What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX RB Benjamin Catalon (Signed to TCU)

Seriously though, this one blows :)smile2:). Kind of disappointing to know that we're a backup plan for a place like TCU. Stupid Gary Patterson and his winning ways.

Good luck to BJ. I do think he committed too early but he stresses that CU knew if TCU offered, this would go down. OK. That being said, I think it will only take a few games into the season of watching Stewart and Jones before another HB will jump quickly at playing here in this system.

Oh that must be why it says "verbal to TCU" next to his name and why everyone is talking about him going to TCU. Now it all makes sense.

STFU. He made it clear to me now. I thought he just said something to TCU, you know a verbal statement. Didn't know he was actually planning on playing for them.

A normal teenager. Good luck to him.

Yep. Too bad really, but my guess is our staff "steals" a verbal or two this recruiting class, so it is hard to get too mad about a decommitment in May.

Sucks to lose him though. He would have instantly upgraded our team speed on offense.

Committment means nothing. I really have a problem with these kids. Someone should tell them that their "word" should mean something. If they aren't ready to pull the trigger, they shouldn't committ. I wouldn't hire one of these guys if I knew this was in their past. The "typical teenager" excuse wreaks of lazy unaccountable entitlement. Let's go find someone else. Enjoy Ft. Worth, Benjamin.

Committment means nothing. I really have a problem with these kids. Someone should tell them that their "word" should mean something. If they aren't ready to pull the trigger, they shouldn't committ. I wouldn't hire one of these guys if I knew this was in their past. The "typical teenager" excuse wreaks of lazy unaccountable entitlement. Let's go find someone else. Enjoy Ft. Worth, Benjamin.

I don't know about that. Maybe some guys feel like if they don't commit right now that offer won't be there forever and so they don't want to left in limbo. Plus, can't really fault somebody for wanting to stay close to home. So, I don't know, I wouldn't be that harsh. At least this wasn't done like a week before signing day or something like that.

Apparently, he told CU the deal. "I'm yours unless TCU offers"... So I aint mad, just annoyed :lol:. At least he was honest upfront.

Apparently, he told CU the deal. "I'm yours unless TCU offers"... So I aint mad, just annoyed :lol:. At least he was honest upfront.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that part of it. If EB thought he was good enough for an offer, I'm sure he knew the kid would eventually gain several offers from Texas schools. I don't think this staff would accept a verbal commitment with that condition attached. Could be wrong, but it doesn't follow this staff's M.O. IMO.

Do we all have to be snarky a-holes ?

What about me? I think I was the snarkiest! In reading my post, it is clear that the more "Republican" I become, the more grumpy and cynical I am. If this truly was a contingent offer on young Mr. Catalon's part (e.g. I will reneg on my committment only if TCU offers) then I respectfully withdraw my statement above. That said, Ben . . . .my young brother . . . . Ft. Worth v. Boulder? No contest, man.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that part of it. If EB thought he was good enough for an offer, I'm sure he knew the kid would eventually gain several offers from Texas schools. I don't think this staff would accept a verbal commitment with that condition attached. Could be wrong, but it doesn't follow this staff's M.O. IMO.

CU and the coaches have no capacity to "accept" any commitment at this time. All we hear about is from the kids, their families, and their HS coaches. We never heard from any CU coach that they had "accepted BJ's commitment".

If a kid really loves CU and says "I plan on attending CU" then that is what will pass for gospel until he decides he likes another school more, or he finds out that the coaches don't have room for him, etc. Until the LOI is in the office and accepted it is all just talk.

CU and the coaches have no capacity to "accept" any commitment at this time. All we hear about is from the kids, their families, and their HS coaches. We never heard from any CU coach that they had "accepted BJ's commitment".

If a kid really loves CU and says "I plan on attending CU" then that is what will pass for gospel until he decides he likes another school more, or he finds out that the coaches don't have room for him, etc. Until the LOI is in the office and accepted it is all just talk.

Obviously that would be a recruiting violation. My point is that I doubt it went down the way Catalon describes it. Regardless, good luck to BJ.

Back