What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 DC CB Kenneth Crawley (Signed to Colorado)

media

Congrats on the pickup of Crawley, did he get qualified for you guys? I know Tennessee dropped him b/c they were worried he wouldn't be eligible & we couldn't take the chance.

Crawley is a BEAST, I really liked him as a prospect for us. He killed it at the Chesapeake Bowl practices. Will def be a good one for you guys.

Recruit thread. See quote in the Island. (MOD POWER)

People got upset because the only reports we ever saw about academic concerns came from Tennessee board chatter after he de-committed.

We took it as slandering a kid to save face with a "we didn't want him anyway".

Tennessee def wanted Crawley there was no denying that at all. He was one of our best commits & we need CB's desperatley. The academic thing was b/c the SEC has certain requirements, thanks to Mike Slive. SMH.

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrespect or anything but now the SEC cares about grades? Ive never heard of that outside of Vandy but you would know better than I would.

No disrespect or anything but now the SEC cares about grades? Ive never heard of that outside of Vandy but you would know better than I would.

I would like an answer to that one too...the SEC has some great schools, but academics requirements for athletes? That is a new one on me.....

I would like an answer to that one too...the SEC has some great schools, but academics requirements for athletes? That is a new one on me.....

It was explained in another thread. He was referring to the SEC rule that eliminated over-signing. They can no longer take a few risks on qualifiers in a class like all the other conferences can. Ole Miss's abuses of the system deserve most of the blame for the over-reaction by the SEC commissioner.

It was explained in another thread. He was referring to the SEC rule that eliminated over-signing. They can no longer take a few risks on qualifiers in a class like all the other conferences can. Ole Miss's abuses of the system deserve most of the blame for the over-reaction by the SEC commissioner.
Again, I want to point out there was no evidence that there was any risk of him not qualifying and that this excuse, as you pointed out nik, was probably used by the coaches in order to lessen the sting of knowing they were losing or likely to lose a recruit

Back