What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre (Signed to COLORADO)

Jay can play. That's the most important thing.

I don't worry about HCMM managing the situation. He personally lived through it from the other end.

A nice benefit is that it would more strongly tie HCMM to CU and increase our odds of him staying for the long haul.

Saying something wouldn't work because it didn't work for Hawkins makes no sense.

Hawkins did a lot of things that other coaches succeeded with that he failed with.

Same thing with Bob Simmons. I liked Simmons a lot as an assistant but he wasn't exactly the model of success as a HC.

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre

Saying something wouldn't work because it didn't work for Hawkins makes no sense.

Hawkins did a lot of things that other coaches succeeded with that he failed with.

Same thing with Bob Simmons. I liked Simmons a lot as an assistant but he wasn't exactly the model of success as a HC.

I still think Simmons could have done well taking over for Mac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think Simmons could have done well taking over for Mac.

We'll never know. Could have been the right situation for him and he would have thrived. But, frankly, he hasn't done well as a HC or as an assistant anywhere he's gone since leaving CU.

'14 CO ATH Jay MacIntyre

We'll never know. Could have been the right situation for him and he would have thrived. But, frankly, he hasn't done well as a HC or as an assistant anywhere he's gone since leaving CU.

Yeah. Pure speculation and obviously his results elsewhere don't support. I'm just still upset from the day they announced it would be Tricky.

FWIW -- 3 star on both Rivals and Scout now.
Interesting. Makes it sound like he is no longer a nice local dual sport athlete and son of HC to a potentially legit BCS football prospect. Last I heard he had no BCS offers though, or I think even D1 offers?

Oops-forgot about the reported Air Force offer. Seems like if we were to take him, especially with so many few spots, HCMM would be in a better position if Jay got a BCS offer elsewhere first.

Last edited:
Interesting. Makes it sound like he is no longer a nice local dual sport athlete and son of HC to a potentially legit BCS football prospect. Last I heard he had no BCS offers though, or I think even D1 offers?

Being Mac's son might have something to do with that. That's an awkward living room visit.

I will go with the coaches decision on this one and agree with the comment above about tying MAC to the university. My only issue would be the recruiting aspect. Whatever position he plays, it will be tricky convincing another prospect that he will have a fair shot against the coaches kid. I also thank MAC will handle this situation very well.

Being Mac's son might have something to do with that. That's an awkward living room visit.

I never thought about that. It would be pretty funny if Mac sat in while another coach was putting his recruiting pitch out there. Could get interesting if the other coach tried to go negative on CU!

If you look at the players we are bringing in along with who we have committed, not sure where MacIntyre fits into this class.

I will go with the coaches decision on this one and agree with the comment above about tying MAC to the university. My only issue would be the recruiting aspect. Whatever position he plays, it will be tricky convincing another prospect that he will have a fair shot against the coaches kid. I also thank MAC will handle this situation very well.

As long as it's not QB, I don't see a problem. We play 5 DB positions and Mac Jr. can only take one.

Air Force is perfect for him. Close to home, plenty of respectability, and it saves us from dealing with family drama.

I would love to see him come as a walk-on at CU basketball. Personally, I see that as a great situation for him, much more so than football. Anyway, just my $.02.

Can someone think of a single incident where having a son play for a father has worked out well?

Dan Hawkins / Cody Hawkins
Bob Simmons / Nathan Simmons

Any other stellar father-son combinations I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelson Stokely / Brandon Stokely. Back when Louisiana-Lafayette was called Univ of Southwest Louisiana.

:wtf:Serving your country as an athlete at an incredible institution and then as an officer is a tremendous honor.:bang::pissed3:

Not going to derail thread any further, just want to point out that supporting our servicemen and women and desiring a career in the armed services are two completely different animals. I would think that 'Skinsfan55 wasn't disparaging the armed service as much as illustrating that a career path in the Air Force might not be in MacIntyre's plans.

I know HCMM has said that Jay has earned a scholarship... but I wish he would reconsider recruiting Jay as a PWO and pay his tuition himself. It'd be a nice way to sneak a scholarship level talent onto the roster. I mean, Mac makes 2 million a year, surely he could afford to pick up the tab for Jay right?

I cannot even imagine whats going to happen when he starts game 1 next year. This place will be unbearable

I have enough faith in HCMM to think he wouldn't offer Jay unless he thought he was capable of helping a Pac12 team and he wouldn't start him unless he was the best option. I seriously doubt that he'd start his son as a true freshman.

Back