What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO PG Xavier Talton (Signed to Colorado)

Hilarious! Although now thanks to Goose, she has a bad idea in her head.

-- I'm a [strike] mother****ing [/strike] internet Angel --

Wait, what did I do?

As for recruits reading this board, you guys would be surprised...

Well this came back to bite me at Christmas. In front of everybody she announces "I saw what you wrote about me on Allbuffs Uncle FIB". So then I am scrambeling to remember what I wrote. Apparently he is a huge CU fan, reads the board here and looks to see what we are writing about him (good for all the people who want to piss and moan in recruits threads....what you write here can turn a recruit off on CU.) When he read that, he told her, and they had a good laugh.
ALLSOME. You are a hero.

Wait, what did I do?

Sorry, it was someone else who made the joke, not you. My bad: reading comprehension.

Yeah, I am surprised to a certain extent - I'm not surprised that they read the boards, but I am surprised that they care too much.

I fully admit that I was cautious with Scott when he came up, because we hadn't seem him compete against other top guys (he did well last summer though, so I'm on board). I also fully admit that I was probably one of the posters most questioning Talton's scholly offer. This doesn't mean that I don't think Talton has potential or I don't want him to contribute to CU. However, I personally would have done things differently if I was coach (e.g. spread out schollies, etc). I'm not TB though...obviously...so all I'm doing is coaching from my chair.

In my opinion, recruits should not care about me and my opinions. I'm an idiot that loves basketball, loves CU, and has an opinion every now and then. Xavier - if you're reading this, then take my cautious attitude towards you as motivation. Prove me and all other doubters wrong. Any recruit that reads our collective stupid opinions should do the exact same.

Dye, I'm with you for a lot of that post. I think we will have at least two, and very possibly three scholarships for next year. That's the difference in our thinking. The issue with this comes the year after because we don't have any 2012 seniors and I don't see anyone leaving for the NBA, so maybe only one if there is attrition. Not a big deal if the quality of 2012 and 2013 classes is what I expect.

[h=2]@William_Whelan[/h]2012 Colorado signee Xavier Talton averaging 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 6apg at Sterling (CO). Top ranked team in 4A ball.

Don't want to spam so I won't link it, but he are a few tidbits from the interview I did with Xavier tonight. Went and watched him play Erie.

“I was definitely looking to come in and help a team,” he said. “I wanted to make the team known around the nation. (The 2012 class) want to put CU on the map and I know Boyle has done that. We want to continue that tradition.”

Of course the biggest question with Xavier is, can he adjust to high-major basketball? There’s no doubt that playing against schools like Erie, Skyline and Fort Morgan will not prepare anyone for college ball. Talton even admits to taking the occasional rest.
“There’s a couple of stretches where I get a little lazy and relax,” he said. “But I try not to do that too much. It’s definitely going to be a transition. I’m going to have to push myself more and consistently.”

Sterling currently sits at the top of the Denver Post 4A poll at 14-0. Against Erie on Tuesday night, Talton recorded 13 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three blocks. Lazy and relaxed. Yeah, right.

Its not like he has to produce next year...he will get a year working against Dinwiddie and Booker and should help him gage his weaknesses

Don't want to spam so I won't link it, but he are a few tidbits from the interview I did with Xavier tonight. Went and watched him play Erie.

“I was definitely looking to come in and help a team,” he said. “I wanted to make the team known around the nation. (The 2012 class) want to put CU on the map and I know Boyle has done that. We want to continue that tradition.”

Of course the biggest question with Xavier is, can he adjust to high-major basketball? There’s no doubt that playing against schools like Erie, Skyline and Fort Morgan will not prepare anyone for college ball. Talton even admits to taking the occasional rest.
“There’s a couple of stretches where I get a little lazy and relax,” he said. “But I try not to do that too much. It’s definitely going to be a transition. I’m going to have to push myself more and consistently.”

Sterling currently sits at the top of the Denver Post 4A poll at 14-0. Against Erie on Tuesday night, Talton recorded 13 points, seven assists, five rebounds and three blocks. Lazy and relaxed. Yeah, right.
Don't be silly man. Cite your source. http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15226

For those who are local, Xavier will be playing Skyline of Longmont on Friday so it's a good chance to catch him play. I'll be there filming his game and will have some highlights up by Saturday morning on YouTube.

I believe this is the closest game he'll play to Denver for the rest of the year. Don't hold me to that though.

A prospect like this coming out of Sterling is a surprise. Have any of you guys been to Sterling? That place sucks

Compared to Limon, Sterling ****ing rocks. I had easter lunch with family in Sterling today and Xavier was there since he is dating my niece. Then we went back, he was pushing Alex on the swongs then the nieces and boyfriends changed at home (across the street form the school) and then we played basketball for awhile. It was the shorter rims for grades school kids so it was pretty funny with everyone dunking and screwing around. Really, really nice kid. Showd him som vids form the flight simulators so he is going to come visit once I am back in a month or two (yes, BCS, you get to visit too).

Thorburn on Talton.

I honestly don't expect to see much of him this year (he's the youngest of all of the freshmen and I think it might take him a RS year to really get things under control), but I think by his junior year we're going to be thrilled we landed him. I would call him the sleeper of the class, but I think Jenkins has stolen that title and is running away with it, but Talton's going to be a damn good player for us.

Back