What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

I would be very surprised if this was the case.

How come? Wouldn't you say it's very unsual for a 4* quarterback to have only one offer going into his senior year? If he gets other offers, but he's fully committed to CU, would he even report them? I honestly don't know, but it seems logical to me.

The offers issue is a double edged sword. We'd love to see that we beat out Oregon or Washington for Liufau, but we'd hate to see them offer and have him consider switching!

Bottom line is that I love what I've seen from this kid. Should be great in the B&G!

He may not report any going forward, but he has been pretty upfront in interviews about talking to schools up to now. Not sure why he would be so secretive to this point because schools are aware of him, he is not off the radar.

In a Rivals update they said CU was his only offer when he committed. Either way, I don't care. He's a very good QB and for the first time since I can remember we have a legit QB depth chart coming in.

It's weird and we're reaching for an explanation.

Top performer at Army All-America and other camps?
CHECK

Highly rated by scouting services?
CHECK

At the top of the board for a respected NFL QB Coach in Rip Scherer?
CHECK

Impressive High School film & results?
CHECK

BCS size & athleticism for the position?
CHECK

High character & leadership qualities?
CHECK

Solid academic record?
CHECK

I have no ****ing clue why we weren't fighting off a dozen other BCS offers, let alone offers from smaller conference programs. Their mistake and our gain, I guess.

To me it seems that it could very will be that he has simply told other schools thanks but no thanks. Time will tell, but as of right now, super excited about our QB depth, and welcoming Mr Liufau to the black and gold

sometimes the offers come in at unpredictable rates. if i recall correctly, we were one of landry jones' first offers. and folks were wondering why a 4 star didn't have more offers. well he ended up getting those offers and going to ou. and wasn't craig ochs a 4 star too? and he committed early to CU and didn't get a bunch of offers after that. it is an inexact process.

To me it seems that it could very will be that he has simply told other schools thanks but no thanks. Time will tell, but as of right now, super excited about our QB depth, and welcoming Mr Liufau to the black and gold

He hasn't done that as of a few weeks ago. He states he will going forward, but he was looking for offers until he committed, as stated in several interviews.

sometimes the offers come in at unpredictable rates. if i recall correctly, we were one of landry jones' first offers. and folks were wondering why a 4 star didn't have more offers. well he ended up getting those offers and going to ou. and wasn't craig ochs a 4 star too? and he committed early to CU and didn't get a bunch of offers after that. it is an inexact process.

Not correct on Landry Jones. Landry Jones had offers in mid March from Oklahoma, Oregon, Colorado, Virginia, New Mexico, Arizona, Wisconsin, New Mexico State and UCLA (according to Rivals). He also played for Artesia High School in Southeast NM, about as far from a metropolitan area or football power as one could possibly be.

It's not a big deal, but it is an oddity and fans shouldn't write it off as something that it's not. I concur with everything Buffnik states above. It's an odd situation but I trust our staff. Glad he's a Buff.

I think we have had enough debate about why he doesn't have more offers. I do agree it is borderline shocking that a 4* QB with the kind of accolades he has, doesn't have more offers (at least that we know).

But I say who cares. As Nick says, he is talented, has all the physical traits of a PS QB plus has the added bonus of mobility, and best of all, he accepted our scholarship offer and believes in the Buffs and Embree. That's enough for me.

This is a classic example of how in some circumstances stars don't matter...

Sefo is legit. Period.

Great, great pick up for the 'Buffs and I wish him well:nod:

This is a classic example of how in some circumstances stars don't matter...

Sefo is legit. Period.

Great, great pick up for the 'Buffs and I wish him well:nod:

Yeah, but... he has four stars. I hope the stars DO matter in this case. It's just unusual, is all. I think it's fantastic that he's coming here and that we'll FINALLY have some quality depth at quarterback for the foreseeable future. That alone is probably worth 3-4 more wins per year than what we've had. What Nik says above is all true, which makes it all the more perplexing that he wouldn't have any offers at this point. It's odd, that's all.

expected with his elite 11 selection camp performance, even though it appears he may keep his 4th star.

Back