What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA SG Isaac Hamilton (Transfer to UCLA)

Doesn't sound like Floyd is willing to let him out of his scholarship. It is very late in the process for a talented player to decide to transfer, so can somewhat see his stance.

Still, can't imagine it makes the coach look great to future recruits. Odd in that he largely picked UTEP because of his long standing relationship with Floyd.

I think that Enfield and CO are going to attract some great to the Trojans Roster. He's young and players seem to love his up tempo "Dunk City" type of play. I bet he gets some 4/5 star wings right away, also some very athletic bigs.

NLI committee denies Hamilton's waiver. Won't receive a scholarship until the 2014-15 season. His dad wants him to play for a Pac-12 school. Sounds like USC wouldn't be able to get him as Isaac's former AAU coach is on their coaching staff, I believe.

With all that said, should CU go after Isaac again? Know they were eliminated very early in the process last time around. Obviously, it is a longshot as he would probably much prefer to play for a school in California (UCLA, Cal, Stanford probably frontrunners), but it's worth trying probably. We still have the one edge of having Jordan Hamilton playing for the Nuggets, but obviously didn't seem to matter last time.

Worth a phone call. The kid is a talent.
I beg to differ ... sense a probable cultural issue with a guy who changes his mind after what was apparently a long relationship with Floyd. A core test of character is to do what you agree to do. There are lot's of talented players, but the culture and chemistry of the team has to be right for success. Boyle's teams have shown how attitude work ethic can overcome raw talent. I would not want to see CU risk the culture buy bringing in someone who might not contribute positively to that.

I beg to differ ... sense a probable cultural issue with a guy who changes his mind after what was apparently a long relationship with Floyd. A core test of character is to do what you agree to do. There are lot's of talented players, but the culture and chemistry of the team has to be right for success. Boyle's teams have shown how attitude work ethic can overcome raw talent. I would not want to see CU risk the culture buy bringing in someone who might not contribute positively to that.

Hence "a call" instead of "make an offer and roll out the red carpet". Hell, everyone in the country knew it was a bad idea when he committing to flippin' UTEP. I don't know enough about Hamilton or the situation to make a judgment on whether he has character issues that could be a problem for the CU locker room, but I'd be willing to hear his side and give a teenager the benefit of the doubt on making a poor decision under a ton of pressure.

Bruin Report Online @BruinReport
Isaac Hamilton, who signed with UTEP and has been trying to get out of his NLI, has been admitted to #UCLA.

I guess no one told him about the piece of ***t coach UCLA has now. The one that has a more than shady past. What's his deal? Covering up rape and/or other violent crimes?

Would be a good addition for UCLA, especially if one of Jordan Adams or Kyle Anderson leaves after next year.

Would Hamilton be able to practice with the team? Know he can't be on scholarship unless he wins his appeal, but didn't know the rules, as far as just walking on somewhere

Back