What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 WY ATH Tevis Bartlett (Verbal to Washington)

Bartlett's quotes on Rivals were very telling in my opinion. To paraphrase, he said Seattle isn't Cheyenne. It's something completely different and he wanted to get out of his comfort zone.

Maybe it's just my interpretation, but all this conjecture about other factors like wrestling etc. is just noise. I think the kid just wanted to go someplace different and Seattle provided that, along with a fine education and a decent football team.
That makes sense and, hopefully, CU can become a place where talented kids will come to experience something different. Cal kids. Hawaiian kids. Texas kids. Colorado has always had an allure to young people from other places.

The only one putting words in other people's mouths is you. I don't care about population, the culture of Cheyenne and Boulder are light years apart. You're fooling yourself if you won't admit that. At some point, we as a fan base need to admit that we're just flat out losing these battles, rather than finding reasons that we were at a disadvantage throughout the process. Kudos to Washington. Our staff needs to step up. And you can stop pretending to know what I'm thinking because you're still raw over something that someone else said to you previously.

CU lost this recruiting battle. No doubt.

Bartlett gave a reason that he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. So what he said does point to going from the Front Range to the coastal Pacific Northwest and from a small city to one of the largest cities in the country.

I think we have a good understanding of the thought process that went into Bartlett's decision.

It's also true that the reason Bartlett gave does not sound like some insurmountable thing and that if our coaches had made a big impression then he would have just as readily given a different reason to explain why he chose to come to Boulder.

CU lost this recruiting battle. No doubt.

Bartlett gave a reason that he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. So what he said does point to going from the Front Range to the coastal Pacific Northwest and from a small city to one of the largest cities in the country.

I think we have a good understanding of the thought process that went into Bartlett's decision.

It's also true that the reason Bartlett gave does not sound like some insurmountable thing and that if our coaches had made a big impression then he would have just as readily given a different reason to explain why he chose to come to Boulder.

Agreed completely Nik. I don't see that as insurmountable at all. Is it part of the thought process? Sure? Do I think that was the final deciding factor? Eh...I think it played a part and the kid gives a good interview for the writer for the in-state school.

I would have have liked this guy to come to CU but just going to be blunt here. Are we really getting upset and arguing about a kid from wyoming? Time to move on from this thread. I'm sure he is a great kid but he will likely never see much playing times at UW. He had a chance to come here and hit the field early. I doubt he will play a down against us in the future.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't see the point in wasting any more time on a kid from wyoming. It's like the kid from the country who gets a taste of big city life. Yawn.

Think you're wrong here. Kid is a beast and if he played outside WY would be a national recruit.

Seattle le has an ocean. I know that would appeal to my kids. Totally different climate and a big city. It ain't Longmont. But that was the tie- breaker perhaps. I'm sure the kid noticed their Defense was top notch and there 3 All-Americans.

he obviously went to Seattle during one of their 10 sunny days a year, when that place is amazing.

Why is there so much conversation on this kid? He went somewhere else.....Good bye good luck. He is not & will not be a superstar.

Why is there so much conversation on this kid? He went somewhere else.....Good bye good luck. He is not & will not be a superstar.
Arguably a top 10 player on the coaches' board, regardless of position. Pretty important recruit.

I agree, being at this age I understand the college process more indepthly than most of you(sans fight, tini and slider).

The kid chose elsewhere. Good luck to him. He'll have fun in Seattle.

Just not as much as he would have in boulder. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

College student here. Hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sense is that this kid would not renege on a commitment.
Things change. Gotta think we see changes in some of the commits, it will be interesting to see if they make AB and the coaches happy or not.

Think you're wrong here. Kid is a beast and if he played outside WY would be a national recruit.

Seattle le has an ocean. I know that would appeal to my kids. Totally different climate and a big city. It ain't Longmont. But that was the tie- breaker perhaps. I'm sure the kid noticed their Defense was top notch and there 3 All-Americans.

With three AA's that defense should have been dominant, but they looked just "okay" in Boulder and elsewhere. With those three gone, I'd be worried if a was a Dawg fan.

Hard to tell with Bartlett, a "beast" in WYO against that low level of talent in the biggest of their schools?..................Hmmmmmm, nice get as a development-type guy and at LB, not QB.

This kid was (to me) the big miss in last class. He would have started all year at LB. He got in all 12 games as a true frosh for UW and played more on defense as the season went on. Didn't play a ton, but their D was very, very good.

This kid was (to me) the big miss in last class. He would have started all year at LB. He got in all 12 games as a true frosh for UW and played more on defense as the season went on. Didn't play a ton, but their D was very, very good.

Yup. He could have started here the entire year and probably both ways playing tight end too haha. Really wish we could have got Leavitt in a little earlier to try and make an impression before signing day. The staff seemed to do all they could with him.

Back