What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA RB Donald Gordon (Signed to COLORADO)

Millikan was defeated by crosstown rival and powerhouse Long Beach Poly 57-0. As far as I can tell Gordon had:

7 carries for 14 yards

Any updates here? He's the only RB in the class but there doesn't seem to be much buzz at all around him. He seems like an athlete but also seems like someone who could end up signing somewhere else in Feb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates here? He's the only RB in the class but there doesn't seem to be much buzz at all around him. He seems like an athlete but also seems like someone who could end up signing somewhere else in Feb?

Not much buzz because there aren't many, if any, stats available online for his school.

need to hang on to this guy also. CU needs to have some kids come in that can compete and push immediately. Needs 2 to 3 more backs this next season.

I'll add him to the visitor list. Excited about this guy.

[tweet]542173246121332737[/tweet]

Excited as well Nik.

Frustrating that there aren't stats for him out there. I have found some info though.

Artesia W 50-7: 25car, 335yds, 6TD
Aliso Niguel W 20-6: N/A
Western W 47-3: 1st Half; 8car, 170yds, 2TD 2nd Half; 1TD no other info
After 3 games: 688yds, 10TD's
Downey L 14-6: 16car, 72yds
Compton W 27-6: 1 Drive available;5car, 56yds, 1 TD
Cabrillo L 26-13: 15car, 45yds (article says Cabrillo stretched plays horizontally and were able to contain gordon)
Woodrow Wilson W 48-27: 17car, 121yds, 2TD
Jordan W 12-9: N/A
Long Beach Poly L 57-0: 7car, 14yds
Lakewood L 28-14: N/A

So he had a minimum of 93car, 996yds, 13TD

From reading the game recaps that were available, it sounds like Millikan had a stable of running backs and they rotated through them often. Even though Gordon was the senior and the standout, it sounds like the coach was either limiting his carries on purpose or believed in the RB by committee approach.

Last edited:
Excited as well Nik.

Frustrating that there aren't stats for him out there. I have found some info though.

Artesia: 25car, 335yds, 6TD
Aliso Niguel: N/A
Western: 1st Half; 8car, 170yds, 2TD 2nd Half; 1TD no other info
After 3 games: 688yds, 10TD's
Downey: 16car, 72yds
Compton: 1 Drive available;5car, 56yds, 1 TD
Cabrillo: 15car, 45yds (article says Cabrillo stretched plays horizontally and were able to contain gordon)
Woodrow Wilson: 17car, 121yds, 2TD
Jordan: N/A
Long Beach Poly: 7car, 14yds (LBP won this game 57-0)
Lakewood: N/A

So he had a minimum of 93car, 996yds, 13TD

From reading the game recaps that were available, it sounds like Millikan had a stable of running backs and they rotated through them often. Even though Gordon was the senior and the standout, it sounds like the coach was either limiting his carries on purpose or believed in the RB by committee approach.
Thanks. rep.

SWEET ! my favorite BUFF in this class so far, gotta hang onto. Lovn' the weather in Boulder today.

Californians have been fleeing to Colorado for the weather for generations; this week just amplifies the reasons why.

I hope Donald comes ready to play? Don't see room to add anymore kids and no more Rb's for sure. He could see the field really quick in my opinion.

I hope Donald comes ready to play? Don't see room to add anymore kids and no more Rb's for sure. He could see the field really quick in my opinion.

One would hope that Adkins, Powell and Lindsay stay healthy/productive enough to where Gordon redshirts and makes a run at the starting job in 2016... but anything can happen. Don't count out Lee as well, he's a wildcard. We could see him anywhere from RB to WR to CB.

One would hope that Adkins, Powell and Lindsay stay healthy/productive enough to where Gordon redshirts and makes a run at the starting job in 2016... but anything can happen. Don't count out Lee as well, he's a wildcard. We could see him anywhere from RB to WR to CB.

One would hope that Gordon's so good that he puts the run game on his back. Freshman RBs can do that.

Powell has stayed healthy for exactly how long in a season, Adkins has how many seasons staying healthy. I don't see how they are going to magically become durable, especially Powell with his running style and history of concussions. Lindsay stayed healthy last season after being hurt his senior year of HS but doesn't look like the kind of back to carry a heavy load throughout a season.

I'd be shocked if Gordon isn't playing next season. And we may still end up forced to use somebody like Lee if we get a rash of injuries again.

Gordon will play, and he will play a lot, IMO. I'd guess 5 touches a game, maybe more if he can catch the ball out of the backfield and block reasonably well.

His spin move will captivate the nation by his junior year.

Back