What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 WBB TX PG Kennedy Leonard (Signed to Colorado)

All-state! Congratulations Kennedy!
[tweet]576122309670387712[/tweet]

No surprise - she really is a quality and unique talent. I do think she'll be able to score at the DI level, but she'll do a lot more than that.

Nice find Idot!!!
Only one thing .... her hs coach says : "Carroll coach Teri Morrison said. “I believe Kennedy reached her full potential her senior season.”". I hope Kennedy has NOT reached her full potential and still has more room to grow. The Buffs need her to keep improving. I really think she will bring a moxie to this team that they really, really need.

Nice find Idot!!!
Only one thing .... her hs coach says : "Carroll coach Teri Morrison said. “I believe Kennedy reached her full potential her senior season.”". I hope Kennedy has NOT reached her full potential and still has more room to grow. The Buffs need her to keep improving. I really think she will bring a moxie to this team that they really, really need.

Agreed, BeBe. Very odd thing to say about an 18 YO athlete. My opinion is that even if she has physically reached her potential, which I doubt, she can still become a better player.

Nice find Idot!!!

I would assume that her coach meant that in the limited context of what the goals & expectations were for Kennedy's senior year in high school, not a statement meant to say that she has no room for improvement or capacity to improve.

Agreed, BeBe. Very odd thing to say about an 18 YO athlete. My opinion is that even if she has physically reached her potential, which I doubt, she can still become a better player.

I always see quotes like this as the coach complementing the athlete that they reached their RELATIVE peak/ potential with their team in their last year; In other words, they kept improving. I don't take it as the coach saying she's reached her ABSOLUTE peak/ potential as a basketball player, which will hopefully be with the Buffs or maybe even professionally.

I know I've stated this repeatedly, but she has an unusual set of skills; in a some senses like Chucky. No, she isn't a rebounder, but she will be able to score as well as assist with equal effectiveness, has a good ball handling skills, and is highly confident. With her club team she played with and against the best. She knows how to use screens and can hit from both long and medium range. Of course she can get the ball to teammates in transition as well. She is versatile (she can play the 2 guard) and thus could team with Brecca in the back court.

Yes, I believe she is a "difference maker/game changer."

Last edited:
Looks like, as with the men's team, the Buff women hoopsters are also arriving early for a full summer (???) in Boulder. Hope they have a fun and productive time. And, special welcome to the freshmen and the transfer!

[tweet]604400899100827648[/tweet]

[tweet]604414156146483200[/tweet]

Go Buffs! :gobuffs:

There was a picture of entire team "getting to know each other" on Instagram last night.

Back