What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB Carlo Kemp (Signed to Michigan)

Cu is the only one where he can play in front of his friends and family for 8 games per year. Also, could you imagine the fan fair if the local star decided to stay in Boulder. Honestly albuffs may crash

Half thinking about going down to Fairview every day for practice with my Buffs gear on, holding a boombox over my head and playing Peter Gabriel on loop until he commits.

Half thinking about going down to Fairview every day for practice with my Buffs gear on, holding a boombox over my head and playing Peter Gabriel on loop until he commits.

Yes, the freaky, love stalker straight out of the 80's works every time.

Looks to be an update on Mr. Kemp's plans/ thoughts- http://www.scout.com/college/notre-dame/story/1584088-kemp-knows-four-officials . Among other things, the article starts with "Boulder (Colo.) Fairview defensive end Carlo Kemp could make a decision as early as this month. "

(I'm not feeling much excitement towards CU (other than how close it is to his house) in the article, but it is one of up to five official visits he's taking. Of course, that lack of excitement could just be caused by how the article is written/ weighted, and what questions the writer asked, as it looks like she covers mainly Notre Dame football.)

I saw him play of Friday night. He must of had an off night. He looks the part, nice size and speed. He did however seem to have difficulty getting off the blocks, and he was not going against D1 talent. I only heard his name called a couple times during the game. He lined up at DE (OLB) a few times but spent most of game at middle. They got beat up in the ground game. Like I said maybe just an off night but I was not impressed with his performance.

I saw him play of Friday night. He must of had an off night. He looks the part, nice size and speed. He did however seem to have difficulty getting off the blocks, and he was not going against D1 talent. I only heard his name called a couple times during the game. He lined up at DE (OLB) a few times but spent most of game at middle. They got beat up in the ground game. Like I said maybe just an off night but I was not impressed with his performance.

I use to coach at Horizon and was at the game too. Ybarra(Horizon head coach) told me he is the best defensive player in the state. They did everything they could to minimize his impact in the game. Part of the game play was to run the ball as much as possible and keep out of passing situations all together. Horizon did not want Kemp blitzing without honoring the run first. Worked pretty well and they used great discipline not abandoning the run when they feel behind by 2 scores.

I use to coach at Horizon and was at the game too. Ybarra(Horizon head coach) told me he is the best defensive player in the state. They did everything they could to minimize his impact in the game. Part of the game play was to run the ball as much as possible and keep out of passing situations all together. Horizon did not want Kemp blitzing without honoring the run first. Worked pretty well and they used great discipline not abandoning the run when they feel behind by 2 scores.

what years did you coach at horizon?

I have been around the program for 6 years now and that is the best game Frank has coached. My oldest graduated last year but didn't play his senior year, and I have a junior there now.

Nice, seems like Frank has a great victory every couple years. They almost knocked Lakewood of the playoffs in 2011 and Lakewood made it to the final game.

Nice. What positions? Or were you a coordinator?

I was the WR coach. I coached Josh Bredl who is now in the WWE. He played TE for me for 3 years. He would have been a Buff but the injury bug hit Josh his senior year and Hawkins backed off.

Nice, seems like Frank has a great victory every couple years. They almost knocked Lakewood of the playoffs in 2011 and Lakewood made it to the final game.
3 or 4 years ago we went on a nice run, upset 3 different teams on the road for their homecoming games. Fairview was one of them.

I was the WR coach. I coached Josh Bredl who is now in the WWE. He played TE for me for 3 years. He would have been a Buff but the injury bug hit Josh his senior year and Hawkins backed off.
They have Josh listed at 6'8" 275? are those WWE numbers or are they real? we could use some more of them that size now !

3 or 4 years ago we went on a nice run, upset 3 different teams on the road for their homecoming games. Fairview was one of them.

There is no team I would rather beat than Fairview. Cannot stand their coaching staff and that includes the head guy. When I coached we had a major beef with Sean Embree when he coached for Northglenn that carried over when he went to Fairview. Not sure if he is there anymore.

They have Josh listed at 6'8" 275? are those WWE numbers or are they real? we could use some more of them that size now !

He is 6'6 270. When he signed a free agent contract with Green Bay he was 300lbs. He lost 30 lbs going through that WWE show tough enough. Hawkins wanted Josh as a OT prospect but no scholarships were available. That was the year we signed Nick Kasa's class. It was actually a pretty high ranking class.

Carlo is coming to this weekend's game against Arizona on an official visit. Would love to have him pick CU on signing day.

I always liked that poem. Unfortunately this road has 3 other solid paths and unfortunately we aren't going to be the chosen one. However, like some other recruits that have returned home from what they thought were greener pastures I hope he finishes his college career here.

Nothing plays into the thinking of a 2016 OLB recruit like early 1900's poetry. you F'ing nailed it DBT. we should let you cover Cali...
I'm thinking of incorporating some Longfellow into my next post. Either that or some John Denver.

I'm thinking of incorporating some Longfellow into my next post. Either that or some John Denver.
"He was born in the summer of his thirty-fifth year...", right?

Stranger things have happened than Kemp staying home to play college football, I'm sure if it.

Last edited:
He'll never start at Michigan, Stanford, or Notre Dame. And CU will likely be in the middle of another coaching change in the middle of his tenure.
Another Colorado HS kid who's getting totally over-recruited. His best choice, for playing early and getting noticed by pro scouts, would be something like Boise State, Nevada, Houston, Kansas State, etc.
or CSU?

Back