What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Was this planned maybe?... I wonder if Yuri was a Buff commit this whole time. The "bored" comments were to throw people off and they wanted to hold back on Yuri so as not to scare off other CB commits?

Oh man, that new thread title looks sweet.

KC on one side, YW on the other. Get ready for pain, Pac 12!

Simply fantastic. Our defense just got much, much better. Wright and Crawley could start from day one.

Was this planned maybe?... I wonder if Yuri was a Buff commit this whole time. The "bored" comments were to throw people off and they wanted to hold back on Yuri so as not to scare off other CB commits?

If the staff wanted to plan something like this, I doubt they'd encourage him to say Boulder is boring. That would probably scare off more CB recruits than Yuri's commitment would.

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

If the staff wanted to plan something like this, I doubt they'd encourage him to say Boulder is boring. That would probably scare off more CB recruits than Yuri's commitment would.

Yeah, I was thinking that may have been Yuri's idea of keeping it a surprise. Regardless, this is a huge momentum boost one week before NSD. Come on down Jacobs and Rippy!!!

He was not committed earlier, he was a lean, but he was all over the place.

None of our DB's are worried about competing. They understand they have a top DB coach here and will get the coaching they need to reach their potential. Their goals are the league and thus, another good player is not something that is on their radar.

Welcome Yuri. This is a very good choice for you.

I know that we've gotten some great commits the last two days; but, let's not forget that we have guys on the team already who are pretty damned good. Henderson stepped up big time as (IMHO) the best player in our defensive backfield, often times when it was really just him on an island against a barrage of uber PAC 12 talent at QB and WR. If talent is any predictor of success, our nickel and dime packages will be LEGIT, especially since that may be a base D against most of our opponents.

I know that we've gotten some great commits the last two days; but, let's not forget that we have guys on the team already who are pretty damned good. Henderson stepped up big time as (IMHO) the best player in our defensive backfield, often times when it was really just him on an island against a barrage of uber PAC 12 talent at QB and WR. If talent is any predictor of success, our nickel and dime packages will be LEGIT, especially since that may be a base D against most of our opponents.
+1 Henderson is legit.

This secondary is gonna be scary. And you know they are gonna be coached up. Kenny and Yuri on the corners with Sharrard at FS is gonna be sweet! And De'Jon and Kisma coming off the edge. Can't wait for next year.

Welcome to the Family Yuri! Glad to have you!! I'm looking forward to some epic battles in practice with Yuri going against PRich!

I agree that in this conference you must have three to four very good corners and now we have them. Welcome to the Black & Gold Yuri.

Been following this for a while and am happy to see everything work out the way it did for us. With Kenneth and Yuri committing, it really takes a lot of pressure off of the defensive side of the ball. Now our offensive players can stay on offense and we can start building up some depth in our secondary.

Welcome Yuri!

Wow. Genrally I don't get worked up over one recruit committing or not committing, but it is hard not to be excited about the DB recruiting. Welcome Yuri.....

As others have mentined, CU is going from zero to sixty. Last year Embo and staff were pulling RB's, S's and WR's over to CB because everybody was injured and or suspended. Now we get Harrington, Bell back from IR, Henderson (who played outstanding last year) add in Crawley, Wright, Walker and maybe Mosley who could be a CB, S or WR and things are looking pretty sweet on the corners. Should be some intense competition for PT.

Polk, Washington, Smith are back at S, maybe Jermaine Clark or one of the CB's shift over and CU is loaded with players in the DB. Maybe even D.D. Goodsno gets another look, he played pretty well ther too for a guy who was practicing as a RB. I am pumped.

with a solid backfield that will alow our Dline and linebackers to do more........ and welcome to the Black & Gold Mr. Wright, GO BUFFS!!

Polk, Washington, Smith are back at S, maybe Jermaine Clark or one of the CB's shift over and CU is loaded with players in the DB. Maybe even D.D. Goodsno gets another look, he played pretty well ther too for a guy who was practicing as a RB. I am pumped.

Thought I heard Jermaine Clark was gonna be moved to LB

Back