What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

:lol:

nevermind.jpg

So all kids who chose the Buffs are heroes and the others are common and afraid of taking risks? Maybe we should just take the CSU-Pueblo class- those kids seem to be the biggest risk taking heroes of them all!

Not what I am saying at all. KB had a chance to take a risk and chose not to, for whatever reason. Most likely because it was a riskier proposition than ASU. He does not deserve to be vilified in anyway. I am simply saying that he had a chance to be something special for CU and instead he chose what most players of his caliber would have done. Nothing wrong with that at all but that is not what makes men great. (Especially as seen through the Allbuffs prism)

I can assure you that the CSU-Pueblo class did not have other Pac-12 offers

And of course, when CU football returns, we should question the character of anyone who chooses to come here.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Never questioned his character. Simply made the point that he might not have had enough COURAGE to come to CU. (maybe nobody in his position does) Not calling his character into question at all.

When CU football returns, I will be saying the same thing about the kid who chooses Alabama over CU. That will be a good day!

Never questioned his character. Simply made the point that he might not have had enough COURAGE to come to CU. (maybe nobody in his position does) Not calling his character into question at all.

When CU football returns, I will be saying the same thing about the kid who chooses Alabama over CU. That will be a good day!

"He's gotta whole lot of character, but not much courage"

Quite the compliment.

I hurts to lose to an also-ran like ASU. But we've been garbage for so long I guess I've got to get used to it.

All the best Kalen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must have been turned off by our incredible RB depth.

I think it was the desperate fan base. :lol:

And for those who are saying Graham jumped the gun on his ceremony, what makes you think that wasn't cleared through Kalen? Did you talk to him?

Not what I am saying at all. KB had a chance to take a risk and chose not to, for whatever reason. Most likely because it was a riskier proposition than ASU. He does not deserve to be vilified in anyway. I am simply saying that he had a chance to be something special for CU and instead he chose what most players of his caliber would have done. Nothing wrong with that at all but that is not what makes men great. (Especially as seen through the Allbuffs prism)

I can assure you that the CSU-Pueblo class did not have other Pac-12 offers
Looks like you are in the "Bargaining" stage. That's good. After a brief depression stage, you'll be fine.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. This may be one of those cases where us being in the Pac 12 hurt us. He'll be making trips to Boulder every other year.

It sure would be nice for once to have a kid decide at the last minute that CU is the place for him. Between Dotson, Rodriguez and Ballage, that's three guys we really would have liked to have. Didn't get one.

To Kalen, All the best to you and enjoy these next 4 years!

Now us. From the luncheon: Most importantly when coach Mac and assistants discuss the length of time, and the amount of energy they put into our 2014 class, and the set up they have for 2015 and 2016, you are feeling real good about the athletes we are going to put on the football field.

A great stat to keep on this class would be the number of kids we offered first, only to be followed up by one to several other Pac-12 schools. Not every one for sure, but several. And yes we lost one or two also.

So it is a shame to miss Kalen, and he would have added to a very good class, but it is a good class none the less. We are now much closer to the front of the line for in state talent based on comments most of you have heard from Coach. We are also now in the recruiting mix with Bonaventure, Chamminade (big history here), and Bosco. Simply huge!

We see ASU third game this year in Boulder. Tall task, but a great place to get this party started. Get on the Buff bus or get under it!

To Kalen, All the best to you and enjoy these next 4 years!

Now us. From the luncheon: Most importantly when coach Mac and assistants discuss the length of time, and the amount of energy they put into our 2014 class, and the set up they have for 2015 and 2016, you are feeling real good about the athletes we are going to put on the football field.

A great stat to keep on this class would be the number of kids we offered first, only to be followed up by one to several other Pac-12 schools. Not every one for sure, but several. And yes we lost one or two also.

So it is a shame to miss Kalen, and he would have added to a very good class, but it is a good class none the less. We are now much closer to the front of the line for in state talent based on comments most of you have heard from Coach. We are also now in the recruiting mix with Bonaventure, Chamminade (big history here), and Bosco. Simply huge!

We see ASU third game this year in Boulder. Tall task, but a great place to get this party started. Get on the Buff bus or get under it!

Exactly. The best way to win recruiting battles is to win games. Coach took a 1 win team and turned it into a 4 win team by finding some diamonds in the rough. Now, this time around, he has gotten in early on some talented kids as well as winning a few recruiting battles and has brought in a very nice influx of talent. He is clearly a talented coach, and if we continue to up the talent with each recruiting class, we will start to see this program rise again. This might not be a year where we see a lot of improvement in the win/loss column, but we aren't getting worse. Give Coach MM time to do his thing, results will come. I know some people like to see immediate results, but given where this program was at, we will have to be a little patient. Good things are coming though, I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Exactly. The best way to win recruiting battles is to win games. Coach took a 1 win team and turned it into a 4 win team by finding some diamonds in the rough. Now, this time around, he has gotten in early on some talented kids as well as winning a few recruiting battles and has brought in a very nice influx of talent. He is clearly a talented coach, and if we continue to up the talent with each recruiting class, we will start to see this program rise again. This might not be a year where we see a lot of improvement in the win/loss column, but we aren't getting worse. Give Coach MM time to do his thing, results will come. I know some people like to see immediate results, but given where this program was at, we will have to be a little patient. Good things are coming though, I have no doubt.

Coach Mac spoke about this in the luncheon. he even said that with facilities, and us playing tougher and more wins that the classes will be better. I didn't know how the kids that just signed might take that, but it is the truth.

Good luck to the student athlete. We could have used his help but that is life.

really the top 3 CO kids are going elsewhere. Really need to keep our own top talent..

Arizona and Washington have the same issue. I also wouldn't include Starks in that list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back