What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA OT Walker Williams (Signed to Wisconsin)

No Mountains and really sucky weather but Madison is probably the closest thing the Big 10 has to Boulder as far as a college town.

Wish he would have picked different but he had the make the choice for him. Sounds like the kind of kid who is going to have a good experience no matter where he goes.

Good luck to him.

Rats, WW was a player I really wanted to see at CU. Oh well, good luck WW, I had a relative who played at Wiscy, there is a lot of fun to be had in Madison...

That's too bad. Wisconsin is cold as hell and the girls are fat. Best of luck.

Another kick in the guts from an offensive lineman. Something's wrong with our O-Line recruiting. I don't know what it is or how to fix it, but it doesn't make sense that we can get solid players at just about every position except for O-Line, especially in one of the deepest years for O-Linemen ever.

[video=youtube;yFGlV-8WZQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGlV-8WZQ8[/video]

Impressive.

Thanks Buffnik. At 3:17 Walker intercepted the ball and took it for 26 yards. Was hysterical. He's played both ways for 3 years leaving the field only for special teams. Found out Monday he made Associated Press All-State for both defense and offense. Is there anything better than football? I'm just sayin.....

Colorado fans are some of the best in the country ~ I hope it's still OK that we say, Go Buffs! Fans for life.

Another kick in the guts from an offensive lineman. Something's wrong with our O-Line recruiting. I don't know what it is or how to fix it, but it doesn't make sense that we can get solid players at just about every position except for O-Line, especially in one of the deepest years for O-Linemen ever.

You're being too kind, no excuse for how awful they've recruited this position this year. You can add coaching the position as well.

You're being too kind, no excuse for how awful they've recruited this position this year. You can add coaching the position as well.

Syko, I know you don't mean to be a douche, but you can't help it. You just slammed out team and our coaching staff. To someone close to Williams. Obviously he's committed to Wisconsin, but did it ever occur to you that he's still on our board looking around, that their offensive coordinator at Wisconsin was just named the head coach at Pitt, and THERE MIGHT BE A CORRELATION?

Last edited:
Most people on this board understand that Syko just has to have something to complain about.

Walker is amazing, god I wish he was in the BnG. He was just steamrolling folks in those highlights

I happen to think Marshall did a damn good job with what we had this year. He lost his LT in game one and his RT shortly thereafter. He was playing freshmen on the OL at times. Dannewitz is not a tackle, but he's all we had. We are a bit thin there, and got hit with some injuries. It's a totally new offense. It was about what I hoped for honestly. I'm a realist.

As for recruiting, they got shut out in-state and that's a bitch. That is really disappointing. But I'll bet that there would be few Oline coaches who could have kept them here.

Being from Arizona, I noticed an article on Rivals that lamented how the top talent in Arizona ALWAYS leaves the state. It's just not cool to stay home there. It's the same here, we've discussed this ad nauseum.

Unfortunately, when Colorado talent doesn't stay home, 4 out of 5 times, they will be OLine guys. That's what we produce. Big strapping farm boys.

None of Colorado talent stays in Colorado these days. It's not cool.
Arizona talent doesn't stay there either. They attract kids from LB POly all day, but can't keep their in-state kids?

It's the local culture. Give it a break. CU is a great place to right now. Marshall is a very proven teacher and has put many OL guys into the NFL.

Syko, I know you don't mean to be a douche, but you can't help it. You just slammed out team and our coaching staff. To someone close to Williams. Obviously he's committed to Wisconsin, but did it ever occur to you that he's still on our board looking around, that their offensive coordinator at Wisconsin was just named the head coach at Pitt, and THERE MIGHT BE A CORRELATION?
Agreed. I feel like I've been talking to myself.

I happen to think Marshall did a damn good job with what we had this year. He lost his LT in game one and his RT shortly thereafter. He was playing freshmen on the OL at times. Dannewitz is not a tackle, but he's all we had. We are a bit thin there, and got hit with some injuries. It's a totally new offense. It was about what I hoped for honestly. I'm a realist.

