What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

Quote:

NBDefektor:

"Well yes, but it's the same for defensive players, too. botched coverages, bad DBs, missed tackles, etc."
----
Response:

True, but it's not easy to find prospects with those kind of numbers. Having been a football player and coach in high school, I can say I've never seen those kind of numbers in games, let alone in practice even when no defense is present.

Last edited:
thanks for the highlights. every time I see Sefo I get more and more excited to see him in the bng!

No. Sefu will not compete as a true freshman for playing time in a year where Embree is fighting to keep his job. ZERO chance that will happen.

If he's the best out there he will be the starter. 100% chance that will happen.

I am leaning that Sefu redshirts a year. I don't think Embree's job is in jeopardy like most seem to think. He had a heck of a rebuilding process ahead of him and I think he has a minimum of 3 years before he gets a hot seat in year 4.

I think Dillon will be starting next year but Sefo has been putting up some damn nice stats, very efficient so you never know.

Last edited:
I see no starter as inevitable. When Wood was signed, we all thought that he was the lock to start until they signed Webb and announced him a few weeks back. Now, Wood is getting another shot. According to the BDC article linked on the front page of this site, the two are going to split reps in the game to see who should be the QB going forward. If Liufau is the best guy in the fall camp, look for him to be the starter. Given his mobility and ability to throw accurately behind a bad offensive line, he may already be the favorite so long as he decides to come to CU.

we might want to stop using the term efficient, he has a really high YPA and I kinda think of short passes when I hear efficient.

Jake Worthen from Scout is checking out Liufau's game tonight. Here are a few of his tweets about the game and Sefo's performance:

Jake Worthen ‏@JakeWorthen
It looks like Sefo Liufau actually has a couple lineman that are bigger than he is this year... May finally see him throw out of a pocket...

Liufau's first pass of the night breaks for 50 yards... Then a great throw on a rollout and the Lions score a couple plays later... 7-0 BP

Liufau hits Calvin Chandler on a corner route. Great throw, great catch... Easy to see why college coaches like Chandler at LB, playing well

Bellarmine dominating 21-0 as we head to the break. Def miss the explosiveness of RB Isaiah Flynn who decided to focus on basketball...

#Colorado commit Sefo Liufau solid in first half... Team can run the ball and hes not asked to be special... Throws well on run

Sefo Liufau runs it in from 2yds out to push BP lead to 28-0 late in 3Q. Liufau averaging about 5ypc on QB sneaks tonight... #wafbscores

Last edited:
Jake Worthen from Scout is checking out Liufau's game tonight. Here are a few of his tweets about the game and Sefo's performance:

It looks like Sefo Liufau actually has a couple lineman that are bigger than he is this year... May finally see him throw out of a pocket...

Liufau's first pass of the night breaks for 50 yards... Then a great throw on a rollout and the Lions score a couple plays later... 7-0 BP

Liufau hits Calvin Chandler on a corner route. Great throw, great catch... Easy to see why college coaches like Chandler at LB, playing well

Bellarmine dominating 21-0 as we head to the break. Def miss the explosiveness of RB Isaiah Flynn who decided to focus on basketball...

#Colorado commit Sefo Liufau solid in first half... Team can run the ball and hes not asked to be special... Throws well on run

I like

Final Score: 42-7

Sefo stat's tonight according to the local paper (Kitsap Sun) 12/16 158 yds (3 TD) 1 pass / 2 run.

Sefo said, his committment is solid as the Rockies.
Glad to hear it...if so many of us CU alums are ready to give up, I can't imagine being an 18-year-old recruit. Good on him for maintaining his commitment despite these low, low times. Really excited to get him into the BnG.

Short of hiring a new coach who is determined to run the wishbone Sefu is going to be fine. He is talented enough and athletic enough to compete in almost any system that a coach would want to install.

Even if Embo isn't around the core of players he recruited should look to an upturn in the program and Sefu will be in position to be right in the middle of it.

Looking forward to seeing him in BnG.

I'm telling you right now - the moment this kid takes over as starter is going to be the moment the program starts to claw its way out of the abyss!!!

We really could use a scrambler now to pick up some yards when the pocket inevitably caves in.

RT @SefoLiufau: Representing at shoool. #GoBuffs
A3K3h1gCIAEzzrs.jpg:large

Back