What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

Listing to Buff Stampede radio and our local Rivals guys are very high on Montez. Adam actually said he is among the most exciting and promising QBs we have brought in (based on what they have seen including him throwing on campus) in the 10+ years he has been covering Buffs football

http://www.podbean.com/media/player...-summer-for-buffs%2F/initByJs/1/auto/1?skin=2

RK really sounded high on Montez.

Also, Okie Lite just got their QB so if anyone was worried on that front that was positive news.

Listing to Buff Stampede radio and our local Rivals guys are very high on Montez. Adam actually said he is among the most exciting and promising QBs we have brought in (based on what they have seen including him throwing on campus) in the 10+ years he has been covering Buffs football

http://www.podbean.com/media/player...-summer-for-buffs%2F/initByJs/1/auto/1?skin=2

As much as I love Sefo, this is not exactly the highest of bars to get over.

That said, I'm so excited for Montez given what I've seen in his film and heard about him. I think he's going to be good.

Ok. Go back and look at the tape of Connor Wood and compare it to the Montez tape. If the kid in the CW tape is a 4*, then the kid in the SM tape is a 7*. I am basically a believer in the star system, but when I see things like this it is hard to explain. The only thing I can think of is Wood was some kind of workout/camp superstar and Montez hasn't done much on that scene. If you look at the football players on the film, Montez is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

I don't mean this to be a slight toward CW, just my opinion watching the two films.

Ok. Go back and look at the tape of Connor Wood and compare it to the Montez tape. If the kid in the CW tape is a 4*, then the kid in the SM tape is a 7*. I am basically a believer in the star system, but when I see things like this it is hard to explain. The only thing I can think of is Wood was some kind of workout/camp superstar and Montez hasn't done much on that scene. If you look at the football players on the film, Montez is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

I don't mean this to be a slight toward CW, just my opinion watching the two films.
It's been said a lot but Montez's issue is where he lives. Adam from BS was talking about how if he lived in a big metro he'd be much more highly rated and would have a lot more offers.

Tini beat me to it, but the issue is level of competition. CW played in Houston with some of the best high schools in the state. Montez plays in El Paso where the level of competition is not necessarily the same caliber. Montez is a stud and I am sure if he played in Dallas or Houston we would be on the outside looking in, but his location is where you see the discrepancy.

Tini beat me to it, but the issue is level of competition. CW played in Houston with some of the best high schools in the state. Montez plays in El Paso where the level of competition is not necessarily the same caliber. Montez is a stud and I am sure if he played in Dallas or Houston we would be on the outside looking in, but his location is where you see the discrepancy.

Not really. He went to 2nd Baptist High School.

Not really. He went to 2nd Baptist High School.

Yeah, Connor Wood looked really good on tape and in practice. He was big, athletic, and had a good arm. He could also deliver strikes down the field. He looked like a stud until the pass rush got in his head.

Yeah, Connor Wood looked really good on tape and in practice. He was big, athletic, and had a good arm. He could also deliver strikes down the field. He looked like a stud until the pass rush got in his head.
And with our O line...he had a lot to think about.

With all this young talent coming in, and the 2015 class looking so good so far, I am getting psyched for 2016 :nod:

ESPN has some testing results on Montez now:

40-yard: 4.75
Shuttle: 4.22
Vertical: 29.0
Power Throw: 35.0
SPARQ: 87.39

I really like that 40, but the shuttle really makes me happy for a 6'5" kid. He's quicker than fast, which I'd almost always prefer. Not sure what's up with that vertical, but the power throw is really good.

Montez showed some athleticism with this.

I really like that 40, but the shuttle really makes me happy for a 6'5" kid. He's quicker than fast, which I'd almost always prefer. Not sure what's up with that vertical, but the power throw is really good.

Gravity maybe?

I believe these are all electronic timed?

Montez went 21/29 (72 percent) for 256 yards and 3 TDs in a 43-15 season-opening win on Friday. No rushing attempts per Maxpreps, which falls in line with his coach saying he's too valuable to get hurt so they don't run him much.

FLounder, that post was unnecessary. Please refrain from doing that in the future.

Montez went 21/29 (72 percent) for 256 yards and 3 TDs in a 43-15 season-opening win on Friday. No rushing attempts per Maxpreps, which falls in line with his coach saying he's too valuable to get hurt so they don't run him much.

Solid

Back