What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

An Auburn friend of mine was giving me crap about Yuri on FB. He suggested maybe CU needs to get back to recruiting thugs again to be good. I reminded him that Auburn won the Fulmer cup in dramatic fashion and haven't heard from him since. Will send him the MHS article too.:thumbsup:
not trying to be mean, but a lot of your friends on fb really piss me off

An Auburn friend of mine was giving me crap about Yuri on FB. He suggested maybe CU needs to get back to recruiting thugs again to be good. I reminded him that Auburn won the Fulmer cup in dramatic fashion and haven't heard from him since. Will send him the MHS article too.:thumbsup:
now that's funny

Drew Soicher on 9news just got done doing more Yuri bashing - apparently for the second day in a row. He mentioned that he'd received emails complaining about his previous negativity toward Yuri coming to CU, and used the newscast today to pile on even more.

He definitely took jabs at CU by mentioning that it was not a "good place" for Yuri to get a second chance.

Drew Soicher should stick to his stupid Drew's Clues and shut the hell up.

That's why it is worthless to email these people - They just take it as encouragement

What's really effed up is that Soicher and Reilly are doing is railing on a kid. Yuri is 17 years old. And, CU is bad because we hope that we can help the kid get better in life and on the field. As a soon to be adult, Yuri will be presented with the opportunity to go down one of two paths... 1) He can bust his ass and become a first day draft choice as a top flight corner with a degree from one of US's best state universities; or, 2) he can flame out and find his way back home in NY.

One of the biggest advantages I see about many of our coaches is that they're able to offer a personal narrative about their experience at the University of Colorado. The coaches have become professionals in their chosen field of coaching and mentors to young men in large part because of the good things that happened to them in Boulder.

We are seeing inroads in recruiting already with our current staff. Yuri Wright is a prime example of that. Starting now, the choice is Yuri's alone to decide where he wants his life to go. Instead of ridiculing the kid for saying the kind of stuff that many of us have said before, we should be happy that he's chosen Boulder to be the place where he gets a fresh start. Unfortunately, faux indignation gets ratings and increases readership. It's too bad that these guys have chosen the low road to get a bump in ratings.

great point about the narrative and the authenticity that provides. makes their argument very compelling

Because a kid said some misguided things on Twitter, he shouldn't be allowed to play Division I football? I'm guessing LSU or Alabama or USC never took a kid that had done anything near what Yuri did.
I commend this kid for wanting to strike out on his own and come to a place far from home. I think he's found a coach in Embree who will let him be himself while also being a strong presence to shape him into a better young man.
F the haters, Yuri. Welcome.

Thanks for the link. That's nice to read, and I wish I could read the rest, but I'm not cool enough.

Summary of the teaser: Yuri manning up.

Summary of the rest: Yuri has liked CU for a year now, and instantly established a rapport with Embree and Brown the first time he met them, which is why he favored CU. Not because all the morally superior schools stopped recruiting him and CU was his only choice.

With the job involved in rebuilding this program Embree and the staff don't have time for problems, no matter how talented.

I am certain that Embree and Brown took a very close look at what kind of kid Yuri is. If they had any reason to believe that this issue was anything other than a youthful mistake and not reflective of the character of the young man they would have backed off.

On the other hand Drew Soicher would know about looking stupid on Twitter. If anyone should understand that a mistake can be made it should be him looking at the linked article but he would rather do the typical KUSA hammer CU without the facts acts

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/oo...r-hes-going-to-kdfw-then-takes-it-back_b35764

On the other hand reading Yuri's statement it looks a lot like he is genuinely sorry and embarrassed by what happened. The apology doesn't read like it was written by a lawyer, agent, or PR guy, it reads like an honest apology from a quality person. Until proven otherwise it should be taken as that.

With the job involved in rebuilding this program Embree and the staff don't have time for problems, no matter how talented.

I am certain that Embree and Brown took a very close look at what kind of kid Yuri is. If they had any reason to believe that this issue was anything other than a youthful mistake and not reflective of the character of the young man they would have backed off.

On the other hand Drew Soicher would know about looking stupid on Twitter. If anyone should understand that a mistake can be made it should be him looking at the linked article but he would rather do the typical KUSA hammer CU without the facts acts

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/oo...r-hes-going-to-kdfw-then-takes-it-back_b35764

On the other hand reading Yuri's statement it looks a lot like he is genuinely sorry and embarrassed by what happened. The apology doesn't read like it was written by a lawyer, agent, or PR guy, it reads like an honest apology from a quality person. Until proven otherwise it should be taken as that.

:rofl:

Great find...rep

Thanks for that. It was especially fun to read the comments on that page referring to Soicher as a d-bag.

The rest of that ESPN article or the new DC article ( http://www.buffzone.com/ci_19822837 ) proves that his "new" twitter is fake.

"Hopefully other people will learn from what happened to me and make smarter choices. My days with social media are over. I promise."
In the days since his expulsion, Wright closed his Twitter account. Several more accounts with his name have been started, but Wright has told CU coaches and others close to him that he is not using Twitter

Gotta love what he said about himself and about JE. I'll admit I was leaning towards him but had my reservations. However, I am definitely on his side now now. I hope we play Michigan during his tenure and he has 3 INTs (1 returned for a TD) and is MVP of the game.

let's forget about the twitter thing ! move on and welcome young BUFF!! You picked a great school with a program that will be turning around and by the end of your 4/5 years here we will be great again

let's forget about the twitter thing ! move on and welcome young BUFF!! You picked a great school with a program that will be turning around and by the end of your 4/5 years here we will be great again

agree, if Yuri went to a public school yhis would not even be a story.

What were P-Rich's tweets about last year when he was saying something about if shes excited then I'm invited or something like that. Nobody said anything bad about that, in fact it was kinda hilarious.

Drew Soicher should rent out space on his forehead, it has more surface area than most billboards. In fact, his forehead is so big given his receding hariline, he should rename it the eighthead, it's at least twice as big. That joke deserves a high nine...

Drew Soicher should rent out space on his forehead, it has more surface area than most billboards. In fact, his forehead is so big given his receding hariline, he should rename it the eighthead, it's at least twice as big. That joke deserves a high nine...
He's a seal ****er.

Back