What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Jeffrey Thomas (Signed to Colorado - GS)

Welcome aboard young man,

We hope this is a decision that you are glad you made the rest of your life.

I'm thinking that this is going to be a big pick-up for us, look forward to big things.

He runs faster than the 4.66 in the video, good game speed, good size, good leaping ability to fight for the ball in the air.

This guy is going to be great for US!!! I'm so pumped about this pickup. Nice hands, good route running, great at adjusting the ball in the air and better than advertised speed. He's also a pretty nice looking run blocker on the edges. He's better than a 3* based on the videos IMO. Perfect compliment at WR to Richardson and Spruce. HUGE.

Love the way he uses his frame to shield defenders from the ball. Looking forward to seeing him the in Black and Gold!

He's all yours! Black and Gold for life! LEGGO (country for let's go)!
Glad to add both of you to the family!

Looks like a great athlete and an excellent compliment to our WR's and our future QB will be glad to have him!

Welcome to the black and gold

He's all yours! Black and Gold for life! LEGGO (country for let's go)!

He also gave you a great excuse to come up and enjoy Colorado often for the next few years,

we're glad he's here to get a great education and to have a great career in the black and gold.

Awesome!! Congrats and we are so glad to have you!! You are going to love CU!!!

If he still has the same offers in February, I guess you can still feel free to bitch. I doubt that will be the case though. Thomas is well known in recruiting circles and will get every opportunity to shine for a decent program in the Dallas area.

glad we beat out the likes of Iowa State and Memphis for him.

Mods, can you change Walk from #1 Buff Fan to #1 Buff Whiner. This class, including Thomas already has more legit BCS level recruits than Hawkins had in each of his last two classes and we are just getting started.

I wonder if Walk is actually a fan of another program here to try to pull our chains and make the site look bad.

Dillon is a legit 4* with offers from top 25 programs all over the country including such weaklings as Ohio State, Florida State, Arizona, Cincinnati.

Norgard and Henington are both legit 3* prospects who only don't have other offers listed because the committed early to CU, Norgard is a legacy that other school know better than to waste time on, Henington as a legit DT could have plenty of offers but isn't reporting, remember that the schools can't announce offers so the information only comes from the player.

For Thomas again a legit 3* (and a candidate to get moved up with a solid sr. season) his reported offers include Boise who we all laugh about but they were in a BCS bowl last year, Iowa State who last time I looked was in the Big XII, and some other lesser schools who are BCS level as well.) I would be shocked if he doesn't recieve offers from a number of big name schools before LOI day and I am very glad to have him on board.

Mods, can you change Walk from #1 Buff Fan to #1 Buff Whiner. This class, including Thomas already has more legit BCS level recruits than Hawkins had in each of his last two classes and we are just getting started.

I wonder if Walk is actually a fan of another program here to try to pull our chains and make the site look bad.

Dillon is a legit 4* with offers from top 25 programs all over the country including such weaklings as Ohio State, Florida State, Arizona, Cincinnati.

Norgard and Henington are both legit 3* prospects who only don't have other offers listed because the committed early to CU, Norgard is a legacy that other school know better than to waste time on, Henington as a legit DT could have plenty of offers but isn't reporting, remember that the schools can't announce offers so the information only comes from the player.

For Thomas again a legit 3* (and a candidate to get moved up with a solid sr. season) his reported offers include Boise who we all laugh about but they were in a BCS bowl last year, Iowa State who last time I looked was in the Big XII, and some other lesser schools who are BCS level as well.) I would be shocked if he doesn't recieve offers from a number of big name schools before LOI day and I am very glad to have him on board.

Walk annoys me, but at least he is honest. You are just on the other end of the spectrum, using the same simplistic analysis he uses, just in another way. He thinks every player we have ever signed with little to no interest automatically sucks, you think they are future stars.

As much as I like Thomas as a prospect, this class is not dramatically different from the Hawkins classes except for Shane Dillon. I expect it to be a very good class, but that should not stop people from voicing concerns if they feel recruiting is lagging.

Walk annoys me, but at least he is honest. You are just on the other end of the spectrum, using the same simplistic analysis he uses, just in another way. He thinks every player we have ever signed with little to no interest automatically sucks, you think they are future stars.

As much as I like Thomas as a prospect, this class is not dramatically different from the Hawkins classes except for Shane Dillon. I expect it to be a very good class, but that should not stop people from voicing concerns if they feel recruiting is lagging.

One area it's dramatically different than any recruiting year I can ever remember is that we have 5 commitments by mid-June. That's a major change to recruiting philosophy and effort and it makes me feel like we're not taking leftovers this year. We're targeting players and getting our share of them. I think there's a good chance that we won't get many of the "could sign anywhere" type prospects until we show something on the field this season. They may like what they're seeing and hearing on CU, they may plan to visit, but they also want to have confidence that they're joining a good program that's on the rise if they're going to choose us over other major BCS options.

I don't think that each guy we have committed is a future star, each has downsides including Dillon. If you look at most recruiting classes including those of the schools considered to have top 10 type classes a high percentage of recruits underachieve. a good percentage, including the so called blue chips never see any significant playing time. I could give a potential downside to every recruit on our list but it wouldn't be productive at this point.

