What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

I'd love to be wrong, but anyone expecting a commitment before Late Night at the Phog is probably just dreaming at this point. It's going to be a few weeks.

I'd love to be wrong, but anyone expecting a commitment before Late Night at the Phog is probably just dreaming at this point. It's going to be a few weeks.
I keep checking this thread for a solid real update and was particularly excited when I saw that Goose chimed in. Damn you! :lol:

You quoted my hope on Dorsey's thought process & turned it into my recruiting approach. You're missing the spirit of my point there, which is KU will always reload with top 10-20 players & that's not always the best place for guys in the 15-50 range to showcase their skills (e.g. Wayne Selden). Can't say I agree that Bill Self gets the best out of everyone. Wiggins was nonexistent half of last season. Certainly a top coach though.

I've mentioned all the selling points you have here in prior posts as have others. All of it is great but, it's secondary to whomever Dorsey feels will maximize his NBA stock.

I don't think the majority of KU's roster is Top 20 type talent. They have Eubre, Alexander and Selden that would fit that class, but majority of their roster are players in the 30-60 range. I don't think Wiggins was ever non-existent half of the year. His offense was very inconsistent, but that's going to happen for almost every young player. Really only seen as a disappointment, because he was being compared unfairly to LeBron/Durant.

No offense, but I think that is an odd way of looking at it. If CU somehow lands him, and are able to go on a deep tournament run, the expectation will be for the Buffs to continue to get that type of talent. If Tad lands him, I'm sure he is hoping he is the first of many 5 star talents to come to Boulder, not the only one.

I don't think the majority of KU's roster is Top 20 type talent. They have Eubre, Alexander and Selden that would fit that class, but majority of their roster are players in the 30-60 range. I don't think Wiggins was ever non-existent half of the year. His offense was very inconsistent, but that's going to happen for almost every young player. Really only seen as a disappointment, because he was being compared unfairly to LeBron/Durant.

No offense, but I think that is an odd way of looking at it. If CU somehow lands him, and are able to go on a deep tournament run, the expectation will be for the Buffs to continue to get that type of talent. If Tad lands him, I'm sure he is hoping he is the first of many 5 star talents to come to Boulder, not the only one.

I am of the opinion that the very top talent don't really care all that much about winning titles, just getting to the league. CU has sent three early entries to the NBA in four years, and found out that they had to slow-play a 4* guy in order to woo a 5* guy, who was on campus a couple of days ago. This despite not doing anything in the Tournament.

My Alma Mater, Wisconsin, has been to the Tournament 14 years in a row including a FF last year and an EE. They haven't had much luck recruiting the top guys, despite the post-season success. They lost a 5* guy from Milwaukee to UCLA, even though UCLA hasn't done much since the mid 00's. They do have a lot of guys in the NBA, though. The #4 guy in ESPN's Top 100 (Rice Lake, WI) also eliminated Wisconsin in favor of Marquette (D Wade, Wesley Matthews from Madison), Kentucky, and Michigan State. CU actually has more guys in the league that Wisconsin, although that may change after this year.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that the very top talent don't really care all that much about winning titles, just getting to the league. CU has sent three early entries to the NBA in four years, and found out that they had to slow-play a 4* guy in order to woo a 5* guy, who was on campus a couple of days ago. This despite not doing anything in the Tournament.

My Alma Mater, Wisconsin, has been to the Tournament 14 years in a row including a FF last year and an EE. They haven't had much luck recruiting the top guys, despite the post-season success. They lost a 5* guy from Milwaukee to UCLA, even though UCLA hasn't done much since the mid 00's. They do have a lot of guys in the NBA, though. The #4 guy in ESPN's Top 100 (Rice Lake, WI) also eliminated Wisconsin in favor of Marquette (D Wade, Wesley Matthews from Madison), Kentucky, and Michigan State. CU actually has more guys in the league that Wisconsin, although that may change after this year.

good point. I still have no idea why a guy like Kaminsky is coming back. I think Tad actually develops his guys, improves their draft stock and encourages them to make their own decision on when they want to enter the draft.

"Colorado went well," said Dinos Trigonis, Dorsey's AAU coach with Belmont Shore and the man mentoring the 5-Star through the recruitment process. "Tad Boyle and those guys operate low key: non-rah rah, but they've done a good job with Southern California guards."

The 6-4 floor general won't wrap-up his visits until the end of October but could make a decision shortly thereafter.

Said Trigonis, "it looks like he'll sign early but it's not guaranteed."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1684295

"Colorado went well," said Dinos Trigonis, Dorsey's AAU coach with Belmont Shore and the man mentoring the 5-Star through the recruitment process. "Tad Boyle and those guys operate low key: non-rah rah, but they've done a good job with Southern California guards."

The 6-4 floor general won't wrap-up his visits until the end of October but could make a decision shortly thereafter.

Said Trigonis, "it looks like he'll sign early but it's not guaranteed."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1684295

Sounds like it went so-so. Leaving a lot of doubt.

Sounds like it went so-so. Leaving a lot of doubt.

Tough to get a read when Dorsey's not giving interviews and it's the AAU coach reporting. He sounded very "so-so" on Oregon in the article and higher on CU. My read is that the AAU coach probably leans toward KU. No one could fault him that direction for being a bad mentor and, selfishly, it's more prestigious for the AAU program that it placed a kid at KU. That said, CU's got a good relationship with him and there's a lot to be said for exposure of the player in the Pac-12 in terms of building that AAU, friends & family of Dorsey getting to see more games, etc. Besides, the NBA is where the ultimate prestige bump comes from, and the likelihood of that happening is the same regardless of whether Dorsey chooses to play for KU/Self or CU/Boyle.

I think the Buffs are underdogs. But I think there's some fight in this dog.

I really like how he said we've done a good job with SoCal Guards.

I never said the majority of the roster is top 20 talent--just that they always reload with top 10-20 talent. And he's already been burned once by that. So, that could help. These guys look at Rivals, ESPN etc. too.

Not sure how it's odd to think 5 star players are putting a priority on getting to the NBA ASAP. Naive to think otherwise.

There's a sound argument to be made that CU is his best route, but I'm sure that wasn't Tad's approach. The AAU coach is right. Tad/CU BB is relatively low-key. It won't appeal to some of the most pampered prospects, but the results speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Interesting the ASU publisher got an interview from him. He said he likes Sendek and is looking forward to his official visit.

No mention of CU specifically other than

To date Dorsey, a one-time Arizona commit, has visited Oregon and Colorado.Kansas and Arizona State will be the next schools he trips to this week and next.California is scheduled as the destination of his fifth and last official visit on October 24th. Nonetheless, even after all his official visits have concluded it’s not a given that Dorsey will sign in the early November signing period.“Those are my top five schools and I don’t like one or two schools more than the others,” Dorsey stated. “I’m taking this recruiting process all the way through and doing my homework. At this point I’m not sure if I will sign in November or April.“When I choose a school I will go with my gut feeling and what is the best situation for me. I’m going to look at which coach I vibe with the most.”

How on Earth did you reach that conclusion?
Animal_House_Rolling.jpg

I don't have a 247 sub to see the whole list - but it looks like Dorsey will be one of 16 recruits at KU's Late Night in the Phog

[tweet]519521000007143425[/tweet]

Back