What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX RB Terrence Crowder (Signed to Colorado)

I will be disappointed if this class is outside of the top 30.

I just went and looked at the top 40 classes from last year. I see what you and Boulder mean. When you start getting outside of 30 the talent/stars start really falling off. Top 30 or bust I guess. It's doesn't look like that daunting of a task judging by last year. Louisville at 29 UVA at 25 KU at 34 put me over the top.

247 has a top five for RB list for Texas. Crowder is #6 (honorable mention)and the the scout said he would not be surprised if Crowder moved up the list. The list was made many months ago so I feel good about this one. He looks like a beast on film also.

I've never heard of 247, but I can't find any link that says that Crowder is 6 in Texas. The only link says that he is a player "of note" but other listed players of note include very average RBs (FYI, none of which have any BCS offers).

To say that any recruiting service (247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN) has this guy anywhere close to the top in Texas is simply a stretch of the article. http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Top-RBs-for-2012-9781. A comment by the staff that Crowder may be "moving up" on Texas' radar means nothing more than that.:bang:

I just went and looked at the top 40 classes from last year. I see what you and Boulder mean. When you start getting outside of 30 the talent/stars start really falling off. Top 30 or bust I guess. It's doesn't look like that daunting of a task judging by last year. Louisville at 29 UVA at 25 KU at 34 put me over the top.

Yeah, it looks like anywhere in the 20-30 range is pretty attainable. It'll probably take a half dozen or so 4 star kids, with the remainder of the class 3 stars, to put together a top-20 class. Before Baylis and Callahan committed elsewhere, I would have said that was pretty likely. Now, I'm not so sure. The first one is already committed in Dillon, but after that, I would say Thurston and Cope-Fitzpatrick are the only two who may be close to committing. After that, who? Wright, Reid, Shumate, Powe? Hopefully, the Buffs can get a few guys in on OV's and really make up some ground!

Bottom line, what does it really matter how he is rated. What matters is how he plays.

I'm guessing that EB has just a little bit of an idea what makes the difference between a running back that can play and a running back that can't. Ultimately his job will ride on these decisions. Does that mean that recruiting rankings are useless, of course not. In general a lot more 4* and 5* guys are going to end up as starters and earn honors that 2* guys on a percentage basis. That said there are huge numbers of examples where the recruting services missed, for whatever reason. We have plenty of prime examples with the Buffs. Who should have been the 5* and who the 2* Darrel Scott or Rodney Stewart, Bobby Purify or Marcus Houston.

If EB thinks that Terrance Crowder is worthy of a schollie then I am willing to go with that until I am proven wrong.

If he doesn't work out I will be here where everyone can tell me that I was full of it but at the same time I would rather see all these critics come back and admit that this guy actually was pretty good.

I've never heard of 247, but I can't find any link that says that Crowder is 6 in Texas. The only link says that he is a player "of note" but other listed players of note include very average RBs (FYI, none of which have any BCS offers).

To say that any recruiting service (247, Rivals, Scout, ESPN) has this guy anywhere close to the top in Texas is simply a stretch of the article. http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Top-RBs-for-2012-9781. A comment by the staff that Crowder may be "moving up" on Texas' radar means nothing more than that.:bang:

247Sports is a new premium site this year that was launched by some of the Rivals founders once their non-compete expired. They've been able to poach a number of the best team site publishers and scouts.

The problem, unfortunately, is that while EB might think this guy is worthy and with work could make it, he might have come to that conclusion because his Plan A guys are not sending the right signals that they'll become Buffs. That's the balancing act that EB and other staff have to take; go after the top guys, but be ready to move, especially before your competition, to pick up the second tier kids if your favorites don't have you as their favorite.

247Sports is a new premium site this year that was launched by some of the Rivals founders once their non-compete expired. They've been able to poach a number of the best team site publishers and scouts.
I don't think we need another scouting service. Things are already bad enough with what we've got right now. No?

I don't think we need another scouting service. Things are already bad enough with what we've got right now. No?

I don't really think there's room for another one. But, hell, even "The Ringer" site came back and is trying to make it as another independent.

Really, though, they are all living on borrowed time. If and when ESPN decides to make a full commitment to recruiting coverage they will pretty much collapse the business model of charging people $80-$100 bucks a year for this info.

I don't really think there's room for another one. But, hell, even "The Ringer" site came back and is trying to make it as another independent.