I do differ with you on the comparison to Hawkins classes. His early classes looked to be solid, with a few very notable recruits. His 2008 class included seven 4* and a 5*, most from out of state. Granted of those Katoa never played, MTM was damaged goods and had a limited career, Givens came as a result of the kNU meltdown as did Mohler. Look to 2009 and he had four 4* players, Nuckols who never qualified (the reason he was available to us, if his academics were decent he would have never committed to us,) Simmons who barely saw the field, Harris and Kasa who were both in state. Zero out of state 4*s contributed and much of the rest of the class were marginal or leftovers (some will be good players but they weren't highly though of by other BCS AQ conference schools, 2010 included exactly one 4* player, Richardson who signed with UCLA and transfered after being connected to of field issues. Many of the rest of the class had few if any AQ conference offers.

I am not a huge fan of the star system and looking at reported other offers also has its failings but can be a reasonable factor to consider. Compared to Hawks last two classes we are way ahead of where he was at this point. Not on target for a top 10 or even a top 20 class yet but I do honestly think every guy committed has the potential to be a solid contributor, not something I could say the last few years.

If Walk is being honest then he probably should look for another team to support or even a different sport than college football. If he can't find positives in the guys we have including Thomas then he has an attitude problem.

Greatly disagree. Hawk had how many commits by this date in the last two years? You have a "blue chip" QB and we are hitting TX hard. Stuff Hawk never bothered with. Why bother when you can push little Hawk out there every week and fight with BSU and SDSU over the leftovers in CA.:bang:

One area it's dramatically different than any recruiting year I can ever remember is that we have 5 commitments by mid-June. That's a major change to recruiting philosophy and effort and it makes me feel like we're not taking leftovers this year. We're targeting players and getting our share of them. I think there's a good chance that we won't get many of the "could sign anywhere" type prospects until we show something on the field this season. They may like what they're seeing and hearing on CU, they may plan to visit, but they also want to have confidence that they're joining a good program that's on the rise if they're going to choose us over other major BCS options.

The only thing I worry about is the coaching staff deciding to move to Plan B or Plan C guys a little too early, particularly on the OL. I am wondering about some of the recent offers in that area. This class is still going to be very good and I like the shift in recruiting strategy, but let's be honest in saying that this class is not scaring anyone else in the Pac-12.

I don't think that each guy we have committed is a future star, each has downsides including Dillon. If you look at most recruiting classes including those of the schools considered to have top 10 type classes a high percentage of recruits underachieve. a good percentage, including the so called blue chips never see any significant playing time. I could give a potential downside to every recruit on our list but it wouldn't be productive at this point.

I do differ with you on the comparison to Hawkins classes. His early classes looked to be solid, with a few very notable recruits. His 2008 class included seven 4* and a 5*, most from out of state. Granted of those Katoa never played, MTM was damaged goods and had a limited career, Givens came as a result of the kNU meltdown as did Mohler. Look to 2009 and he had four 4* players, Nuckols who never qualified (the reason he was available to us, if his academics were decent he would have never committed to us,) Simmons who barely saw the field, Harris and Kasa who were both in state. Zero out of state 4*s contributed and much of the rest of the class were marginal or leftovers (some will be good players but they weren't highly though of by other BCS AQ conference schools, 2010 included exactly one 4* player, Richardson who signed with UCLA and transfered after being connected to of field issues. Many of the rest of the class had few if any AQ conference offers.

I am not a huge fan of the star system and looking at reported other offers also has its failings but can be a reasonable factor to consider. Compared to Hawks last two classes we are way ahead of where he was at this point. Not on target for a top 10 or even a top 20 class yet but I do honestly think every guy committed has the potential to be a solid contributor, not something I could say the last few years.

If Walk is being honest then he probably should look for another team to support or even a different sport than college football. If he can't find positives in the guys we have including Thomas then he has an attitude problem.

Thanks for posting more of the same. One of these days you might be able to make a concise post without superfluous fluff, but I doubt it. You are welcome to your opinions and so is walk, just know your posts (aside from length) read similarly, they just come at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Greatly disagree. Hawk had how many commits by this date in the last two years? You have a "blue chip" QB and we are hitting TX hard. Stuff Hawk never bothered with. Why bother when you can push little Hawk out there every week and fight with BSU and SDSU over the leftovers in CA.:bang:

I am glad we are hitting Texas hard, but it only counts if we land several more players in the end. If it ends up being just Crowder, Thomas, and maybe 1-2 others, that is not going to cut it.

I am satisfied with where the class stands right now, but we have a ways to go if we want to be a successful program.

I am glad we are hitting Texas hard, but it only counts if we land several more players in the end. If it ends up being just Crowder, Thomas, and maybe 1-2 others, that is not going to cut it.

I am satisfied with where the class stands right now, but we have a ways to go if we want to be a successful program.

I think our on-field performance is gonna have to change before our recruiting class changes dramatically.

Back