What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

They appear to be of the same height, but if that means 6'3 with time to grow then that's wonderful.

Hopefully, he's on the Burks & Dinwiddie growth path.

My brother went to one of his games last week. Stood on the floor as Dom walked by. Dom's 6'3 tops, according to a reliable eye-witness.

My brother went to one of his games last week. Stood on the floor as Dom walked by. Dom's 6'3 tops, according to a reliable eye-witness.

Taller than when he was Jr. So much the better; not every guard has to be 6'5 to play for Tad. I would like to see Dom add about 20 lbs of muscle and be closer to L. Smart in stature; like an NFL safety. That, along with a drop-dead jump shot, is what's needed in Boulder right now.

Taller than when he was Jr. So much the better; not every guard has to be 6'5 to play for Tad. I would like to see Dom add about 20 lbs of muscle and be closer to L. Smart in stature; like an NFL safety. That, along with a drop-dead jump shot, is what's needed in Boulder right now.

Collier doesn't really NEED to add 20lbs. He doesn't need to play like smart either. He's not a big guard who's going to crash the lane every attempt he has. He's a great distributor and all around player. But a few weeks in the weight room would hurt.

I heard Dom has recently taken over the last 5 games or so in terms of scoring. Someone said they are playing without a scorer who is out right now, but I think it's because Taddy told him to focus on scoring at will.

but can he shoot the 3?

So far Dom is 47 for 120 on 3pt shots in his senior year, good for 39%. I would have liked to see a 45% clip or above, but we have to figure he's garnering a heck of a lot of attention from opposing defenses.

but can he shoot the 3?

Oc76TyUMl0KRmi_Gm2xRlQ2.gif

His teammate, Ronnie Harrell, jumped to #71

Which is a bit ridiculous. ESPN had never evaluated Ronnie, watch him for one day against CO kids, and suddenly he's a top 100 player? Makes no sense, and that's coming from a huge fan of Ronnie as a prospect.

It is not worth discussing ESPN ratings ITT.

Honestly, I hate bagging on rankings because it's cliché, but with ESPN it's true. If the guys are outside of the top 50, ESPN doesn't really have much info on them. Always go with Rivals & Scout over them.

Which is a bit ridiculous. ESPN had never evaluated Ronnie, watch him for one day against CO kids, and suddenly he's a top 100 player? Makes no sense, and that's coming from a huge fan of Ronnie as a prospect.
According to Rivals, he hasn't signed an LOI yet. Would he be with going after if Spencer leaves?

He did not show well in front of ESPN at the Pangos Colorado camp a few months back. He couldn't hit anything from the outside whatsoever.

I saw him at the Jayhawk Invitational in the summer, and wasn't really wowed by his offense. Does look like he could be an elite defender at the college level tho, or at least that's the first impression I get every time I watch him.

Know he had some injuries in AAU that effected that; dunno if that was the case for the Pangos Colorado camp.

I was a bit surprised myself, but happy for Ronnie and the Denver East program in general.

averages this year:

24 points per game
46% field goal percentage
38% 3 pointer percentage
79% free throw percentage
4.35 rebounds per game
4 assists per game
3.5 steal per game
2.7 turnovers per game

averages this year:

24 points per game
46% field goal percentage
38% 3 pointer percentage
79% free throw percentage
4.35 rebounds per game
4 assists per game
3.5 steal per game
2.7 turnovers per game

We are going to love the 2014-15 team. Guard depth (finally) and a national Top 10 front court.

So Denver East played Omaha Central in Grand Island, NE last Saturday. Wish I'd have known about, I would have made the 2 hour drive. Dom had 29 in the game, and 15 in the fourth to erase a double figure lead for Central. Central did end up winning though. Harrell had 11 despite shooting 10 3's.

Hopefully this will post. Dom goes hard at the rim about halfway through the video. Didn't know he had it in him.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?v=V88E6LNAyIY

Back