What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 WY ATH Tevis Bartlett (Verbal to Washington)

There was a pretty good OL from Torrington in the late 80s or early 90s but I can't remember his name.

Thanks for the wrestling info - didn't realize the top college weight class before Heavyweight was 197. That would be a tough deal.

I think this guy is going to be a Buff, but you never know. Craig Bohl will pull out all the stops.

He's on an unofficial to Oregon, it looks like. I'll be very interested to hear what he has to say after that.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this story, but it seems CU and UW could be in trouble here http://bit.ly/1s35BD4 (free)

I think you're reading too much into it. Kid came home from visiting Stanford and Oregon impressed with what those schools had to offer. Still talked about Wyoming and Colorado. I think his heart is still close to home.

Also seems like both Oregon and Furd are both only recruiting him on the defensive side. If CU offers the chance to come in and compete as a QB, I think we will have a good shot.

I think you're reading too much into it. Kid came home from visiting Stanford and Oregon impressed with what those schools had to offer. Still talked about Wyoming and Colorado. I think his heart is still close to home.
Yep. He seems dead set in staying close to home.

I would love to see the work that the staff put in early on Bartlett pay off. I don't care where he plays, just get him on campus and let that work itself out.

No single player can define recruiting ability, but this guy seems as close as it gets to giving us a gauge on whether the staff can get the players it needs to get when it has the geographic advantage.

No single player can define recruiting ability, but this guy seems as close as it gets to giving us a gauge on whether the staff can get the players it needs to get when it has the geographic advantage.

This. ​The Bartlett Scale of Recruiting.

There is likely a ton of pressure on him to stay home in Wyoming. More than, say, even a kid from Colorado to go to CU. He would also get a lot more criticism at home if he opted for CU than he would get if he opted for, say, Stanford. IMO. Therefore, I don't see this is some sort of litmus test.

There is likely a ton of pressure on him to stay home in Wyoming. More than, say, even a kid from Colorado to go to CU. He would also get a lot more criticism at home if he opted for CU than he would get if he opted for, say, Stanford. IMO. Therefore, I don't see this is some sort of litmus test.

A Pac-12 caliber player can compete above MWC competition. Regardless of any Wyoming residents who claim the red team to the east as their P5 favorite, Colorado is not a MW team. We are the Front Range's Pac-12 team and I would hope because of the lower density of Division I programs in our time zone that there's some regional pride developing among athletes who like Wyoming but whose skills suit higher competition.

If it were a Wyo hoops player with that offer list we would expect Tad to get him. Hoping MacIntyre can start to sell the same.

A Pac-12 caliber player can compete above MWC competition. Regardless of any Wyoming residents who claim the red team to the east as their P5 favorite, Colorado is not a MW team. We are the Front Range's Pac-12 team and I would hope because of the lower density of Division I programs in our time zone that there's some regional pride developing among athletes who like Wyoming but whose skills suit higher competition.

If it were a Wyo hoops player with that offer list we would expect Tad to get him. Hoping MacIntyre can start to sell the same.
That is certainly a good theory. As good as any.

Absolutely we should nab this guy if staying home is important to him. That being said, people from Wyo have a great deal of state pride. It would not surprise me if he chose to stay in state and play for the cowboys and be that hometown hero.

The bright lights of Oregon and Stanford may be enough to lure him away though. This recruiting battle is definitely up in the air right now.

Absolutely we should nab this guy if staying home is important to him. That being said, people from Wyo have a great deal of state pride. It would not surprise me if he chose to stay in state and play for the cowboys and be that hometown hero.

The bright lights of Oregon and Stanford may be enough to lure him away though. This recruiting battle is definitely up in the air right now.

Hopefully the bright lights of Boulder are too.
Things are starting to turn for the better I feel it.

About damn time a coaching staff realizes official visits need to happen during the season. Very nice to see that changing.

Really want this kid. Looks tough and legit. Like the athleticism and a "local kid". Not sure where we are as far as # go? But, need to save room for a true dedicated RB.

We need some good news.

Boulder to Cheyenne is only a two hour drive, but the Pac 12 is light years separated from the MWC. Best of both worlds if he comes here.

His visit could be timely because we are on the upswing and I think in position to pull out a win against OSU this weekend. It should at a minimum be a competitive game.

Back