What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Jeffrey Thomas (Signed to Colorado - GS)

Was real proud of the team today. We lost in the semi finals but Jeff made the all tournament team for Div I. Not bad for playing on a pulled hamstring!

Thanks for the info. That 4.22 quickness is something that a pulled hammy won't effect so much compared to his top end speed. That is a very gutsy and impressive performance for him to make the all tourney team even with a pulled hammy. Congrats to you and your progeny :thumbsup:. Hope he makes a few more all X teams in the next few years :nod:

I saw what I think was a great player comparison for Jeff Thomas over on the Rivals site.Jeff Thomas's Rivals profile:Duncanville, TXHt: 6'3"Wt: 180 lbs40: 4.66 secsRivals rating: 3* / 5.5WR ranking: unrankedDezmon Briscoe's Rivals profile (2007):Cedar Hill, TXHt: 6'2"Wt: 180 lbs40: 4.7 secsRivals rating: 3* / 5.5WR ranking: unranked**********************************Let's hope we get similar production.Also, I don't know if I'd mentioned it before but Jeff has a reported shuttle time of 4.22 secs. That's extremely quick, especially for his size. Big guys who can move like that simply get open. Pretty much impossible to cover when the ball is delivered on time.
Great comparison. He's been working with a trainer to really push his footwork. Its been paying off handsomely!

Thanks for the info. That 4.22 quickness is something that a pulled hammy won't effect so much compared to his top end speed. That is a very gutsy and impressive performance for him to make the all tourney team even with a pulled hammy. Congrats to you and your progeny :thumbsup:. Hope he makes a few more all X teams in the next few years :nod:
He had to represent Colorado!

Great comparison. He's been working with a trainer to really push his footwork. Its been paying off handsomely!

That is great to hear! Having good technique will really help get him early looks at playing time. Not to mention be an unfortunate surprise for opposing CB's! Luckily for him, he's got a coach or 2 at CU that will really help him develop his game in all phases. Not just Bobby Kennedy either. Embree himself knows quite a bit about dealing with receiver technique!

BAD ASS!!! He looks like a beast in that pic. Love that he is reppin the buffs already! The hat looks like it has been used too. Caint wait for him to get here and make a difference!!!

That is great to hear! Having good technique will really help get him early looks at playing time. Not to mention be an unfortunate surprise for opposing CB's! Luckily for him, he's got a coach or 2 at CU that will really help him develop his game in all phases. Not just Bobby Kennedy either. Embree himself knows quite a bit about dealing with receiver technique!

Don't forget J.D. Brookhart. Our TE Coach/ Passing Game Coordinator was the WR Coach at Pitt and had both Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant win Belitnikoff Awards.

Don't forget J.D. Brookhart. Our TE Coach/ Passing Game Coordinator was the WR Coach at Pitt and had both Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio Bryant win Belitnikoff Awards.

And this is why you make the big bucks :lol:

Moett please tell me he has been careful with that hammy. We are going to need him at full speed come this time next year.

Moett please tell me he has been careful with that hammy. We are going to need him at full speed come this time next year.
He's actually doing fine. His trainers are great and he made sure he assessed himself after each game, alot of times pulling the double coverage and letting his teammates pick up the slack on the last 2 games. So he's resting up today.

He's actually doing fine. His trainers are great and he made sure he assessed himself after each game, alot of times pulling the double coverage and letting his teammates pick up the slack on the last 2 games. So he's resting up today.

I'm glad to hear he's doing well. Good luck to him having a great senior year.

@ S2S - you don't need to worry about a hammy tweak lingering for over a year, man. :smile2:

Thanks for sharing, moett.

Here's the bit on Thomas for everyone:

Jeff Thomas, WR, Duncanville
Over the past year Thomas has grown dramatically from a pure athletic standpoint. He showed a little burst coming out of his breaks and his routes were crisp for the most part. He's much more explosive now that he's been in the past. He's not burner, but has developed into a legit BCS conference caliber receiver. The 6-foot-4, 180-pounder is committed to Colorado

Thanks for sharing, moett.