Really, though, they are all living on borrowed time. If and when ESPN decides to make a full commitment to recruiting coverage they will pretty much collapse the business model of charging people $80-$100 bucks a year for this info.
Crabtree is at ESPN now right? When do you see this happening?

Crabtree is at ESPN now right? When do you see this happening?

I actually think that ESPNU is what determines it along with ESPN Gameplan. The more they're raking in the dollars from in-season advertising, the more they'll look to expand that season by doing more with spring ball and summer camps... but especially with recruiting. I give it 5 years. ESPN has invested way too much money into college athletics, particularly football, not to go balls out with it.

I actually think that ESPNU is what determines it along with ESPN Gameplan. The more they're raking in the dollars from in-season advertising, the more they'll look to expand that season by doing more with spring ball and summer camps... but especially with recruiting. I give it 5 years. ESPN has invested way too much money into college athletics, particularly football, not to go balls out with it.

They need to step up their recruiting rankings then, way too much bias in their rankings (I know that Scout and Rivals have biases as well).

This is simple math. They have five guys rated and three "backs of note". The same guy who wrote the artical (that you refer to as staff)says "there is a decent chance Crowder moves up this list". What is so hard to figure out? These are the best backs in Texas. Not one area. If you make honorable mention you're getting it done. As usual you went back to the offer list. I'm sick of reading the same comments from you over and over. I bet you don't even have to touch your keyboard. It already knows what you are about to type.

If EB likes what he sees than so do I. Its not very smart to be this critical of a kid when it looks like he is leaning towards CU or about to commit and I'll leave it at that.

AZ got a link from Crowder yesterday for a longer highlight tape, not sure this falls under premium info since it's youtube, but uh yeah delete it you think it violates anything nik

[video=youtube;fD3x_Ocfsis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3x_Ocfsis[/video]

I'm excited to have him. My favorite kind of RB has always been this type of guy. Hard nosed runner that lowers his head and runs people over.

Welcome Terrence!

Nice to see a new recruit coming on board. Hopefully we see some additional commits from the elite camp and momentum builds. Welcome aboard Mr. Crowder!

The UTSA fan site had some pretty good info: http://www.utsatailgaters.com/football/articles/utsa-offers-galena-park-rb*

Crowder measures in at a legit 5'10" 210lbs. He is built solid and with one look at him, you might think he's not the fastest, that's where you'd be wrong. Recently he's been timed in practice trials running as fast as a 4.47, 4.48 and consistently running in that 4.47-4.52 area. Take a glimpse at his highlight tape and you'll see one constant given, it's rare that the first defender brings him down. His nimbleness, agility and ability to break tackles is some of the best we've seen and Head Coach Ray Zepeda agrees, "Terrence is uniquely qualified to not only be a college football player, but a college student. He's maintained a very high core gpa, it's very rare that he makes lower than a "B" in any class. He's a very high character guy, doesn't cause any problems and is a hard worker. On the field he's a big strong back, unique ability to shed tackles, and there aren't too many big backs with his size that have his speed."

Crowder heads into his Senior year after having a 1st Team Unanimous 19-4A All District Junior season. He rushed 193 times for 1338 yards and 15 touchdowns. He benches over 300lbs and squats over 500.

*Credit to BuffInVA for finding this article

AZ got a link from Crowder yesterday for a longer highlight tape, not sure this falls under premium info since it's youtube, but uh yeah delete it you think it violates anything nik

[video=youtube;fD3x_Ocfsis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3x_Ocfsis[/video]

I'm excited to have him. My favorite kind of RB has always been this type of guy. Hard nosed runner that lowers his head and runs people over.

Welcome Terrence!

Hard nosed up the middle but once they bounce him outside, he uses his wheels and pretty much outruns everyone. Running people over or running past them. Love that he drops his pads before contact. He looks like a good pick up for us. I am excited to have him.

Great choice Mr. Crowder! Welcome to the family and I can't wait to see you play.

We've had some pretty decent luck with guys named Crowder around these parts. I'm excited to see what this kid can do. Welcome, TC!

Now that he is commited and on at least Rivals radar where do we see him being ranked? Will he be evaluated before the football season or will they wait until after? Right now I see him as a solid 3 star prospect but if he keeps improving i could see him as a 4* by the end of his senior year.

I think he should be a no stars prospect, nobody around here seems to value ratings anyway. :lol:
I like what I see on film of this kid and am happy to see him join the Buffs. He looks like he could be very good.

Back