What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Mac did a good job on this one. CU wasn't even in the conversation for Ballage over the summer and it got close.

Frustrating.

Good luck, KB, for 11 games a season.

Pretty disheartening. If Kalen was the sort of kid who valued his legacy and his impact on a program it would have been a no brainer to sign with CU... Maybe this is for the best. It takes a strong character to come in and try and lead a program for greatness. If Ballage wasn't up to it, then good riddance.

Pretty disheartening. If Kalen was the sort of kid who valued his legacy and his impact on a program it would have been a no brainer to sign with CU... Maybe this is for the best. It takes a strong character to come in and try and lead a program for greatness. If Ballage wasn't up to it, then good riddance.
Come on, man! :huh:

Easy, killer. Never burn bridges. And in recruiting, you may sign 20 or 25 but that also means that 90+% of the guys we profile ended up going somewhere else. KB's a good kid and representative of CO prep football.

Really? What's the point in dissing the guy or even questioning his character? Someone you've never met. Agree with Darth...ugh.

People, he is not coming to Allbuffs, reading your stupid digs, and all of a sudden feeling bad! Capice?

Last edited:
Easy, killer. Never burn bridges. And in recruiting, you may sign 20 or 25 but that also means that 90+% of the guys we profile ended up going somewhere else. KB's a good kid and representative of CO prep football.
Agreed. And who knows what might happen that could lead to him considering a transfer closer to home in the future.

best of luck to the kid, hope he goes on to a solid career there... another if only b&g story... excuse me while i go hit the bottle

Wasn't expecting him to sign with the Buffs, but nonetheless disappointed. Was hoping that something really good would finally happen.

Kind of feel like Charlie Brown, who just had the football yanked away yet again.

Tad, for one, is exceptional. For the other, he wanted to sign with the Buffs but a coaching change here steered him away.
I don't think that's correct. He was the best player in the state and hopped on a KU offer instead of staying home and going to CU, I don't think a coaching change is what made him leave the state.

ugh, let's not do the character assassination please.
I don't think it is character assassination to say that the kid was not up to a challenge. It is a challenge and a risk for a kid to come to CU right now. It is going to take some pretty special kids who have the vision and courage to dare to build something. Ballage is not that kind of kid. Very few kids (Or people for that matter) have that kind of courage. It isn't a negative when people choose to be common. No one can fault him for wanting to take the less risky option with what appears to be a very promising career.

It is simply very special when people display that type of courage. That is why we call them heroes. Ballage didn't display that he was as special as we had hoped.

It makes me feel better about the 21 who did choose the riskier path. Especially those who had other Pac-12 opportunities. Those are the heroes!

Best of luck to him!

We have no idea what went into Kalen's specific decision making process. I wanted him here but ultimately it is his life and his decision to make.

I also agree with others that in the long run he would have had a better experience at CU but it isn't like he is going to "regret" going to ASU. Fact is that if your attitude is right and you take advantage of the opportunities a person can and will have a good experience almost anywhere.

No reason to run him down for the decision but I do look forward to the day in the future when we are winning these battles instead of losing them. At least with M2 we were in the fight which I don't think we would have been in prior years.

I don't think that's correct. He was the best player in the state and hopped on a KU offer instead of staying home and going to CU, I don't think a coaching change is what made him leave the state.
Just heard him say that in an interview maybe 2 weeks ago.

Anyone turning from a rabid KB fan to hating on him now is a hypocrite. KB sounds like an intelligent guy who weighed his options heavily and really gave HCMM&Co a shot.

From the rumors he liked what he heard from our coaches and was considering CU. Given how few blue chip prospects in the state have done that in recent years, there is no reason to hate on him. I do wish he hadn't gone to a division rival b/c we have to root against him during those games, but other than when he plays CU I wish him a great career. And as Pate said, if he gets homesick we'll gladly welcome him back!

I don't think it is character assassination to say that the kid was not up to a challenge. It is a challenge and a risk for a kid to come to CU right now. It is going to take some pretty special kids who have the vision and courage to dare to build something. Ballage is not that kind of kid. Very few kids (Or people for that matter) have that kind of courage. It isn't a negative when people choose to be common. No one can fault him for wanting to take the less risky option with what appears to be a very promising career.

It is simply very special when people display that type of courage. That is why we call them heroes. Ballage didn't display that he was as special as we had hoped.

It makes me feel better about the 21 who did choose the riskier path. Especially those who had other Pac-12 opportunities. Those are the heroes!

Best of luck to him!

So all kids who chose the Buffs are heroes and the others are common and afraid of taking risks? Maybe we should just take the CSU-Pueblo class- those kids seem to be the biggest risk taking heroes of them all!

So all kids who chose the Buffs are heroes and the others are common and afraid of taking risks? Maybe we should just take the CU-Pueblo class- those kids seem to be the biggest risk taking heroes of them all!

And of course, when CU football returns, we should question the character of anyone who chooses to come here.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Damned auto correct doesn't speak Italian!

DBT gets pissed whenever I think he's being funny on purpose, so I'd like to point that "auto correct" is hilarious, and say so feeling free of threat of UBL.

Ballage quote from buffzone article... Going back and forth between ASU and UCLA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ballage quote from buffzone article... Going back and forth between ASU and UCLA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
OK, gloves off then. I hate him. So was his his "relative" posting here his 9th cousin twice removed? :lol:

Back