What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre (Signed to COLORADO)

HCMM seems very ethical and unlikely to give his son special treatment. Furthermore, he seems pretty athletic. If he and the staff think he is worthy I am fine with it, as long as he stays the course regarding no QB play.

Besides I really like HCMM and as someone else said, that improves the likelihood HCMM stays at least 5 more years regardless of any potential future suitors assuming we continue to improve.

Jay can flat play. I think he could play Pac 12 safety. I also think he is better @football than basketball.

Got some love from opposing dad's on the CO prep board. OP is supposed to be Avery Anderson's Dad (Pine Creek HS) who has done the national camp circuit, etc.

I also got a report from a Monarch HS parent who's put 3 studs thru Monarch and he gushes at this kid. Thinks his overall athleticism and toughness is off the charts. Thinks his shuttle time would be really good, and adequate 40 time.

In before the Cody comments.

Mike MacIntyre played defensive back for Dad. I think that gives some awareness to a unique situation. Put him on the hoops team too since it won't count toward the scholarships there. Be fun to see the head football coach's son jacking threes.

As the son of a CU employee, wouldn't he eligible for reduced tuition costs? If true then how 'bout invited as a walk-on?

I've often wondered about this. I'm guessing there's some kind of rule. The NCAA has rules for bagels and condiments, so it's a pretty good assumption that they cover this.

Sure would be an interesting situation if we got the Conway kid, and Jay. Both Football scholarship players, and walk-ons to the Basketball team. Seems to me that Tad would probably take one, but not two players that he wouldnt get till part way through the season.

Might be a BBall recruiting forum question, but I am assuming that they limit the number of walk-on players, or do they just limit the number of sholarships and the number of people who can dress?

I've often wondered about this. I'm guessing there's some kind of rule. The NCAA has rules for bagels and condiments, so it's a pretty good assumption that they cover this.

I imagine you're right, but it seems like it would a hard set of rules to manage. I have to think that the different states and their state universities have varying levels of authorized "help" for employees and their families. There would be a lot of different scenarios the ncaa would have to track/oversee. And then there's private schools with non-public guidelines and rules.

Of course, the ncaa is no stranger to the can-o-worms arena.

Sure would be an interesting situation if we got the Conway kid, and Jay. Both Football scholarship players, and walk-ons to the Basketball team. Seems to me that Tad would probably take one, but not two players that he wouldnt get till part way through the season.

Might be a BBall recruiting forum question, but I am assuming that they limit the number of walk-on players, or do they just limit the number of sholarships and the number of people who can dress?

Why not? The team can always use good practice players. Plus, it's not like they won't be in shape. Let them earn some PT.

I thought I remember reading a MM quote that said that if his kid was good enough to earn a scholarship, that he'd offer him one. I took that not necessarily as a rules thing - more of a pride/deserving thing.

I thought I remember reading a MM quote that said that if his kid was good enough to earn a scholarship, that he'd offer him one. I took that not necessarily as a rules thing - more of a pride/deserving thing.

Could very well be a situation where a coach feels like for it to work that he needs to treat his son like everyone else. That means putting him on scholarship if he's worthy of it. If you expect that your son, as an athlete, will help the team win then you want him to have the same access to the training program as the scholarship athletes. There are rules on that with the NCAA. It may just come down to that. There have certainly been walk-on coach's sons (I believe Pat Knight played at Indiana for Bobby as a non-scholarship player, for example).

Really the only other thing Coach has said with regards to Jay is that he will not recruit him at QB. If he wants to play that he needs to pursue other options. As others have mentioned he did say if Jay is good enough to help the team and is a good enough athlete to deserve a scholarship than he will get one. He sounds like a good enough safety to help us out so I say bring him in.

I was at the Monarch vs. Pine Creek game and actually sat with Avery Anderson's father. Jay MacIntyre is a baller and tough as nails. He played QB,DB, punted, returned all kicks and scored Monarch's lone TD on a return where he made a handful of solid cuts. He never came off the field. Jay took a ton of shots in Monarch's run-heavy offense, drudging up the middle on most carries, and kept getting up. IMO he could play at the Pac-12 level, but his height could be an issue in coverage against Pac-12 receivers. Guessing he ends up playing college basketball, but we'll see. He was one heck of a high school football player FWIW.

I've watched Jay all year, the kid is a stud. He has incredibly loose hips and great field vision when running. I think he could be a stellar slot receiver.

I don't see the issue here? If your HC wants to bring him in, you allow him to do so. Dan Hawkins furked up just about everything, so it's not surprising he did the same with his son on the team. Tons of college coaches bring in their sons who end up being solid contributors. I would prefer Jay as a walk-on but wouldn't meltdown if he was offered a scholarship

I don't see the issue here? If your HC wants to bring him in, you allow him to do so. Dan Hawkins furked up just about everything, so it's not surprising he did the same with his son on the team. Tons of college coaches bring in their sons who end up being solid contributors. I would prefer Jay as a walk-on but wouldn't meltdown if he was offered a scholarship

Especially if he is the best that recruit we can get.

Re: '14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre

Coach Mac played for his Dad right ? I think he knows how to handle it well.

It is such a different time. It is one thing to have a bunch of random anonymous idots who think they are smarter than you post garbage, but as soon as they start bashing your kid....

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre

Can someone think of a single incident where having a son play for a father has worked out well?

Dan Hawkins / Cody Hawkins
Bob Simmons / Nathan Simmons

Any other stellar father-son combinations I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back