What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR OT Shane Callahan (Signed to Colorado)

Saw this Embree quote from a couple weeks ago at cuatthegame.com, don’t know what site it’s originally from. Not referring to Callahan specifically, just recruits in general.

There are some guys who are jersey chasers. They just want to go be on the team and then you`ve got guys who want to go make something happen and be a part of something special. Those are the kids you kind of get a feel for as you go through this process. They`re waiting to see how many offers they get and then go to the highest ranked school at the end. What they don`t understand is college football is cyclical.

This isn't over. Bottom line is, Embree has to come out and show people that CU is for real. They a seriously tough schedule but also a seriously damn good opportunity to put themselves back on the map with primetime matchups against Ohio State, all of the California teams, along with Oregon and UW. I think Embree has done everything right trying to recruit the in-state kids, they just haven't bought in quickly and have had many suitors. The season is going to separate the contenders from pretenders and I imagine with that, the recruiting have's and have not's.

Scott has done a great job marketing the Pac 10/12, expansion, TV deal, along with the proposed championship game. His reign over the Pac 12 conference is going to move all of it's teams into a better, more national phase of recruiting. I expect all of the teams to get some bonus from that.

Also, Auburn's going to get pounded next year. They'll be lucky to not finish in 5th or 6th in the SEC West and the NCAA looms over their championship season. Outside of a few cupcake games, I don't see them winning much against the big boys:

Sept. 3 UTAH STATE (W)
Sept. 10 MISSISSIPPI STATE (L) Upset? Not so much. MSU is for real.
Sept. 17 at Clemson (L)
Sept. 24 FLORIDA ATLANTIC (W)
Oct. 1 at South Carolina (L)
Oct. 8 at Arkansas (L)
Oct. 15 FLORIDA (L)
Oct. 22 at LSU (L)
Oct. 29 OLE MISS (W?)
Nov. 12 at Georgia (L)
Nov. 19 SAMFORD [HC] (W)
Nov. 26 ALABAMA (L)

4-8. Come back home Shane.

Steele picked Auburn to finish 6th in the SEC W fwiw

Much rather lose To Auburn right now. OOC plus I feel confident the NCAA will file against them by Feb 1.

Instead of just hoping for Auburn to fail and give us Callahan, maybe it is time to Marshall to actually land some players. Callahan may have been awe-struck by Auburn winning the national championship, but he picked them because of Jeff Grimes first and foremost.

Instead of just hoping for Auburn to fail and give us Callahan, maybe it is time to Marshall to actually land some players. Callahan may have been awe-struck by Auburn winning the national championship, but he picked them because of Jeff Grimes first and foremost.

I am frankly hoping Cu shows they are no longer pussies on the field and that is what wins players over instead of other teams sucking.

I am frankly hoping Cu shows they are no longer pussies on the field and that is what wins players over instead of other teams sucking.

:nod:

But I'll take all the help I can get. If the USC sanctions, Neuheisal's failure at UCLA, sanctions coming at Auburn & Ohio State, and hopefully another sub-par year for UT all contribute to a boost in CU recruiting... let's just say I won't be crying in my beer.

:nod:

But I'll take all the help I can get. If the USC sanctions, Neuheisal's failure at UCLA, sanctions coming at Auburn & Ohio State, and hopefully another sub-par year for UT all contribute to a boost in CU recruiting... let's just say I won't be crying in my beer.

mmm beer. (I'm working today, so it sounds amazing). Got good and day drunk yesterday for the champions league game.

Man the in state recruiting is terrible so far under the new staff. Hard to give up on them on that front so far, but last class didn't hurt as much with Willingham and Berglund getting into stupid crap has lessened that pain. This class however, we look to have 6 4*s in state and we very well may miss on all 6.

Man the in state recruiting is terrible so far under the new staff. Hard to give up on them on that front so far, but last class didn't hurt as much with Willingham and Berglund getting into stupid crap has lessened that pain. This class however, we look to have 6 4*s in state and we very well may miss on all 6.

Not the biggest fan of the instate class, CU will be fine, still alot of elite players out there looking for schools.

Not the biggest fan of the instate class, CU will be fine, still alot of elite players out there looking for schools.

That is a ridiculous statement. This in-state class is loaded, especially with regards to offensive linemen. Losing elite OT prospects out of your own backyard is not something we need right now.

Still a few good OL prospects from colorado left right? Thought marshall would be better. CU needs to at least get a couple of the top kids in-state each year.

Only june, we'll s..oh nevermind.

Still a few good OL prospects from colorado left right? Thought marshall would be better. CU needs to at least get a couple of the top kids in-state each year.

Only june, we'll s..oh nevermind.
Yeah but Thurston's really the only one that's shown much interest from what I've read but if Auburn has a mediocre season I could see Callahan de-committing. Most recruits are going to need to see the on the field product before they start committing.

I've maintained since day 1 that Thurston was the better of the two between he and Callahan. He better long term potential at a hugh position of need, left-tackle. He's still on the board and it sounds like we're still in the thick of it. If we land him, there won't be much sting for me with Callahan other than it would have been nice to pick up all the talented guys in-state. If we lose Thurston too, it will seem like a much bigger deal.

I still don't think this thing is done though. If CU has some success on the field and Auburn struggles, local pressure might build on the kid to reconsider.

I have always liked Callahan, but didn't have him above Thurston. But numerous people from other boards whose opinions I trust keep saying that Callahan has ridiculous upside. He's a massive human being who is pulling it together with his technique. Should be dominant once he's fully developed.

I'm still holding out hope that we are able to flip him. He has always been high on CU. Hopefully he comes around and decides to be among the guys who leads our Buffs back to the top.

With all the stuff flying around Auburn, I would tend to think that he may reconsider this commitment. I have absolutely no inside information, just a feeling that this isn't over. I don't think any verbal to Auburn should be considered solid at this point.

Ship has sailed imo. He seems rock solid in his latest rivals interview, and will be an EE

Doesn't help that Auburn is playing better than expected this year. Hope we can somehow flip Thurston, but these blowout losses aren't helping.

Good for Shane. Couldn't help but feel like he was chiding CU with some of his comments. Something to the effect, "This is how a real college program looks and feels..."

As I've stated, it sucks, but we'll find somebody else who will fill the role.

With the recent departure of Malzahn, does this create an opening to swoop in on this kid at the last minute?

Back