What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX TE Vincent Hobbs (Signed to Colorado)

Hobbs is visiting this weekend. His coach says he has the best hands of any player he has ever coached and he has 9 former players currently playing in the FBS.

Last edited:
Hobbs is visiting this weekend. His coach says he has the best hands of any player he has ever coached and he has 9 former players currently playing in the FBS.

I suppose that's good feedback. Were any of those players WRs or TEs? We're not talking about 9 O-Line guys are we? :lol:

I know some folks have said they think he's pretty raw...according to his coach he's only been playing TE for this year, so hopefully he has a lot of room to grow.

It did look a lot better. The hard part about hs highlights is when they are dated. Hudl normally has the most up to date stuff.

Hands looked good on senior video and he's much more fluid in routes.

It did look a lot better. The hard part about hs highlights is when they are dated. Hudl normally has the most up to date stuff.

Hands looked good on senior video and he's much more fluid in routes.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:

YEAH! Welcome ot the Black and Gold! Will you be the next great TE under JE's reign?

Gotta love getting some big kids that can run on our team. Special teams should improve this year as well!

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:

YEAH! Welcome ot the Black and Gold! Will you be the next great TE under JE's reign?

Gotta love getting some big kids that can run on our team. Special teams should improve this year as well!

I think the biggest immediate impact we'll see from this class is on special teams.

I'm always glad to see kids want to play for CU, so welcome aboard Vincent Hobbs.

Generic question out there to anyone who wants to answer - feel free to be condescending in your response if you want, which I'm sure with this crowd and this question, may happen. With limited scholarships available, why take a third TE that isn't really an impact player? I'm not saying he can't develop into a great player, but he isn't right now...not a lot of HS kids are of course. However, we don't have any LBs in the class, and we have 2 OL (I understand that some of our Dlinemen will probably switch).

I'm always glad to see kids want to play for CU, so welcome aboard Vincent Hobbs.

Generic question out there to anyone who wants to answer - feel free to be condescending in your response if you want, which I'm sure with this crowd and this question, may happen. With limited scholarships available, why take a third TE that isn't really an impact player? I'm not saying he can't develop into a great player, but he isn't right now...not a lot of HS kids are of course. However, we don't have any LBs in the class, and we have 2 OL (I understand that some of our Dlinemen will probably switch).

We needed TEs and always wanted 3 in this class. Hobbs has exceptional hands and moves well. He definitely needs work on techniques, especially with his hand on the ground. This was a need and we filled it with a guy who has a high ceiling. He could very well be an impact player for the program. There aren't many guys who are going to do that as true freshmen, though.

Regarding LB and OT, they simply weren't urgent needs in this class. Due to some position switches and the existing depth chart, these were not positions of focus. We still may take a LB if Jacobs commits.

If we want to continue with this discussion, it needs to go in another thread.

There is good reason to be excited about Hobbs.

I think it was a fair question because he seems more like a project than an immediate help. The AD needs to start shipping some corn-fed beef down to this kid's mama fast-like! Bottom line we need 3 TE's and you'd rather take a guy with a high ceiling than a guy with a limited one... Good Pickup!

Awesome, think we can still get the USC commit kid, Fitzgerald or something?

Welcome to the BuffNation!!!

Awesome, think we can still get the USC commit kid, Fitzgerald or something?

Welcome to the BuffNation!!!

Cope-Fitzgerald is solid with USC. Glad to have Hobbs. He's a natural and will develop into a nice TE with good coaching from the CU staff.

:woot:

The NFL is going top heavy on tight ends. What better place to be than CU if you have aspirations as a TE. Welcome Mr. Hobbs!:thumbsup:

Glad to have him, looks like a big upside. If anyone would know about TEs its Embree.

nick mentioned earlier that Texas didn't offer, also that ASU and Baylor were sniffing around. Did they offer? If not he will be one of the few guys in the entire class who doesn't have another AQ offer.

Interesting how short of the corners and Dillon we may not have a lot of star power but top to bottom this class looks like solid BCS level athletes, all of whom have a legitimate chance to be solid contributers. Despite the lack of big offers I think Hobbs fits that description.

Back