What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OT Paul Thurston (Signed to Nebraska)

If he took another trip to Nebraska it seems like that would be the favorite right now. I don't know why you would take a second trip some place if you weren't REALLY interested in going there. It sucks and it just seems like for whatever reason the Colorado kids are just not that excited about staying in state....That's too bad because Embree and EB are already making some good strides in turning this thing around with the kids that we are bringing in this fall and by some of the kids who are going to be signing with us this Feb. They have a chance to be part of building a program back up while giving mom and dad a chance to come to every home game but if thats not their thing then good luck to them and I won't feel bad when they are wishing they were wearing black and gold three years from now!!

you are a moron... bo peep is a front runner for tosu job

If Meyer don't want it I think Bo takes it. But I believe Urban has first choice. Stoops don't go anywhere. He's reached the level of Switzer in OK. Win or lose, they will forever love him.

I think Paul stays home. He is very close with parents and I see him staying here. IMO.

Last edited:
Well, there was this leak ..........

340x_pelini.jpg

Michigan already has 4 OLs committed and it will likely be 5 after this weekend. Kyle Kalis de-committed from Ohio State and will be visiting UM this weekend. He's expected to verbal. I really doubt that Michigan takes 6.

Kalis seemed like a toss-up from what I have read. I have also seen several Michigan posters saying taking 6 is a real possibility.

If Michigan is not an option, he is a Buff IMO.

Oregon, Corn****ers, Michigan.

If that's a final three, it's awful disappointing and means we really whiffed at home this year (no offense to Clay and Tyler who I am excited about). Hard to imagine what these olinemen are seeing. We have a proven line coach, just had Solder drafted in round 1 and Miller will go reasonably high in next years draft. Puzzling.

If that's a final three, it's awful disappointing and means we really whiffed at home this year (no offense to Clay and Tyler who I am excited about). Hard to imagine what these olinemen are seeing. We have a proven line coach, just had Solder drafted in round 1 and Miller will go reasonably high in next years draft. Puzzling.

but that reasoning isn't consistent. If we're bragging about Solder and Miller, their position coach is no longer with the team. If we're bragging about our new o-line coach, he didn't have anything to do with Solder or Miller.

I'm disappointed in this news, as I wanted Thurston a lot, but whatever. I don't think the door has completely shut on Callahan or Thurston. I hope the staff is still recruiting these two even after they commit out of state.

I think Thurston is a Buff. No inside info. I think he's known all along and wanted to commit early but didn't want to be one of those guys that starts taking trips in December. He did some due diligence and has checked out some nice schools. Unless there's something that's come up that I haven't heard, he will be a Buff.

If he commits elsewhere (50-50 at best), then I still think he signs with the Buffs in the end.

Last edited:
but that reasoning isn't consistent. If we're bragging about Solder and Miller, their position coach is no longer with the team. If we're bragging about our new o-line coach, he didn't have anything to do with Solder or lMiller.

I see your point, but i'm touting two independent points. One that Colorado has a very distinguished history of producing NFL linemen with Solder and (likely) Miller being the most recent examples and secondly that our new line coach Marshall is an upgrade, having previously mentored 11 Pro linemen, including Andre Gurode and Marwan Hage from CU.

Going to have to go with TX, CA and HI kids to show the locals how it's done.

and I'm honestly okay with that. If these kids don't want to show the love then we'll just have to recruit the guys that do want to turn this thing around. What really irks me is that he couldn't have made it a top 4 and listed CU as a kind gesture to his home state. Of course the coaches would have known it was crap, but the other recruits/coaches would certainly take notice and perhaps verbal early to secure a spot.

I too tend to feel while it would be nice to lock up the borders if they don't want to come then just find someone who does and let them get this turned in the right direction. Embree has rolled out the welcome mat to local kids and offered them a nice opportunity to stay in their home state, play some D1 football in a quality BCS conference and get an education at an excellent university. If they don't value the opportunity so be it.

I too tend to feel while it would be nice to lock up the borders if they don't want to come then just find someone who does and let them get this turned in the right direction. Embree has rolled out the welcome mat to local kids and offered them a nice opportunity to stay in their home state, play some D1 football in a quality BCS conference and get an education at an excellent university. If they don't value the opportunity so be it.

I'm with you. I'd love to have them. But we'll win with them or without them. I won't lose any sleep over it as long as I see talent coming in.

Back