What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

Congrats to Josh as he finally got his fourth star from Rivals and comes in at #69 in their top 100 for 2014. Well deserved. And now that Yung is at 247, I'd expect them to have a ranking on him by their next update as well. So if we can just get ESPN to get their **** together, he'll finally be accurately represented.

William_Whelan Just spoke to 2014 PG Josh Perkins. Lists a top five of Colorado, Arizona State, Wake Forest, Stanford, Northern Colorado, no leader yet.

"Northern Colorado" ??? ... how come that seems like the wrong UNC to me?

They've probably been on him for years. He probably likes them but doesn't know who his fifth is, so he just threw them in.

Perkins & Collier are #1A and #1B on my wish list right now.

They've probably been on him for years. He probably likes them but doesn't know who his fifth is, so he just threw them in.

Yep. You see some of the smaller schools pop up on the younger players, since some of the local schools have usually been in on them longer. There's no way UNC is in the running when it comes to decision time though.

It may also be that he has friends who go there or will be going there. He may have some influence of the feminine persuasion as well. It may also be that he has an AAU coach or HS coach or trusted teacher who has strong UNC ties that has been in his ear.

I agree with you that when decision time comes UNC is very unlikely to be in the picture but with HS kids stranger things have happened so I wouldn't call it 100%.

And this is a good time to remind people that I just go by what the profiles have listed (Scout, Rivals, 247 and ESPN). I have zero doubt that some of these on every profile are wrong, but it's just the easiest way to deal with "reported offers".

Thanks Yng. And thanks for the great work lately. The move to 247 has been great for you.

And this is a good time to remind people that I just go by what the profiles have listed (Scout, Rivals, 247 and ESPN). I have zero doubt that some of these on every profile are wrong, but it's just the easiest way to deal with "reported offers".

Thanks Yng. And thanks for the great work lately. The move to 247 has been great for you.

Appreciate it, been busy trying to get their basketball stuff going with the database etc. Still a ways away but I'm working on it.

Hat tip to ESPN for finally pulling their head out of their ass. Perkins is the #59 player in the nation and is finally a 4*.

See, you attend Buffs practice and you go up in the rankings. Congrats to Josh as Scout has him at #32 overall for the 2014 class. Kid is getting close to getting a 5th star.

That sounds about as close to a verbal commitment as you can get without actually being a verbal commit. Very encouraging.

It's still a long battle ahead of us. The article talks about how he's hoping to still hear from Duke and he actually praises ASU & Wake in there as well.

It's still a long battle ahead of us. The article talks about how he's hoping to still hear from Duke and he actually praises ASU & Wake in there as well.

OK, Duke is a real fear. I hope they don't come calling. That's the equivalent of USC, Michigan or Alabama recruiting you in Football. It's hard to win those kinds of battles. ASU and Wake, on the other hand... Tad can take those bastards.

OK, Duke is a real fear. I hope they don't come calling. That's the equivalent of USC, Michigan or Alabama recruiting you in Football. It's hard to win those kinds of battles. ASU and Wake, on the other hand... Tad can take those bastards.

BZ aint stealing a Colorado kid from us. You can set that in stone.

Back