten enough food already. Christmas is full of food.

Hearing that Payne passed the eyeball test this weekend in a big way.

:lol: anyone see his ESPN picture?

i

If he is anywhere close to his reported size, I will be estatic. It has been a looong time since we have had a true difference maker at RB. Especially one with those measurables. It will be a huge change after seeing speedy for so long.

BTW is it sad that he is bigger than one of our recent QB's

:lol: anyone see his ESPN picture?

i

That is just ESPN displaying how they feel about recruiting, lost.

(To be fair, their recruiting coverage and analysis has been better this year and has been steadily improving the last few years. IMO they still have a lot of ground to make up compared to the other recruiting services)

Can't wait to see this kid run. He is going to bring a much needed dimension to our offense that we haven't seen since BobbyP.

Our last two stud running backs have been tiny guys in Speedy and Huuuuuuuuuuugh, I am excited to see that wve got a few bigger backs that seem to really be able to run! I hope Creer comes back strong from his surgery and maybe takes a redshirt year to heal fully and we will have a pretty studly tandem back there with Payne and Creer! Crowder seems to fit that mold as well.

Our last two stud running backs have been tiny guys in Speedy and Huuuuuuuuuuugh, I am excited to see that wve got a few bigger backs that seem to really be able to run! I hope Creer comes back strong from his surgery and maybe takes a redshirt year to heal fully and we will have a pretty studly tandem back there with Payne and Creer! Crowder seems to fit that mold as well.

Big backs are great, but we need the beef up front to clear some running room for them! Payne would be very dangerous if he has a head of steam going into the defense. But if guys are penetrating the OLine and getting to our backs in the backfield, we need speedy type of guys who can create a way out of there.

Who wants to play LB in the P12 now, bitches? You get 250 pounds of POW coming at you through the hole, then you get another 215 pounds of PAYNE right behind him. Just quit now.

He may be the big back we have been looking for over the last few years.

I have visions of Powell & Payne eating up 6 yards at a time. Marching down the field with defenses completely unable to stop them.

I need a sandwich.

Back