Here's the bit on Thomas for everyone:

Jeff Thomas, WR, Duncanville
Over the past year Thomas has grown dramatically from a pure athletic standpoint. He showed a little burst coming out of his breaks and his routes were crisp for the most part. He's much more explosive now that he's been in the past. He's not burner, but has developed into a legit BCS conference caliber receiver. The 6-foot-4, 180-pounder is committed to Colorado

LOL you are fast!

Working on the interview skills..........LOL

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1087786.html

BTW he has not visited. He was just going with the interview.............Cracking me up!

That is funny. It's why I take it with a grain of salt when someone is interviewed by a Rivals/Scout/247 site that is affiliated with a certain team and the prospect says something good about that team. Especially when it goes like, "What do you think of Nebraska?"... "I haven't had a chance to look into them much yet, but they're a great school and program. I really like the coaches there." Then, of course, the article headline ends up being something like, "Four star prospect high on the Huskers". :lol:

Jeff did well, though. He looks like he's in great shape too.

That is funny. It's why I take it with a grain of salt when someone is interviewed by a Rivals/Scout/247 site that is affiliated with a certain team and the prospect says something good about that team. Especially when it goes like, "What do you think of Nebraska?"... "I haven't had a chance to look into them much yet, but they're a great school and program. I really like the coaches there." Then, of course, the article headline ends up being something like, "Four star prospect high on the Huskers". :lol:

Jeff did well, though. He looks like he's in great shape too.

Yeah i'm learning on how quickly some can get in those "questions". Its almost as thought you need to quiz the kids on what to say ahead of time so they are some what prepared. LOL

His little frame is finally holding some weight! We are excited. When he played both basketball and football it was hard to keep any weight on him. But it is finally starting to stick. Hope to get 10 to 15 more punds on him before he gets out there next year. :thumbsup:.

Yeah i'm learning on how quickly some can get in those "questions". Its almost as thought you need to quiz the kids on what to say ahead of time so they are some what prepared. LOL

His little frame is finally holding some weight! We are excited. When he played both basketball and football it was hard to keep any weight on him. But it is finally starting to stick. Hope to get 10 to 15 more punds on him before he gets out there next year. :thumbsup:.

Your boy is 6'3"!! "little frame" may not be the most accurate description :lol:

Your boy is 6'3"!! "little frame" may not be the most accurate description :lol:

I know......... the day he started looking "down" on me it was all over. So he just laughs at me now when I say that. That's ok....I can still take him! :lol::lol::lol:

I know......... the day he started looking "down" on me it was all over. So he just laughs at me now when I say that. That's ok....I can still take him! :lol::lol::lol:

You can also laugh a little about how that 6'3" and those athletic skills are saving you a whole bunch of money that would have gone into sending him to college.

Reminds me of when my older brother who was a state champion wrestler thought he was teach the fat old man a lesson about who was in charge around the house. Wasn't a smart move, dad was old and out of shape but he had been a pro hockey player so the flurry of punches that my brother landed didn't phase him much. When he got going it didn't take long for my brother to figure out the error of his thinking, dad then kicked him out of the house and after a week or so when mom convinced dad to let him come back the attitude was a little more humble. After that I never got the urge to try although I was a lot bigger than either one of them.

You can also laugh a little about how that 6'3" and those athletic skills are saving you a whole bunch of money that would have gone into sending him to college.

Reminds me of when my older brother who was a state champion wrestler thought he was teach the fat old man a lesson about who was in charge around the house. Wasn't a smart move, dad was old and out of shape but he had been a pro hockey player so the flurry of punches that my brother landed didn't phase him much. When he got going it didn't take long for my brother to figure out the error of his thinking, dad then kicked him out of the house and after a week or so when mom convinced dad to let him come back the attitude was a little more humble. After that I never got the urge to try although I was a lot bigger than either one of them.

Wow. Dick move by your bro. Glad it worked out how it did.

Do you have any NCAA eligibility remaining?

Back