What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TNFR QB Jordan Webb (Committed to Colorado)

No offense to the kid, but I would rather see if we can recruit a QB as opposed to getting another transfer. Unless the coaches are concerned about Wood, this doesn't make sense to me.

This young man reminds me of Cody Hawkins

This young man reminds me of Cody Hawkins

To be fair to both Cody and Webb, Cody was the prototypical backup quarterback. He was a catastrophe as a starter, but as a backup, he was perfect. My concern is that I'm not convinced Webb makes that great of a backup quarterback. He doesn't know the plays. He hasn't played with the team. He's going to have to learn the entire playbook in fall camp. Ideally, your backup is the guy who can come in and manage the team and run the offense when the starter goes down. Not a guy who is going to put the team on his shoulders and will them to victory. That's the starters job. Clearly, the coaches have very little confidence that Hirschman will be able to fulfill that role. That's more concerning to me than anything else.

If they are that,s not good,will go back and check them out,Webb's are that bad both years he played at Kansas,I would have liked C.U. to use the scholarship on a highschool player.

Are you bigbang's brother?

Webb had zero help at KU. No line and no WR.

If they are that,s not good,will go back and check them out,Webb's are that bad both years he played at Kansas,I would have liked C.U. to use the scholarship on a highschool player.

That is a fine position to hold. But he is a Buff now, so please watch personal attacks against the players.

Fine then he will be a great player at CU. Are you Webbs big brother?

Count me as someone who will be very concerned if Webb is the guy we need to count on to start for more than a couple games. But if Wood goes down with a concussion and is not cleared for most of the week leading up to game day (i.e, what occurred with Hansen leading up to ASU this past season), give me Webb over Hirschman.

This move does not have to excite you, but it is pretty hard to argue it is a terrible move given the current QB depth chart.

That is a fine position to hold. But he is a Buff now, so please watch personal attacks against the players.

Those are Webbs stats, how is that a personal attack.If comparing Webb to Cody was an attack forgive me.

Those are Webbs stats, how is that a personal attack.If comparing Webb to Cody was an attack forgive me.

You know we had to edit your comment on the front page article last night. Nothing you have posted since then has been a personal attack.

You know we had to edit your comment on the front page article last night. Nothing you have posted since then has been a personal attack.

Yes - I was referring to that - and trying to make sure you understand the rules

It is OK to disagree with the concensus on this issue, you know. The fact remains that we will have five quarterbacks on scholarship this Fall. None of which will be Seniors. For a position where you get one guy who plays probably 90% of the snaps in a given year, that's too many, IMO. You can't give each of them enough reps to develop their game properly.

Reading between the lines, this seems to be a direct result of Hirschman's recurring injury problems and/or ineffectiveness when put in game situations last year. The coaches don't trust him. I have concerns about whether we can trust Webb, though. He's never even seen the CU playbook. He's never thrown a pass to any of our receivers. He has a very high hill to climb just to get to a point where he could be an effective backup.

a6934897-8bd4-e96a.jpg

a6934897-8be5-b4dd.jpg

He has a huge hill to climb to unseat Schrock as back-up. Honestly I think Hirschman does too. From what i have been hearing it sounds like Schrock has been tearing it up when he has the chance to play with the 1's. Hirschman has shown me little to this point that would make me think he can take the reins. I expect to see a transfer situation or a position move for some of the QB's on our roster very soon. We have way too many as is, however I am glad they picked up Webb. He is a D1 level athlete. Now is he a BCS level athlete? I am not sure yet, but I cannot fault embo for adding some depth at a position of concern.

I saw all of Mr. Webb's home games in 2010. Pretty accurate passer. strong arm. Obviously undersized, but with a solid o-line he could make the throw in time. WR corps didnt help him out at all. lots of drops hitting guys in the chest, or Rb's dropping passes in the flats. Sorta looks ****y when he makes the throws down field that he does, which are not always the smartest throws. A&m was the best team I saw him play, maybe Okie light, but once again, the rest of the team was severely outmatched. He's a smart kid, so if he does grasp the playbook early enough, Im fine with a backup role. bit more game experience then shrock or hirschmann

The coaches know the scholarship count, they also know the QB situation very well. I do not see Webb as a trade off for a HS scholarship. CU is still going to recruit one QB for the 2013 but don't expect them to contribute until the 2014 season at the earliest.

