What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX TE Vincent Hobbs (Signed to Colorado)

Same thing reported in the BDC:

Speeding up
Embree said early reports from players from summer conditioning and running sessions have focused the impressive speed and physical ability of tight end Vincent Hobbs from Mesquite, Texas.

Embree is not allowed to watch his players workout in the summer but its common practice for veteran players to share their impressions with coaches in casual conversations.

When Embree signed the 2012 class, he said one of the areas he believes the group will help the program most is in improving the overall team speed. Hobbs, who is 6-4 and 250 pounds, apparently is not disappointing there.
[Mod add] http://www.buffzone.com/football/ci_20807918/cu-buffs-jon-embree-expects-wr-prospect-grayshirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought i read that Hobbs was 6'6" but we are going to have some big ass TE and OL in a few years.

No stalker (showed up on my wall):

543654_3719310793087_2128120373_n.jpg

That's a pretty awful number for a big TE. Call me old school, but I love seeing the big TE's in the 80's jersey (81, 82, 86) . Let the WRs, QBs and RBs take the small numbers! I'd save 89 for the best emerging TE out of these classes in a couple years.

That's a pretty awful number for a big TE. Call me old school, but I love seeing the big TE's in the 80's jersey (81, 82, 86) . Let the WRs, QBs and RBs take the small numbers! I'd save 89 for the best emerging TE out of these classes in a couple years.

He'll be our "move" TE and be in the slot or backfield a lot.

250 pound move TE is pretty scary! I'd settle for a number in the 40s before the teens for any TE though!

250 pound move TE is pretty scary! I'd settle for a number in the 40s before the teens for any TE though!

I agree with you, actually. I don't care much about jersey numbers, but in my mind offense is like this:

1-9 = WRs
10-19 = QBs
20-29 = RBs (and sometimes slot WRs)
30-39 = RBs
40-49 = FBs (and sometimes TEs)
50-59 = Cs
60-69 = Gs
70-79 = Ts
80-89 = WRs and TEs
90-99 = not used

Agreed for the most part. I'm cool with the bigger running backs wearing a 40 number (Purify). Not Josh Ford.

There were a couple jersey number errors I remember lately. It always throws me off when I'd see Fernandez wearing #99 in the backfield. Get Major a 40 or 50 number please. I also don't like Derrick Webb wearing #1. The only LB that could wear #1 was Lavarr Arrington and Webb isn't there yet.

EDIT: My bad. Lavar wore 11. More proof that NO LB should wear #1.

Last edited:
What really bothers me is when we use the same number for different guys on offense and defense. My first recollection of this was from the Trick Ricky days, but I could easily be mistaken.

In general, I like Nik's list and wish more teams followed it.

What really bothers me is when we use the same number for different guys on offense and defense. My first recollection of this was from the Trick Ricky days, but I could easily be mistaken.

In general, I like Nik's list and wish more teams followed it.

Over 100 scholarship players + walkons and only 100 numbers.

Not much you can do about having repeats in college football. There were probably more in the old days before scholarship reductions.

Damn you guys worry about numbers too much.

Numbers are big. Especially to the players. I wore the same number 23 from the time I was 9 to 21. Some guys tattoo their numbers which is insane, but it is a big deal for sure. As a fan, I just appreciate it when a team has general structure to their numbers. The only acceptable caveat to me is for the best players on a team. I'm OK with Rippy wearing number 3.

Numbers are big. Especially to the players. I wore the same number 23 from the time I was 9 to 21. Some guys tattoo their numbers which is insane, but it is a big deal for sure. As a fan, I just appreciate it when a team has general structure to their numbers. The only acceptable caveat to me is for the best players on a team. I'm OK with Rippy wearing number 3.
No I was talking about numbers by position

Back