What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CA TE Dylan Keeney (Signed to COLORADO)

I'm not so sure. Not sure we have anyone that is going to allow us to redshirt this guy. Looks smooth, doesnt look fast, but gets open a lot, and even when covered he goes up and gets it. He makes it look easy.

One thing on the clips that I expected to, and did see, was that he catches with his hands (didn't see 1 highlight of him making a body catch). Two things I saw on the clips that I didn't expect to see were his balance and body control -- both were exceptional. 6'6" with a 37" vertical leap is ridiculous. Can you imagine this guy with 20 more pounds of muscle?

Not afraid to put his body on the line either. Number of catches that weren't great thrown balls and he had to have full extension to catch.

I am with everyone else after seeing his senior year highlight film. That dude is impressive. He goes up for the ball (when he needs to), has great hands, runs good routes, runs physical afterwards and gets YAC even though he is not a burner. Even his blocking looks pretty good but that is where he will probably need the most help b/c he needs to bulk up to be more impactful there.

Earlier in this thread I said he will probably start next year and I am more convinced of that now. We have no receiving threats at TE and Dylan is totally that. He could really help our redzone conversion rate among other things. I don't think he is but I wish he could come for the Spring and work with Forman already. Maybe the coaches can send him a training regimen and dietary plan (or is that against NCAA rules?)

I am with everyone else after seeing his senior year highlight film. That dude is impressive. He goes up for the ball (when he needs to), has great hands, runs good routes, runs physical afterwards and gets YAC even though he is not a burner. Even his blocking looks pretty good but that is where he will probably need the most help b/c he needs to bulk up to be more impactful there.

Earlier in this thread I said he will probably start next year and I am more convinced of that now. We have no receiving threats at TE and Dylan is totally that. He could really help our redzone conversion rate among other things. I don't think he is but I wish he could come for the Spring and work with Forman already. Maybe the coaches can send him a training regimen and dietary plan (or is that against NCAA rules?)

I think once he signs, they can send him information and "suggestions"

Vids looked very good. He'll play right away imo. I think he could be a star down the road.

Purely speculation, but Oregon has been passed up for #2TE Bryce Dixon... so hopefully they don't jump into the fray here.

Great commit. His film has to be the best I can remember from a Buff Commit at TE.

I like his much more than MacNamara that we missed out on a couple years ago.

Rivals put up their profile of Dylan today. I really think he could turn out to be our best TE since Daniel Graham. Different skill set but potentially as impactful. Obviously too skinny but they'll get to work on that ASAP.

My prediction is he plays early in 2014 and is starting by end of 2014. He has great acceleration for a kid that tall, good hands and potential for YAC. He will be a matchup nightmare. On top of that he is raw having only played 1 year of TE. With good coaching and weight room work he could be a real force.

Rivals put up their profile of Dylan today. I really think he could turn out to be our best TE since Daniel Graham. Different skill set but potentially as impactful. Obviously too skinny but they'll get to work on that ASAP.

My prediction is he plays early in 2014 and is starting by end of 2014. He has great acceleration for a kid that tall, good hands and potential for YAC. He will be a matchup nightmare. On top of that he is raw having only played 1 year of TE. With good coaching and weight room work he could be a real force.

I know we're desperate for TE's but I hope he redshirts. We pretty much need all these high ceiling kids to redshirt if we're going to build the program back up.

'14 CA TE Dylan Keeney (Verbal to COLORADO)

Kasa spent 1 yr as a te and he showed promise but sisnt set the world on fire at cu. His raw athleticism got him to the nfl but not bc he made a big impact as a te at cu

I think Keeney's going to be a big-time performer for us. Quickly.

Free update from Adam at Rivals.
Clearly, a bunch of receivers on this team are enjoying actually having the ball thrown to them now.... That's something that will somewhat resolve itself with Spruce's graduation, but Sefo has to distribute the ball better if/when he plays again.

Back