What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO OLB Terran Hasselbach (Signed to Colorado)

This kid will be slotted to play immediately in my mind because:

a. He's already as strong as many kids entering the NFL. And it should be good and functional strength as he's worked with a top trainer, and worked out with his Dad.

b. His techniques should be pretty well-honed as his Dad's NFL experience should translate to he's been coached at a high level, along with not developing bad habits.

c. He's pretty explosive, and we have some big question marks at this position.

I'm penciling him in to play significant time in 2014.

So am I correct in assuming this is the kind of kid we wouldn't be getting if he had been playing for the past few years at this level? I mean, I don't want to make assumptions about him, but he seems to be a real beast, but didn't get much of a look because of his absence from football for the first three years. I'd like to see him become the first kid to show that you can really kill it at CU and not have to leave the state to be a big-time college player. CO can't support the program fully in big-time college ball, but I'd still love to see Mac build a fence around the state and at least make sure we get those kids who can contribute.

So am I correct in assuming this is the kind of kid we wouldn't be getting if he had been playing for the past few years at this level? I mean, I don't want to make assumptions about him, but he seems to be a real beast, but didn't get much of a look because of his absence from football for the first three years. I'd like to see him become the first kid under HCMM to show that you can really kill it at CU and not have to leave the state to be a big-time college player. CO can't support the program fully in big-time college ball, but I'd still love to see Mac build a fence around the state and at least make sure we get those kids who can contribute.

fify

I think Terran may not have been recruited by the elite programs due to his height of 6'1", but he would have had a multiple P5 offers and been much higher rated, had he had JR film and camped extensively.

We need some in-state nuggets and I think we have some kids on the roster who will shine, from Colorado.

Really think Terran is going to be the steal of the class.

Might be ready (strength & technique) to play as a true frosh. Very glad that the Buffs moved quickly with Terran once Zach Brown decided he wanted to stay in Cali. Terran always looked like a better player than Zach to me and I believe we got the better when those dominoes fell.

terran1.jpgterran1.jpg

I am not sure if this will attach. I am officially a CU Buff and I wanted to thank everyone for your encouraging words. National Signing Day was an exciting day.

During the season it was important for me to work hard to get my name out there during the recruiting process because I did not play my first 3 years of high school. So thank you for allowing me to introduce myself on your forum.

I am ready to play football. This is dream come true. Thank you again, Terran

(sorry somehow I posted 2 images)

Last edited:
Welcome Terran. Everyone's excited. Enjoy the rest of high school and show up ready to go in the fall.

Terran I could not be more excited that you are here. Your story is incredible, and the courage and strength you have shown in your recovery and return to football cannot be understated. Good luck and enjoy Boulder, it truly is one of the best places to spend your college years. I look forward to you knocking around those CO kids that have spurned the buffs the past few years.

Might be ready (strength & technique) to play as a true frosh. Very glad that the Buffs moved quickly with Terran once Zach Brown decided he wanted to stay in Cali. Terran always looked like a better player than Zach to me and I believe we got the better when those dominoes fell.

Terran may be one of the most physically ready to play in the class. Another huge factor is his support system. Going from HS to college and HS football to college football is a huge jump. Terran's dad has been through it and may be a big resource in helping him to make that adjustment as smoothly as posible.

Had he been playing earlier in high school we may have seen a parade of recruiters on his doorstep that would make the airlines happy.

Well spoken young man. You are a refreshing reminder to focus on what we have instead of what we missed out on. Put on that uniform along with all the rest of our new Buffs and just make it great!!!!!

Terran is going to be possibly the most surprising (to national recruiting analysts not to us who have been following him for the past year or so) success stories from this class. He may play as a true Frosh but even if he doesn't, assuming he stays healthy, I predict very good things for him as a Buff and with his upside potential, I would not at all be surprised to see him playing at the next level after becoming an All-American at CU.

I think all ABers are hugely rooting for this kid. How could you not?

Terran is going to be possibly the most surprising (to national recruiting analysts not to us who have been following him for the past year or so) success stories from this class. He may play as a true Frosh but even if he doesn't, assuming he stays healthy, I predict very good things for him as a Buff and with his upside potential, I would not at all be surprised to see him playing at the next level after becoming an All-American at CU.

I think all ABers are hugely rooting for this kid. How could you not?

If he can stay humble, hungry, and focused his story could be one of those ESPN OTL specials someday.

View attachment 13687View attachment 13687

I am not sure if this will attach. I am officially a CU Buff and I wanted to thank everyone for your encouraging words. National Signing Day was an exciting day.

During the season it was important for me to work hard to get my name out there during the recruiting process because I did not play my first 3 years of high school. So thank you for allowing me to introduce myself on your forum.

I am ready to play football. This is dream come true. Thank you again, Terran

(sorry somehow I posted 2 images)

Welcome to the Buffs T. Coach Mac was pretty jacked talking about you at the luncheon today.

Congrats Terran! We are excited to have you join us in the black and gold! Can't wait to see you suited up on Saturdays and contributing to the resurgence of the Buffaloes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terran, you're awesome! Glad you're a BUFF, welcome and pass your great attitude to those around. Be a positive force.

This young man's journey is a pretty compelling story to this point. I hope, when the final chapter is written, it is an epic one. It'll take really hard work but he doesn't seem lacking in that area.

[video=youtube;1zmu6l7-bUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zmu6l7-bUg[/video]

Looks like he has been hard at work, up to 33 reps of 225. That's so absurdly strong for a kid still in HS. Can't wait to see him this Fall.

Back