What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF Dallas Walton (Signed to COLORADO)

I like that he's a mobile 7ft with a soft touch. Walton would provide some much needed height and that height alone can cause issues for other teams near the rim. Health issues are a concern, but it can happen to anyone (see XJ, Dinwiddie). CU is by far his best option right now in terms of B-ball and Academics. Hopefully Billups and DeGray give him a little nudge. I'm sure Tad got a good scouting report on Walton from ex-alum. Please pick the Buffs!!! This could be a steal down the road!!! Apply the full court press Tad!!!

Worst case scenario is that we end up paying for a medical retirement and end up with an open scholly down the road.

If the knee holds up we could end up with what people dream of, a seven footer who is athletic enough that he doesn't slow down a team built on mobile wings and man to man defense.

For a guy coming off a second major knee injury and at his height he looks to already have good mobility and hops.

We aren't likely to recruit a 5* one and done quality big man. This guy is worth the risk because he has the potential to develop into something closer to that than we are looking at otherwise.

Here's my question about Walton is his ability to post down low and score or do what JS40 does by catching the ball outside and then working his way to to the hole? I ask this as my perception is the Buffs need to "replace" Scott with someone who can score in the paint rather settle for face-up jumpers.

Walton seems a bit slight of build despite his obvious height. If he could put on a lot of muscle he might be a find.

Here's my question about Walton is his ability to post down low and score or do what JS40 does by catching the ball outside and then working his way to to the hole? I ask this as my perception is the Buffs need to "replace" Scott with someone who can score in the paint rather settle for face-up jumpers.

Walton seems a bit slight of build despite his obvious height. If he could put on a lot of muscle he might be a find.

It would be great to get a direct replacement for Scott but lets be realistic, Potential first round draft choices are exactly falling off trees. Scott has a skill set offensively that some guys in the NBA don't have.

If Walton can be effective on the defensive end, be a solid rebounder, and be an effective enough scorer to keep the big men honest he would be a plus player for us.

I'm all for picking up Walton. I think he can replace J Scott after a redshirt year of prepping his body. I think Scott gained 20 -25 lbs. of muscle between his freshman and soph seasons. I'd like to see Walton do the same without wasting a season of eligibility.

I see no mention of Josh Scott in any of the NBA mock drafts. I do see these P12 players:
Jaylen Brown, Ivan Rabb and Tyrone Wallace - Cal
Gary Payton II - Oregon St.
Alonzo Trier, Ryan Anderson and Kaleb Tarczewski - AZ

As for Walton, he's certainly a step above late offers such as Stalzer and Guzo.

7 footers don't grow on trees and the upside potential is HUGE with him.

Count me impressed. Soft hands, good passer, nice feet, soft touch, some decent post moves. I hope the knee holds up for the kid. If so he has a bright future, wherever he ends up playing his college ball. I hope its not Oregon. Wouldn't that be a heartbreaker.

Reports were 6'10"... then the most recent article had him grown to 7' for his senior year. He hadn't really played since he was a soph.

I think a healthy Walton is the #1 recruit in the state.
Davis had an offer from Indiana before he even attended classes at Overland. Safe bet that Walton would have never been considered a top 35 player nationally.
From the 4 or so YT videos he's posted over the last week, it's clear he's a high-major player & eventually a solid P12 starter. He needs a redshirt yr though & hopefully learns how to score on Gordon.

A lot to like with this kid and am actually starting to get really high on him. Have to think he'd have a lot of interest if not for the knee concerns. Good touch. Runs the floor well. Has shown 3-point range and a good jumper in the past. As Will pointed out a couple years ago, tries to dunk any time he gets the ball near the basket.

A lot to like with this kid and am actually starting to get really high on him. Have to think he'd have a lot of interest if not for the knee concerns. Good touch. Runs the floor well. Has shown 3-point range and a good jumper in the past. As Will pointed out a couple years ago, tries to dunk any time he gets the ball near the basket.

Except for injury risk, it seems like the worst case scenario would be a 7 footer who can score but is a defensive liability. Bulk him up a bit and get him after it on defense and his ceiling is really high.

When he dunks, he definitely favors his knee. Seems he is always coming down on the other leg. Otherwise, you can hardly tell the knee has been a problem at all. Leaping ability is very good, has a good eye for the ball as it bounces off the rim too.

I dunno, man. I remember several folks openly questioning that offer.
I didn't openly question the offer, but I sure did question the offer to King but I sure did privately. Oh and most recruiting rankings had him as every bit as big of a reach as XT. Have to tip our hats to Boyle for finding King and to King for putting in the work to get to where he is now.

Davis had an offer from Indiana before he even attended classes at Overland. Safe bet that Walton would have never been considered a top 35 player nationally.
From the 4 or so YT videos he's posted over the last week, it's clear he's a high-major player & eventually a solid P12 starter. He needs a redshirt yr though & hopefully learns how to score on Gordon.

I agree. Personal opinion. I'm way outside consensus opinion on this one.

This kid has tremendous potential. If his knee can stay intact, CU got an absolute awesome player here, IMO. A redshirt year and then play in the 2017-18 season will be ideal. I'm with Nik on this. Could be an amazing player down the road.
1+++ really like this kid.

Only issue is with West Arvada, it's pretty sketchy over there. They're known for their questionable wardrobes.

dallas-walton-560x250.jpg

Purdue is now sniffing around.

If he put on some good weight lift and is up to 215lbs how skinny was he.

Actually looks like a kid who will put on quality weight and strength and still be better athletically than most guys his height.

Glad to see the offer,

Stress break from Broncos. Like this offer. IMO, best highlights of any of the big men on Nik's 'big men' post. And yes, I you-tubed Froling ;)

Back