As for recruiting, they got shut out in-state and that's a bitch. That is really disappointing. But I'll bet that there would be few Oline coaches who could have kept them here.

Being from Arizona, I noticed an article on Rivals that lamented how the top talent in Arizona ALWAYS leaves the state. It's just not cool to stay home there. It's the same here, we've discussed this ad nauseum.

Unfortunately, when Colorado talent doesn't stay home, 4 out of 5 times, they will be OLine guys. That's what we produce. Big strapping farm boys.

None of Colorado talent stays in Colorado these days. It's not cool.
Arizona talent doesn't stay there either. They attract kids from LB POly all day, but can't keep their in-state kids?

It's the local culture. Give it a break. CU is a great place to right now. Marshall is a very proven teacher and has put many OL guys into the NFL.

Win some football games, go to a bowl game or two and the Colorado kids will be a lot more agreeable to staying home.

As much as we don't want to hear it for most HS kids in the state CU is irrelevent. The last time we were decent they were 10 years old. Add to this that we are a state full of families that came from someplace else and you don't have a built in loyalty like you get in some other places. Get some big wins on TV, show up on sportscenter in a positive light, show them some bowl videos and you get some attention.

Just because Hawkins is gone we don't automatically go back to back to where we were before he got here.

Win some football games, go to a bowl game or two and the Colorado kids will be a lot more agreeable to staying home.

As much as we don't want to hear it for most HS kids in the state CU is irrelevent. The last time we were decent they were 10 years old. Add to this that we are a state full of families that came from someplace else and you don't have a built in loyalty like you get in some other places. Get some big wins on TV, show up on sportscenter in a positive light, show them some bowl videos and you get some attention.

Just because Hawkins is gone we don't automatically go back to back to where we were before he got here.

All good points.

But this discussion could probably be better had in a different thread...

Just bring Williams to boulder, he's thenkind of guy we need to get this team rolling again

He visited once already, reportedly had a good time and was well liked by all who met him. Decided to go to Wisconsin. It would make me a very happy Buff fan if he were to reconsider and end up in Boulder.

Walker will be a first round draft pick one day. Wish he'd gone with the Buffs, but hard to say the Wisconsin choice is a bad one. Best of luck WW, destroy the Nubs for us!

I apologize, i'll keep my comments like this off the recruits threads.

Failing to bring in WW might be my biggest recruiting disappointment of the year. He is a young man that would bring great athletic skill to a position of need and another great family to the Buff (and AB) family.

:sad1:

I'm not giving up hope until Mr. Williams' letter is signed. This young man could make a very big difference to our team's future.

Best wishes to him wherever he lands...

tease.jpg

Too much to hope for. We sure could use a couple more good OL kids though

All good points.

But this discussion could probably be better had in a different thread...

I agree and apologize for posting my rebuttal here, but I felt compelled to counter the negatives with positives.

And to Syko, apologizies accepted. I know he bleeds Black and Gold, which is a great thing, but newcomers to our boards have been increasingly tied to recruits and they are coming by to check out the Buff community. They wouldn't necessarily have the experience that we all have with dealing with Syko's "occasional" rants. What we write off with "there he goes again" others might think is representative of Buff Nation. Note to newcomers: Syko gets irrational quickly. But this is nothing compared to the last 5 years. This is actually very "positive", trust us! But, do not, ever, argue with him that we have enough Dlineman. That is not a rant. That is his way of life.

His highlights were impressive, however, it looks like he's pancaking kids that weigh 220 and 230 pounds on the dline. I'm guessing he played the CO equivalent to 2A or 3A? Obviously he has the size to take on the D1 lineman out there. But I wouldn't be calling this guy a 1st round draft pick yet. Great O Lines are developed within a system. We need to get some guys in here and develop them. Unfortunately, it isn't something that is built very quickly.

Back