What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX OT Jeromy Irwin (Signed to Colorado)

Ann Henry,

Would you mind sharing a bit about what the recruiting process is like from your perspective? The phone calls, visits, distractions, mail, etc. I think the members here would really enjoy hearing a first-hand account from a parent. Also, is there anything you guys have done to set boundaries, keep things grounded & somewhat normal, put any decision / visit plans in place, etc.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing all that, it's cool. We'd love to hear, though.

Also, try to get Jeromy and Sean to put some game film up on YouTube that we can see. :smile:

Best of luck with the whole process. Got to be weird to think of all 3 boys going off to college soon. My son's just entering pre-school next year and I'm feeling the separation anxiety. :lol:

As a parent of 26 and 32 year-olds, I can say that you get used to, and even look forward to some separation... :wave:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1073313.html

Colorado coach called last night to tell me although they offered almost twenty kids at OL they will hold a scholarship if I am interested they want to sign 6 ol this signing day. I'm looking for a team that will not only be a good football school but a good education so I will have something after football.

Hopefully the Irwin boys are ready to pull the trigger. Dominos are going to start falling on the OL and at TE in the next month.

The staff must be really high on them if they're going to save scholarships for them. Would be nice to get us some Texans.

He and his brother both picked up offers from Boise St. and Rice (hometown school). Hopefully were still in the lead.

Remember I have another one also, about $350.00 a week, but bill going up now as school comes to an end and they are home for the summer. Will be glad when someone else has to feed them soon!!!

The good news is we have an excellent training table!

Ann Henry,

Would you mind sharing a bit about what the recruiting process is like from your perspective? The phone calls, visits, distractions, mail, etc. I think the members here would really enjoy hearing a first-hand account from a parent. Also, is there anything you guys have done to set boundaries, keep things grounded & somewhat normal, put any decision / visit plans in place, etc.

If you don't feel comfortable sharing all that, it's cool. We'd love to hear, though.

Also, try to get Jeromy and Sean to put some game film up on YouTube that we can see. :smile:

Best of luck with the whole process. Got to be weird to think of all 3 boys going off to college soon. My son's just entering pre-school next year and I'm feeling the separation anxiety. :lol:

There are no phone calls allowed yet to the boys, coaches may leave phone numbers for the boys to contact them at their discretion. Any quotes you see made are the boys talking to the coaches by choice. Mail is unbelieveable each day. Letters from all over the country, invitation to camps etc. I posted a website that had some film of each of the boys, if not you can look on my facebook for the link under Ann McClelland Henry.

We never heavily marketed the boys with paid for recruitors etc. We believed they would find a school that truly wanted them there to play without having to market them like a product. It would be nice for them to play close to home so that we could watch them play, Colorado is a nice drive from Houston, but that choice is ultimately up to the boys and what THEY want. There were alot of coaches that came to their spring practices along with two visits from your coaches at CU. I really like Coach McGhee and talk to him on occasion. The boys look forward to an official visit, they have never to Colorado and I'm sure will enjoy the beautiful scenery.

I don't really look forward to the day that we will be able to receive calls, going to be crazy and really hard on the boys. They want to make a decision soon so that we can plan accordingly. They also have offers from Louisville, Rice and Boise State and possibly Utah.

I was told when the boys were in 7th grade what great athletes they were and that they would have a bright future, I didn't believe it then but now, he was so right. They are great kids and truly blessed!! Just wish I could squeeze the third triplet in also!!!

I am expecting the Irwin bros to commit here after the season starts. Anyone got any info on them?

The Irwin boys would be very solid additions to this class. Two players we can count on to be productive at CU. The ceilings on them are a bit higher than most people think, too.

Funny how Hawk always talked about getting "the right kind of kids, blah, blah, blah." and now that he is gone I look at kids like the Irwins, Jeffrey Thomas, Walker Williams, and a bunch of the others we are in on and I see quality kids and families without the BS we got from Hawk.

Yes, the boys are scheduled to come up to CU on October 1st and attend the game etc and come back to Houston on Sunday. They are really excited about coming up and I can tell you that we already predict that we are going to be a "Buff" family soon. Been already looking at the shirts etc. Both boys have been working extremely hard all summer working out are and ready to kick some butts this last year of high school. Sean participated in the 7 on 7 competition this summer and had some AWESOME catches. He is really developing a great pair of hands. Just thought yall might enjoy an update!!! No other official visits are scheduled except CU as of this date. School starts on 8/22/11.

Yes, the boys are scheduled to come up to CU on October 1st and attend the game etc and come back to Houston on Sunday. They are really excited about coming up and I can tell you that we already predict that we are going to be a "Buff" family soon. Been already looking at the shirts etc. Both boys have been working extremely hard all summer working out are and ready to kick some butts this last year of high school. Sean participated in the 7 on 7 competition this summer and had some AWESOME catches. He is really developing a great pair of hands. Just thought yall might enjoy an update!!! No other official visits are scheduled except CU as of this date. School starts on 8/22/11.

What wonderful news to start the weekend. As always, much appreciated!

Yes, getting almost 10 to 15 letters a day, boys have a few more offers but it looks like CU is still the place they want to be. I also keep in touch in Kanavis often and we have scheduled an official visit 10/1 to get the boys up there. We are looking forward to getting them committed and knowing where they will be going after senior year. It's been so hot down here I wish I could come up there and enjoy some nice dry weather. I must admit if they do go to Colorado I will look forward to re-visiting your beautiful state.

Yes, getting almost 10 to 15 letters a day, boys have a few more offers but it looks like CU is still the place they want to be. I also keep in touch in Kanavis often and we have scheduled an official visit 10/1 to get the boys up there. We are looking forward to getting them committed and knowing where they will be going after senior year. It's been so hot down here I wish I could come up there and enjoy some nice dry weather. I must admit if they do go to Colorado I will look forward to re-visiting your beautiful state.

Early October in Colorado = Beautiful. Very good time to take a vacation. Smartly done. :thumbsup:

Welcome back Ann Henry. Nice to hear that the guys are working hard and doing well. You'll love the front range that time of year.

Thanks, Ann. Really appreciate the updates.

We've got one of Jeff Thomas's family members on the board and had gotten a report from that 7on7 that Sean looked really good.

Please let us know if you have any questions about visiting Boulder and definitely keep us updated on how the boys' senior year is going.

From one Texan to another I can honestly say your kids would love it here. They'll have the full college experience. Great town, great football a great education and great people.

Scoop!! :smile2:

Love the enthusiasm, I think your sons would love it here if this is where they decide to call home.

Ann Henry, don't know if this was asked before or not but are the boys related to the golfer Hale Irwin. If you aren't familiar with him he was a two-time all conference player at CU in football and an academic all-America, graduated in 1967 after winning the NCAA golf championship. Went on to win 20 tournaments on the tour. He is also the uncle of Heath Irwin who played football at CU before playing a few years in the NFL.

Thanks for the update Ann Henry. Really looking forward to watching the Irwin boys tear it up in the Pac-12.

Thanks Ann Henry. 2-a-days is brutal is Houston, but this year is going to be brutal. Best of luck in the coming season!

Yup. Big time need at both positions. Both will play early if they show up ready.

Back