What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF Dallas Walton (Signed to COLORADO)

As for Walton, he's certainly a step above late offers such as Stalzer and Guzo.

7 footers don't grow on trees and the upside potential is HUGE with him.

They do not, but they grow like trees. I like that he can shoot, has a soft touch around the rim, has a quick first step, and jumps fast (like Josh Scott). He is not jumping out of the gym, but has long arms as you would expect from from a 7 footer. He seems to run the court well but is somewhat lumbering after his first step.

Put some good weight on this guy and keep him healthy, we will have something. Plus I am from Arvada and always pull for those kids.

I look to nik and others here for hoops recruiting, is this a guy who could give us 10 and 10 in the future? I know he will have to beef up a little and some question the footwork.

I look to nik and others here for hoops recruiting, is this a guy who could give us 10 and 10 in the future? I know he will have to beef up a little and some question the footwork.

Just saying, 10 rebounds a game is top 25 nationally. Josh is just a notch over 9 per game right now. If we get 10 and 10 from him, that's incredible.

If the knee heals, then absolutely.

But what excites me the most about a 7 footer is he can cause opponents to shoot 40% from 2 pt range.

FWIW. Apparently, he was told that they would like him to redshirt and get his weight up to 240.

That would probably be the best for him. 1) Let that knee keep heeling 2) Strengthen the knee with a collegiate S&C coach/program 3) Bulk up

FWIW. Apparently, he was told that they would like him to redshirt and get his weight up to 240.
Welcome aboard D-Dub!!!

I love the pickup here! What impresses me most from his highlights is how he rebounds out of his area and goes to get the ball. He has a nice little jump hook to start with as well. Just by being 7 feet with blocking skills, he'll change games defensively on the inside.

I would like to see him redshirt to give his knee more time to get ready. However we'll be extremely thin in the front court next year, especially if XJ doesn't come back. Plus what if he comes in and can really play at 225. Very interesting scenarios. I'm glad to have him.

If D-Dub was asked to redshirt, maybe it's a sign that XJ is coming back... muhahahaha :sneaky:

I hope that, unlike Ben Mills, he can beef up.

He is skinny but already looks stronger than Ben was, and more athletic.

He is not likely to ever be a Shaquile O'Neil but I think he will beef up effectively.

If he can get/remain healthy, who would be a good pro comparison for him in terms of his style of play?

I see a lot of Ibaka in him in how effortless he looks springing off the floor and blocking shots. Also with his ability to hit the step-back jumpshot. May not have a complete Arsenal offesively, but looks to be able to score on players as well. Like AD, probably best suited playing PF with a big C next to him, so he can be more of a ranging free safety defensively.

Although Ibaka is probably best case scenario, I think he can be an impact player for us as long as he can put in healthy minutes.

This is great news. Impossible to project what this kid will be when he's missed so much time. Hope people can practice patience & measured expectations here.

He COULD be at 240 before he steps on campus if he's actually 225 right now and works his butt off in the weight room this summer. If his knee is 100% this fall, I have a hard time believing he doesn't play next season.

He definitely looks way more athletic than Ben Mills, Harris-Tunks, Froling, Scotty McKnight, and Nelson Spruce.
I know this was a joke, but Froling measured in at 6'11" 263 at the Basketball Without Borders over the weekend and was considered one of, if not the best, shooter to be present.

This is great news. Impossible to project what this kid will be when he's missed so much time. Hope people can practice patience & measured expectations here.

Completely agree - wholeheartedly. We should be happy we got him, but I really hope all the love being sent his way doesn't unreasonably raise expectations for this kid.

He definitely looks way more athletic than Ben Mills, Harris-Tunks, Froling, Scotty McKnight, and Nelson Spruce.

Ever since you creeped on Blondo the cheerleader, who was not that hot, you've been one of my favorite posters.

I've been pretty outspoken about my dislike of basketball redshirting, but considering how it's worked for Tad with Wes, GK and Chris Jenkins (who's putting up some good numbers in Detroit), I should probably shut up at this point.

I've been pretty outspoken about my dislike of basketball redshirting, but considering how it's worked for Tad with Wes, GK and Chris Jenkins (who's putting up some good numbers in Detroit), I should probably shut up at this point.

Seems like a no brainer. He hasn't really played a full year of high school varsity because of his knee, which he's still not 100% from.

Back