What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 WA QB Sefo Liufau (Signed to Colorado)

Fun to re-read this thread for our leader of the 10-2 Pac-12 South Champions and winner of the Buffalo Heart Award.

Thank you, Sefo.
How very appropriate that he was an early commit to CU and didn't really entertain any other offers, you could rename it Liufau Field today and I wouldn't be upset in the least, this guy is a Buffalo and has been from the day he was offered a scholarship.

Freakin tough as nails. He will always have a special place in CU history now. He is the epitome of the Buffalo Heart Award. Congrats Sefo and keep it rolling! You are not done yet creating history for CU.

I don't care what his rating is, I like his film. But I'm not buying this completely above (yet). I think something else must be at work. I don't mean this to be taken too negative either. The kids film is off the charts. Here's a quick datadump of other Pro Style QB's attracting west coast PAC12 interest (according to Rivals):

Troy Williams has offers from AZ, ASU, UW, & UCLA & others
Hayden Rettig has offers from AZ, ASU, WSU, & others
Cooper Bateman has offers from AZ, ASU, UCLA, Utah, UW & many others
Tyler Bruggman has offers from AZ, ASU, UCLA, WSU & others
Eddie Prinz - committed to UCLA, a 3-star with a ton of offers
Brayden Scott - a 3-star with offers from AZ, ASU among many
Jared Goff - commited to Cal, a 3-star with 3 offers (Boise State and WSU)
Ryan Burns - committed to Stanford, with a nice offer list

Every other 4-star has a bunch of offers except one other kid, who has 3 mid-major offers. A bunch of 3-star kids with large offer lists. This kid didn't play at a small unknown program...

AZ, ASU, WSU, UCLA and others like some other QB's better at this point. The good news is that we run a true Pro Style and Stanford, Cal and USC got their QB. Washington may not take one, but I'd be concerned there.

Well, it was a pretty big camp and it was against several peers (several QBs that are committed to BCS programs).

The QBs in the top 250 and their school choice (if applicable):
Max Browne-USC
Tyrone Swopes-Texas
Shane Morris-Michigan
Ryan Burns-Stanford
Hayden Rettig-LSU
Cooper Bateman-Alabama
Cody Thomas-Oklahoma
Troy Williams-likely picks Washington soon
Johnathan McCrary-Vanderbilt
Malik Zaire-Notre Dame
Aaron Bailey-Illinois
Christian Hackenberg-Penn State
J.T. Barrett-Ohio State
Brice Ramsey-Georgia
Kenny Hill-Texas A&M
Kohl Stewart-Texas A&M
Brogan Roback
Anu Solomon-Arizona
Matt Alviti-Northwestern
Tyler Bruggman-likely picks Arizona State soon

It is hard to argue with that list, outside of a few exceptions. Just a loaded group overall in this class and it really it hard to say the guys on the above list are bums (hell, we offered several of them).

Amazing to look back at the names. Some really good but a lot that never panned out.

It turned out well for the Buffs.

It is too bad that Sefo was here during a period of such instability and disorganization. A great college QB, and that 2016 season will always be so special
I agree, but do you really think Sefo would have had the career he did if he was here during a better part of CU football history, which presumably would have featured significantly better talent at the QB position than when he was here?

I agree, but do you really think Sefo would have had the career he did if he was here during a better part of CU football history, which presumably would have featured significantly better talent at the QB position than when he was here?
Sure, for the better parts. He was better than most of the QBs we won with under GB. He's not Sal, Hagan, Kordell or Detmer but I might put him next among the modern era CU quarterbacks.

Back