What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX TE Vincent Hobbs (Signed to Colorado)

Looked at the tape and i am impressed. looks like he loves to block!! great get

Welcome to colorado.

hey where is the logo skiddy?

I'd say kids got huge upside potential just given his physical attributes. I have written before at AB how important I think the TE position is and that JE should be able to recruit top talent given his background and emphasis on TE in our offense.

Everyone who has watched any NFL games this year knows what the Patriots Gronkowski has been able to do to the league. Know what his stats are? 6'6" (ok 2" taller); 265 'lbs; and runs a 4.63 40 according to his Pro-Day Workout a few years ago (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/gronkowski-pro-day-workout-results-150076.html)

I believe if there is any position on the team that could exceed expectations if they have raw physical attributes is TE given the system we are implementing and the attention JE, et. all will place on training em up.

Thanks for bringing up Rob Gronkowski in this thread. It fits so perfectly.

:lol:

I think a good comparison for everyone is Chris Cooley, who Embree had with the Redskins. 6'3", 255lbs, ran a 4.8 forty pre-draft out of Utah State, and has excellent mitts with impressive short area quickness (4.19 shuttle).

That's the upside potential as far as what type of player Hobbs could end up being.

Thanks for bringing up Rob Gronkowski in this thread. It fits so perfectly.
My point is raw physical assets aren't that much different. I didn't say he is as good, or will be as good. But he has the raw tools to be an awesome TE with a HC like Embree who will likely pay extra attention to this position and has to be way up there in terms of ability to develop NFL-caliber TEs.

My point is raw physical assets aren't that much different. I didn't say he is as good, or will be as good. But he has the raw tools to be an awesome TE with a HC like Embree who will likely pay extra attention to this position and has to be way up there in terms of ability to develop NFL-caliber TEs.

Gronkowski is about 3 inches taller and 35 pounds heavier. They could not be any more different in my eyes. He is the prototype NFL tight end that can stay on the field all three down if need be.

I will trust the staff on Hobbs. Hopefully we find a couple players out of the three TEs in this class.

I think they're quite different as TEs in the style comparison. Among our recruits, I think Austin Ray is more of the Gronkowski/Witten type of player. As I posted, Hobbs looks much more like a Cooley type to me who can play the slot and do some H-back stuff. I see him in our "move" TE role.

Irwin reminds me a bit of Kevin Boss. Kind of a do-everything guy who is a big target and can block.

Rob Gronkowski weighed only 232 lbs coming out of HS and ran a 4.8 40. Hobbs already weighs a bit more (reported between 235 and 240) and runs a 4.65 40. So coming out of HS except for being 2 inches shorter he had similar if not even better raw physical attributes (not talking about polish as a TE).

Regardless some of you are exaggerating my point. Some ABers have criticized Hobbs indicating he is not big enough, etc. and my point is he is thicker than Gronkowski was coming out of HS and apparently faster too. I am not saying he is Gronkowski, I am saying he has raw physical attributes that could help him develop into a great TE especially with JE at the helm.

Rob Gronkowski weighed only 232 lbs coming out of HS and ran a 4.8 40. Hobbs already weighs a bit more (reported between 235 and 240) and runs a 4.65 40. So coming out of HS except for being 2 inches shorter he had similar if not even better raw physical attributes (not talking about polish as a TE).

Regardless some of you are exaggerating my point. Some ABers have criticized Hobbs indicating he is not big enough, etc. and my point is he is thicker than Gronkowski was coming out of HS and apparently faster too. I am not saying he is Gronkowski, I am saying he has raw physical attributes that could help him develop into a great TE especially with JE at the helm.
I see no reason to bring race into the discussion. His physical attributes will allow him to excel! Welcome Mr. Hobbs!

I see no reason to bring race into the discussion. His physical attributes will allow him to excel! Welcome Mr. Hobbs!
Now you are the on turning "innocent" references to ethnicity (actually in this case was not ethnic at all) into a scandal almost as large as that of Yuri! :lol:

I think this is a fantastic get. I love his athleticism. He and Ray are going to be great. They lack the stars of JCF and TM, but as future prospects, I think they might have even better attributes. Very much in the Daniel Graham/Christian Fauria tradition.

I think this is a fantastic get. I love his athleticism. He and Ray are going to be great. They lack the stars of JCF and TM, but as future prospects, I think they might have even better attributes. Very much in the Daniel Graham/Christian Fauria tradition.
:stupid:

Welcome to colorado.

hey where is the logo skiddy?

Well there you go. Welcome to Colorful Colorado.

4b2008ca-19b6-915e.jpg

You forgetting Irwin ???

Never stop posting.

Back