What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

I know that OSU has had more success than CU recently, but Macintyre and Lindgren have shown at SJS and CU that they run a QB friendly offense that will get you the stats to get you noticed by the NFL. Plus, OSU is still in Stoolwater last time I checked.

Fify

I know that OSU has had more success than CU recently, but Macintyre and Lindgren have shown at SJS and CU that they run a QB friendly offense that will get you the stats to get you noticed by the NFL. Plus, OSU is still in Stillwater last time I checked.
But you get that really good education in OK though :)

Any one find a good article about his game this weekend? I can't find anything online that gives any real info. If he really did throw for 9 TDs that has to be in the local press. Haven't seen anything on Rivals yet.

Like many others on AB, I have been stoked about Montez from the beginning. I think he stays loyal to his commitment (last I heard Okie Lite already has another QB signed for this class too) and I think he ends up being a multi-year starter for us. He has all the tools to make our offense hum.

Gotta hang on to Montez. This guy at QB with a real run threat and an OL that can block = bright future for the BUFFS, IMO

Oops sorry, confirms nine touchdown passes. Basic membership used to be a freebee but I'm don't know about now.
I don´t understand how a HS QB in Texas could throw for 9 TDs in the game and there is jack **** in the local media about it. I would have thought that could have gotten a nice column in a local paper. Maybe it did but it is not online or Google doesn´t find it. I am so curious about his performance and numbers from that game.

I don´t understand how a HS QB in Texas could throw for 9 TDs in the game and there is jack **** in the local media about it. I would have thought that could have gotten a nice column in a local paper. Maybe it did but it is not online or Google doesn´t find it. I am so curious about his performance and numbers from that game.

From what I can gather, El Paso is like the Julesburg of Texas.

Well if he did it against Allen or like Southlake Carroll, it would be everywhere. El Paso is usually pretty quiet on the football front. Actually better for us it isn't showing up, just keep him in the fold.

[tweet]516665949504946176[/tweet]

9 TD's but only 280 yards makes me think those were a lot of very short TD passes. Not that I have a problem with that. Just something that jumps out at me when I saw those stats.

Remember, on the stat sheet, a swing pass to a RB out of the backfield that breaks five tackles and scores looks just the same as a 45 yard pass to a WR who has one step on the defender along the sidelines.

9 TD's but only 280 yards makes me think those were a lot of very short TD passes. Not that I have a problem with that. Just something that jumps out at me when I saw those stats.

Remember, on the stat sheet, a swing pass to a RB out of the backfield that breaks five tackles and scores looks just the same as a 45 yard pass to a WR who has one step on the defender along the sidelines.

9, dude. 9.

There's no other way to slice that except that it was a monster performance in 3 quarters of action.

9 TDs on pace for 12 and 280 yards on pace for 350 yards passing.

I'll take 350 yards passing and 12 tds against pretty much any competition.

Shortest was three yards, I think the longest was 25 according to the report on Max Preps.
There was also a small clip that said their defense turned in a dominating performance. He probably had a short field to work with for most of the game. That same clip said Del Valle would not be challenged until the playoffs.

Glad he is on board with a verbal. Great kid from a solid program.

As long as he is finding the right guy who puts the ball in the end zone I don't care how long the pass is.

I think we are in good shape with the kid. He doesn't seem like the kind to break a commitment.

And we can joke about him "being a man" but if Gundy is interested that tells me something. He knows more than most coaches about effective college QB play.

I know I'm not a quarterback evaluation guru.

But I've just been watching Montez's highlights (finally got around to it). Love the height. Love the way he moves in the open field to avoid tacklers. Love the accuracy and the deep ball. Love that he can gun it when necessary.

I like this prospect better than any of the non-elites we have profiled.

Am I crazy? This does not look at all like a 2* prospect to me.

I guess we'll find out if he follows through with his plans to camp at CU on June 18th.

Rivals article: https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1645874
Well, those are really 2 different issues :lol:

He looks like a gamer. Like the height, he'll put on weight. Speed isn't bad either. I could see this kid jumping Cade for starter in 2017.

Well, those are really 2 different issues :lol:

He looks like a gamer. Like the height, he'll put on weight. Speed isn't bad either. I could see this kid jumping Cade for starter in 2017.

He could push Sefo in 2016... assuming he is as good as he appears to be.

I really hope he's good enough to push Sefo in 2016, cause that would be one hell of a player.

9, dude. 9.

There's no other way to slice that except that it was a monster performance in 3 quarters of action.

I'm not disputing that. I'm merely trying to piece together some context. 9 TDs with only 280 yards with only 20 completions. Those were 9 pretty short passes. In a lot of ways, that's even better. It's harder to complete passes in the red zone. I'm not complaining, just diving into the stats a little in order to get a better picture of how the game played out.

I really hope he's good enough to push Sefo in 2016, cause that would be one hell of a player.

A redshirt freshman pushing an established three year starter is nearly unheard of. It can happen, but I can't think of an example. Especially with the way Sefo has progressed this year. You'd have to expect that by the time he's a senior, he'll be able to run this offense in his sleep.

A redshirt freshman pushing an established three year starter is nearly unheard of. It can happen, but I can't think of an example. Especially with the way Sefo has progressed this year. You'd have to expect that by the time he's a senior, he'll be able to run this offense in his sleep.

Simms/Applewhite? Didn't look it up, but didn't Major start for 2 years before Phil started blowing Mack?

Simms/Applewhite? Didn't look it up, but didn't Major start for 2 years before Phil started blowing Mack?

That's a good example, and it is also a good example of why you don't let something like that happen. Simms was the #1 recruit in the country that year, so I'm sure there was some pressure to get him on the field.

Just having the ability to have a very talented RS-Sophomore come in and lead our program in a few years says a lot about how far we've come.

I wish we could have redshirted Sefo and traded his best year for his worst year.

It would awesome if he could push Sefo. That would mean we have multiple excellent options. I'm excited to see this kid in the black and gold. I think he's gonna be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back