What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO PG Xavier Talton (Signed to Colorado)

New Rivals article that has some great info that allowed me to update XT's profile: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1290939

From the article:

"We had a great time. They have a family environment around the team at CU. It is like a second family away from your actual family," Talton said.

Has anyone seriously ever seen an interview with a recruit where they haven't said that about CU? 'Nik, Golden & I noticed it too at the open house. This team is TIGHT.

I'm starting to get a little excited about Talton. I don't think he'll be all-conference or anything, but we might be pleasantly surprised.

From the article:

Has anyone seriously ever seen an interview with a recruit where they haven't said that about CU? 'Nik, Golden & I noticed it too at the open house. This team is TIGHT.

I'm starting to get a little excited about Talton. I don't think he'll be all-conference or anything, but we might be pleasantly surprised.

Ive been noticing that family thing for a while as well.

Expanded Boyle comments -"This is a guy who wants to be a Buff, the guys that want to be here can bring in a different attitude and it can be something really special. We try to simplify the recruiting process as best we can, so if a player can pass, dribble, and shoot we want to be recruiting that player, and Xavier is certainly a guy that can do all three of those things. Xavier is a young kid for his class, he is still only 17, and that's good for us because he has shown a lot of maturity and there is a ton of room for this kid to improve and we look forward to helping him do that."

This one surprises me a lot... ... ...I'm not the head coach though. Perhaps he's expecting some attrition in Dre and XJ potentially leaving early, or he just feels that he can redshirt this guy and eventually bring him to his full potential.

...hopefully the program keeps improving so even if XT doesn't come to be a solid contributor, the program succeeds. This is definitely one to keep an eye on, just out of curiosity's sake.

XT - get angry at me and prove my skepticism wrong. Congrats on joining the team.

This one surprises me a lot... ... ...I'm not the head coach though. Perhaps he's expecting some attrition in Dre and XJ potentially leaving early, or he just feels that he can redshirt this guy and eventually bring him to his full potential.

...hopefully the program keeps improving so even if XT doesn't come to be a solid contributor, the program succeeds. This is definitely one to keep an eye on, just out of curiosity's sake.

XT - get angry at me and prove my skepticism wrong. Congrats on joining the team.
this is the "we will always have a serviceable PG" guy methinks. A year of having nate tomlinson as your starting PG with sharpe as his backup must have really effected Taddy :lol:

Josh Scott on Xavier: "We know how good he is"
Coach Boyle: "We're excited what he's bringing to the program."

Welcome to the Black and Gold!!

Now lets see 2 or 3 of these a game please

[video=youtube;ncCmt-luBa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCmt-luBa4[/video]

The drive to the rim in the first few seconds reminds me quite a bit of a certain other under rated player to come to Colorado.

[video=youtube;FslQ8Pqvzms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FslQ8Pqvzms&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:
So just to clarify (i´ve been out of the loop for the past week or so), barring any transfers or early exits we now have no schollies for 2013 right?

So just to clarify (i´ve been out of the loop for the past week or so), barring any transfers or early exits we now have no schollies for 2013 right?

We have 1 unless Cain earns his scholarship back, which he's likely to do.

Welcome to the Black and Gold!!

Now lets see 2 or 3 of these a game please

[video=youtube;ncCmt-luBa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncCmt-luBa4[/video]

Just to make that clear, that first video was his sophomore year. I played for the opposing basketball team, and that kid was the biggest freak of nature we played all year... as a sophomore in high school. Mans got potential.

You could also throw in a couple of kids from Pagosa Springs (of all places!) who played D1, including one who started for Wazzu for a couple of years. Talent will out!

Wazzu also had a kid from Fruita that started for a few years. I had no idea they had 2 Colorado kids starting for them.. :wow:

A couple of articles in the local weekly rag in Sterling. Page 22 and Page 23. Offers a lot of insight into Boyle's recruiting of Xavier. Had watched him from his freshman year on. Spent enough time watching him while at UNC that he probably felt really comfortable with Xavier's talent and skill level. He knows what he is getting with Xavier. I don't think he would have signed him if he didn't believe he could contribute and compete.

http://www.southplattesentinel.com/

A prospect like this coming out of Sterling is a surprise. Have any of you guys been to Sterling? That place sucks

this guy in my nieces boyfriend. Which I got told at Thanksgiving.....methinks she is in for some heartbreak come next fall. She is pretty, but she is a freshman in Sterling. He will be moving on....

this guy in my nieces boyfriend. Which I got told at Thanksgiving.....methinks she is in for some heartbreak come next fall. She is pretty, but she is a freshman in Sterling. He will be moving on....

Be careful...

She might just try to be his baby momma and then he wont be moving on too quickly...

He's all of 6'2" and gave Niwot all they could handle. Niwot is pretty good this year and plays a high pressure defense and has a couple 6'5" guards that can jump and run. One will play college ball and the other is one of the top soccer players in the west and hasn't played basketball in awhile, but is agile and big and can defend. Talton had his way with them all game. Game was very close until the last minutes when Niwot starting fouling and it got away (8 points I think).

Talton is definitely a D1 player. He can jump. Missed on an alley-oop early, but he was well above the rim. Shows a very nice shot and touch, makes his free throws and is very athletic. Would like to see him against top AAU kids. Can't tell his ceiling, but he's a good player. Would play minutes RIGHT NOW in my opinion.

He's all of 6'2" and gave Niwot all they could handle. Niwot is pretty good this year and plays a high pressure defense and has a couple 6'5" guards that can jump and run. One will play college ball and the other is one of the top soccer players in the west and hasn't played basketball in awhile, but is agile and big and can defend. Talton had his way with them all game. Game was very close until the last minutes when Niwot starting fouling and it got away (8 points I think).

Talton is definitely a D1 player. He can jump. Missed on an alley-oop early, but he was well above the rim. Shows a very nice shot and touch, makes his free throws and is very athletic. Would like to see him against top AAU kids. Can't tell his ceiling, but he's a good player. Would play minutes RIGHT NOW in my opinion.

How much scoring did he do?

He's all of 6'2" because one of my son's friends is 6'1" and we were standing on the court after the game and their team came out of the dressing room and stood right next to us. He looks 5'9" on the court because of the way he moves. He is big enough to play PAC12 ball right now in terms of height/weight. He will need to adjust to better competition.

He got his points without really ever taking over the game. He took it over when he needed to with a few minutes left, but otherwise, he was looking to pass first I felt.

Could lose the Mohawk though.

Be careful...

She might just try to be his baby momma and then he wont be moving on too quickly...

Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh.

Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh.

Hilarious! Although now thanks to Goose, she has a bad idea in her head.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

Back