What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR OT Shane Callahan (Signed to Colorado)

New highlight video:

[video=youtube;SEJTadEkkQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJTadEkkQs[/video]

Hey whats the deal with those damn google adds? They now seem to only pop up on video posts (like the one above) and block 1/4 of the screen. I cant figure out how to move or close them. I know they help with revenue but can we make sure they are not blocking content?

Hey whats the deal with those damn google adds? They now seem to only pop up on video posts (like the one above) and block 1/4 of the screen. I cant figure out how to move or close them. I know they help with revenue but can we make sure they are not blocking content?

I've noticed that too. If I'm not mistaken though, they go away if you're a club member. One of many reasons (in addition to my tax return just arriving) that I'm gonna pony up for a membership again. I would have done it sooner but I wanted to make sure it would last me through LOI day next year.

You can eliminate the google ads by buying a membership. $15/year will get you access to a bunch of stuff and eliminate the ads.

The ads you are referring to within the video posts are executed by YouTube, not by us, we have no controls over those, and they dont fund the site. All the other ads go away with your club membership.

New highlight video:

[video=youtube;SEJTadEkkQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJTadEkkQs[/video]

I try to be as honest as possible watching these kids' tapes and this kid looks semi-lazy certain plays along with showing poor technique. I see the upside people are raving about along with size but this youngin has a way to go. Guys aren't just going to fall over on the college level and let you lay on them.

I'd get this kid stretching a bunch, and working on power angles, bending at the knees and ankles. I'd also make him jump rope a bunch because he doesn't have the quickest feet. This kid projects as a guard at the next level because he doesn't show the quick feet necessary to work on the edges against elite pass rushers.

Last edited:
I try to be as honest as possible watching these kids' tapes and this kid looks semi-lazy certain plays along with showing poor technique. I see the upside people are raving about along with size but this youngin has a way to go. Guys aren't just going to fall over on the college level and let you lay on them.

I'd get this kid stretching a bunch, and working on power angles, bending at the knees and ankles. I'd also make him jump rope a bunch because he doesn't have the quickest feet. This kid projects as a guard at the next level because he doesn't project the quick feet to work on the edges against elite pass rushers.

I definitely think Thurston is the more athletic of the in-state prospects. Love them both, though. Callahan's a mauler who has pretty good feet and really great hands. I could see Callahan being a Ryan Miller type for us. And comparing him to a multi-year starter with multiple times on the all-conference team and an NFL career in front of him is high praise for a junior in high school, so I hope I'm not over-selling him here. I just really like Callahan.

From what I've seen, I think Blacken will be happy with Callahan's size & power and will focus more on agility, balance and core strength. This could be a guy who plays early and well for us.

More highlights (or at least a shorter video):

[video=youtube;pxJBUsdrpMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJBUsdrpMM[/video]

Love the idea of having a group of big, quality athletes up front. Doesn't matter what offense you are running, games are won at the line of scrimmage. Best defense is one sitting on the sidelines watching the offense pound the ball down the field for TDs.

This guy looks like a great fit for the new offense. Big and strong enough to be a mauler, agile enough to move to the guy he's going to maul.

Think Callahan is going to be our next commit.

That would be big. I know I'm a broken record here, but I'll say it again. The #1 priority for in-state recruiting must be for the Buffs to get commitments from the top 2 OLs every single year. That's the foundation. Callahan is currently a 4* on Scout and he is likely to get the same grade on Rivals. Absolutely huge for us to sign him.

BB - we had known he was a CU lean, but did you hear something new?

That would be big. I know I'm a broken record here, but I'll say it again. The #1 priority for in-state recruiting must be for the Buffs to get commitments from the top 2 OLs every single year. That's the foundation. Callahan is currently a 4* on Scout and he is likely to get the same grade on Rivals. Absolutely huge for us to sign him.

BB - we had known he was a CU lean, but did you hear something new?

I always thought Notre Dame was the only real threat here. The fact he still has not been offered by them is going to make the decision easy for Callahan. I think if you get him around the other commits and the in-state players at Junior Day and he will pull the trigger.

Now if Notre Dame offers him soon, that will drag out the recruitment a bit.

Reported yesterday by Adam on Rivals that Callahan is attending the CU Spring Game on April 9th.

:thumbsup:

Good news comes in bunches. Starting to think we may get more than 1 commit this saturday.

adamcm777 Highly regarded Parker (Colo.) Chaparral offensive tackle Shane Callahan has a top three of Colorado, Auburn and Vanderbilt. #CUBuffs #Buffs

Last edited by a moderator:
adamcm777 Highly regarded Parker (Colo.) Chaparral offensive tackle Shane Callahan has a top three of Colorado, Auburn and Vanderbilt. #CUBuffs #Buffs

Vandy??? They are really getting after it on the recruiting front, but I see this one as a two-horse race. War Eagles, you are going down...I hope.

Feeling good about this one. Vandy is a good school and Auburn is... well they have nice uniforms I guess but Cu will give him the opportunity to play against his brother.

Last edited:
Good luck to him at Auburn. I'm sure BB is a happy camper right now. :smile2:

This one is going to last a while. My guess is he visits for at least one game this fall.

But yeah, I am really disappointed with the in-state recruiting. Colorado is getting raided this year... again. It is one thing to lose some players here and there, but all the top players are leaving this year outside of Norgard. If Thurston picks somewhere else (and that seems to be where the momentum is heading), we got issues.

BTW, losing Jeff Grimes still stings.

Good luck to Calahan, he is a very good player. But looking at the players available in out of state recruiting and also instate, CU is still in very good shape.

Very disappointing even though I expected this to happen this weekend.

Very disappointing even though I expected this to happen this weekend.

...come on everyone - it's only May. CU hasn't even shown CO's top prospects how the new team is going to play yet.

I don't follow football recruiting nearly as much as many of you, but I think we lose Kozan and O' Conner. Thurston and Callahan will eventually choose to play close to home - they'll probably come to Boulder for a few games unofficially this season...at the least. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This isn't over. Bottom line is, Embree has to come out and show people that CU is for real. They a seriously tough schedule but also a seriously damn good opportunity to put themselves back on the map with primetime matchups against Ohio State, all of the California teams, along with Oregon and UW. I think Embree has done everything right trying to recruit the in-state kids, they just haven't bought in quickly and have had many suitors. The season is going to separate the contenders from pretenders and I imagine with that, the recruiting have's and have not's.

Scott has done a great job marketing the Pac 10/12, expansion, TV deal, along with the proposed championship game. His reign over the Pac 12 conference is going to move all of it's teams into a better, more national phase of recruiting. I expect all of the teams to get some bonus from that.

Also, Auburn's going to get pounded next year. They'll be lucky to not finish in 5th or 6th in the SEC West and the NCAA looms over their championship season. Outside of a few cupcake games, I don't see them winning much against the big boys:

Sept. 3 UTAH STATE (W)
Sept. 10 MISSISSIPPI STATE (L) Upset? Not so much. MSU is for real.
Sept. 17 at Clemson (L)
Sept. 24 FLORIDA ATLANTIC (W)
Oct. 1 at South Carolina (L)
Oct. 8 at Arkansas (L)
Oct. 15 FLORIDA (L)
Oct. 22 at LSU (L)
Oct. 29 OLE MISS (W?)
Nov. 12 at Georgia (L)
Nov. 19 SAMFORD [HC] (W)
Nov. 26 ALABAMA (L)

4-8. Come back home Shane.

Wish him well good luck need to revise my wish list. The good news is that there are alot of good prospects from the west.

Back