Having a lot of QBs is not the same as having the position solidly filled. Wood seems to the fan favorite but behind him we have Hirschman who is injured and did not seem all that ready last year to play.

Webb has over a 1000 snaps at QB at the BCS level and has thrown almost 500 passes. I will take game experience over knowing the playbook any day of the week. I think this is a huge boost for CU just because it really gives the team experienced depth - something that is missing right now. How many times have you seen even good teams struggle because of the backup being inexperienced? I remember when Okie State played CU with a backup...they went most of the first half without a first down and were down 11 points at the half.

I'm ecstatic about Webb! I don't know whether or not he'll be our starter, but I think his film shows us the baseline for our starting QB; i.e. I expect our starter's performance to match or exceed Webb's showcased ability at the collegiate level.

I think he was pretty under-rated given how bad their OLine held up in protection. He's proved durable and tough as nails for sure.

I am very comfortable that he is a middle-of-the-PAC QB from day 1 and that Rip can coach him up to higher. There may be guys with more potential on the roster, but Embree wants to bowl this year and you don't win with potential.

I was hoping to hear something of another graduate transfer (esp at DL or WR) but it seems late in the process for that. Logan Gray's profile popped up here in March of last year

I didn't reaize he has 2 years of eligibility remaining. That is good.

I think he was pretty under-rated given how bad their OLine held up in protection. He's proved durable and tough as nails for sure.

I am very comfortable that he is a middle-of-the-PAC QB from day 1 and that Rip can coach him up to higher. There may be guys with more potential on the roster, but Embree wants to bowl this year and you don't win with potential.

Excited to have him on board. If he is viewed as a middle-of-the-PAC QB from day one, then I hope he starts.

Welcome Jordan!

Good news IMO. Hirsch has shown some flashes but has been injured. The fact they had Schrock warming up at times instead of Hirsch says a lot. Hirsch also got the hook v. ASU pretty fast when TH had a concussion. Embo also lamented not having TH for another year... not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Dorman hasn't been heard from...and apparently Wood didn't overwhelm in Spring ball. Schrock, while there have been some good reports, is still a WO with no game experience. Webb may not be a world beater, but I love the idea of somebody who has played a lot of D1 BCS caliber ball coming in to compete. I would not be surprised if he ended up with the job....

Webb is a known commodity. He is a below average qb who started for a very bad team. He also was told that he would not be starting anymore for that bad team.

With that said, the problem isn't Webb, it's the other scholly qbs we have. One of them should be able to beat out Webb. If Webb starts after just setting foot on campus in July, it says more about our coaches ability to recruit qbs than anything else.

Tyler would be a senior if HWSNBN hadn't burned his redshirts. Not having Tyler does hurt us, because he'd be a senior with a full year in the new system. And he's NFL caliber, so no dissing his talent.

Our QBs, particularly Webb, Dillon and Wood have the raw talent, but it does make a difference having experience in a system. I think Wood has the upper hand cuz he's been here the longest. Glad to see Schrock keeping on the pressure...I like everything I've read about that kid.

Webb is a known commodity. He is a below average qb who started for a very bad team. He also was told that he would not be starting anymore for that bad team.

With that said, the problem isn't Webb, it's the other scholly qbs we have. One of them should be able to beat out Webb. If Webb starts after just setting foot on campus in July, it says more about our coaches ability to recruit qbs than anything else.
Well he's played in 21 D1 games and completed 60.6% of his passes with a 6.2 ypa. His INT/TD ratio is exactly one to one, which is a little concerning, but he left KU not because he wasn't necessarily the best QB...maybe that is true and maybe it isn't. I am inclined to think it is more because he wasn't a QB Fat Charlie picked. There was a coaching change and coaching changes inevitable lead to QB attrition, more so than any other postion.

By comparison, TH was 56% last year with a 7.0 ypa. His TD to INT ratio was better (20/11), and the coaches would have loved to have had him back. Webb's numbers aren't that much differnt. He will be in the mix because of his skill set, not just because the other QB's aren't up to snuff....

Back